Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Demodectic or Gut related ? (Pictures) Need help

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    419

    Default

    CeraVe works good if you can find it. I use this for example;
    https://www.amazon.com/Cerave-Moistu..._1557691966498

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea on what I could use as a moisturizer ? To help rosacea and not to feed the yeast ?
    Try the Cerave Moisturising Cream! (Not lotion) 😊

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    Try the Cerave Moisturising Cream! (Not lotion) 😊
    Thanks!!

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Hmm should i stop with the metronidazole antibiotic pills after a week , will it just make my SD problem worse? and do these bumps look more like serrborheic dermatitis bumps or ? life
    Last edited by feckes94; 13th May 2019 at 10:06 AM.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    Hmm should i stop with the metronidazole antibiotic pills after a week , will it just make my SD problem worse? and do these bumps look more like serrborheic dermatitis bumps or ? life
    Itís hard to know! A lot of ppl say antibiotics worsen/cause fungal or yeast issues like SD..Iíve been on them for a gut issue and didnít seem to give me any more issues..I think it actually improved somewhat.. so whether that means my issue is more demodex I donít know. If youíve been prescribed the metronidazole Iíd stay on them for the prescribed course? Have you found that any antifungals help your skin?

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    It’s hard to know! A lot of ppl say antibiotics worsen/cause fungal or yeast issues like SD..I’ve been on them for a gut issue and didn’t seem to give me any more issues..I think it actually improved somewhat.. so whether that means my issue is more demodex I don’t know. If you’ve been prescribed the metronidazole I’d stay on them for the prescribed course? Have you found that any antifungals help your skin?
    I started using nizoral cream just last week ,so far no improvements .Got it ,it's just frustrating not knowing if I'm helping the situation or doing the complete opposite.. nope , the only thing that helped was the water fasting, it went away completely and then came back a couple of days later .. have you tried it ? Might be that stopping with the carbohydrates,I was limiting the food supply of the yeast .. I dont know . And about your demodex problem .. have you tried soolantra ,or oral ivermectin ? The serrborheic dermatitis thing is completely new to me and I have almost no knowledge about it (yet) I heard topical metrogel is also effective for treating it .
    Last edited by feckes94; 13th May 2019 at 03:30 PM.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    I started using nizoral cream just last week ,so far no improvements .Got it ,it's just frustrating not knowing if I'm helping the situation or doing the complete opposite.. nope , the only thing that helped was the water fasting, it went away completely and then came back a couple of days later .. have you tried it ? Might be that stopping with the carbohydrates,I was limiting the food supply of the yeast .. I dont know . And about your demodex problem .. have you tried soolantra ,or oral ivermectin ? The serrborheic dermatitis thing is completely new to me and I have almost no knowledge about it (yet) I heard topical metrogel is also effective for treating it .
    Nope, I havenít tried fasting! Iím a physiotherapist so Iíd probably faint if I just drank water 😬 I tried soolantra but not for long as it contains ingredients that worsen Seb Derm and I wasnít sure if I had Seb Derm or demodex and so tried it for a few days and it may have gotten worse? Not a great deal but I think it was enough to freak me out as I was starting a new job and couldnít deal with any additional issues with my skin! I have been meaning to give it another go though, I still have the tube. Just have to have the courage to try it, at least Iíll know either way if itís a demodex or Malassezia issue! My ophthalmologist says I definitely have demodex on my lashes though as I have lost a lot of eyelashes and apparently only demodex causes that. Iím not sure about metrogel as that is more an antibiotic than antifungal I believe?

    How are you going with the metronidazole/ivermectin?

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    Nope, I havenít tried fasting! Iím a physiotherapist so Iíd probably faint if I just drank water �� I tried soolantra but not for long as it contains ingredients that worsen Seb Derm and I wasnít sure if I had Seb Derm or demodex and so tried it for a few days and it may have gotten worse? Not a great deal but I think it was enough to freak me out as I was starting a new job and couldnít deal with any additional issues with my skin! I have been meaning to give it another go though, I still have the tube. Just have to have the courage to try it, at least Iíll know either way if itís a demodex or Malassezia issue! My ophthalmologist says I definitely have demodex on my lashes though as I have lost a lot of eyelashes and apparently only demodex causes that. Iím not sure about metrogel as that is more an antibiotic than antifungal I believe?

    How are you going with the metronidazole/ivermectin?
    fasting definetely worked for me , but only for the duration of the fast . I understand completely , it might just have been the demodex die off for you (who knows) .. these two conditions go together sometimes as you already know , it might be that we have both (?) maybe the oral ivermectin would be a better option if soolantra has ingredients that further irritate your SD. My skin , dear lord , my skin looks about the same as it looked like the last time i posted my update pics, with a few additional pimples (some of them are very very tiny and dont look like they have pus inside them but rather a transparent fluid which may mean they are fungal) , and blemishes and pimples on my back and chest . i feel like life has kicked me in the nuts for no apparent reason , dont know what the hell i did wrong for it to go the way it is going. today i had my other dose of ivermectin , i was suppose to take two double doses of it in two weeks , so im done with it and done with the antibiotics. tomorrow ill start a 1800 km long van trip to get to a kids camp where im suppose to work at for three days , and it will be very hard to tell what is doing what to my skin . so wish me luck . ill keep posting about any news
    Last edited by feckes94; 10th August 2019 at 06:16 PM.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    oh..have you ever tried fluconazole . did you have success with it ?

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    fasting definetely worked for me , but only for the duration of the fast . I understand completely , it might just have been the demodex die off for you (who knows) .. these two conditions go together sometimes as you already know , it might be that we have both (?) maybe the oral ivermectin would be a better option if soolantra has ingredients that further irritate your SD. My skin , dear lord , my skin looks about the same as it looked like the last time i posted my update pics, with a few additional pimples (some of them are very very tiny and dont look like they have pus inside them but rather a transparent fluid which may mean they are fungal) , and blemishes and pimples on my back and chest . i feel like life has kicked me in the nuts for no apparent reason , dont know what the hell i did wrong for it to go the way it is going. today i had my other dose of ivermectin , i was suppose to take two double doses of it in two weeks , so im done with it and done with the antibiotics. tomorrow ill start a 1800 km long van trip to get to a kids camp where im suppose to work at for three days ( f u c k ), and it will be very hard to tell what is doing what to my skin . so wish me luck . ill keep posting about any news
    Yes, it definitely may have just been die-off but I didn’t wanna risk it at that point! It’s just so draining trying things that then make it even worse, you hve to be in the right mental state to do it - it’s the only way to find a potential solution! I’ve never had bad acne or anything, still hve no back or chest acne or anything just super sensitive skin, PD, accutane induced flushing and dry eye and potentially Seb Derm. The absolute worst symptom for me would be the crazy oiliness soon after showering around and on the nose as well as texture next to the nose. Drives me crazy! Obvs oiliness is better on low dose accutane. Yes tried fluconazole, did nothing. Other things that did nothing or irritated my ?rosacea skin too much to continue are: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, selsun gold shampoo, soolantra as discussed, honey (gave me heaps of red bumps on my nose where I tested it?!), TTO, sulfur ointment, benzoyl peroxide, moisturising++, urea cream, no makeup, Lotrimin ultra, cliradex wipes (burned the eff out of my eyelids, I have no idea how people do it and made the inflammation and eyelash loss worse), sulfur cream, TO niacinamide + zinc, Azelaic acid, Benton aloe propolis soothing gel. Not to mention all the cleansers and moisturisers etc. I’m tired! And would have far more money if I didn’t take the antibiotics that caused this. F&@“ doxycycline!
    Last edited by aussiechick84; 15th May 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. So if fasting clears my skin temporarily then SD must be gut related?
    By Trevi in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31st May 2019, 01:52 PM
  2. I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?
    By atlas222 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 5th May 2019, 05:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd November 2017, 10:22 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th February 2016, 05:50 PM
  5. Demodectic Rosacea
    By Brady Barrows in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd March 2007, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •