Thread: Just been perscribe Ivermectin

Default Just been perscribe Ivermectin

Just been prescribed Ivermectin by the Doc , Anybody tried this and what was the outcome / thoughts on this ?

Thanks

Spooky Mulder !!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyMulder View Post
    Just been prescribed Ivermectin by the Doc , Anybody tried this and what was the outcome / thoughts on this ?

Thanks

Spooky Mulder !!

I did the combined oral Ivermectin + oral Metronidazole treatment for 2 weeks. Same treatment as recommended in the May 2013 International Journal of Infectious Diseases for Demodex.
    It worked for me. 15+ months later I am still clear. I had misdiagnosed demodex literally for decades.. I had both skin and eye issues which evolved into severe ocular rosacea (also known as blepharitis demodex) This is the only treatment that ever worked for me.

Oral Ivermectin by itself can be effective.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyMulder View Post

Thanks

Spooky Mulder !!
    Do you mean topical ivermectin (Soolantra cream) or oral ivermectin?

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I did the combined oral Ivermectin + oral Metronidazole treatment for 2 weeks. Same treatment as recommended in the May 2013 International Journal of Infectious Diseases for Demodex.
    It worked for me. 15+ months later I am still clear. I had misdiagnosed demodex literally for decades.. I had both skin and eye issues which evolved into severe ocular rosacea (also known as blepharitis demodex) This is the only treatment that ever worked for me.

Oral Ivermectin by itself can be effective.

Good Luck!
    ElaineA and OP,

Can I ask what your doses were as well as scheduling? Was it a one time dose of Ivermectin? How did they calculate your dose of Ivermectin? Was it using the ‘250 ug/kg’? I know ‘kg’ is weight but what is ‘250 ug’?

Any tips on how to approach a Derm on this subject? I have horrible ocular rosacea, including blepharitis, swollen eyelids etc. Gritty, itchy, blurred vision etc. I have tried everything (oral antibiotics and as you are well aware, we can’t exactly apply creams to our eyes).

The results are pretty dramatic in the pics below but it seems it works for some and not others. I am really happy it worked for you though! Ivermectin is a very safe drug and has been used by literally millions of people worldwide for various conditions.

Thanks!

These are individuals who took a single oral dose of Ivermectin.

Last edited by RedFaced; 6th May 2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFaced View Post
    ElaineA and OP,

Can I ask what your doses were as well as scheduling? Was it a one time dose of Ivermectin? How did they calculate your dose of Ivermectin? Was it using the ‘250 ug/kg’? I know ‘kg’ is weight but what is ‘250 ug’?

Any tips on how to approach a Derm on this subject? I have horrible ocular rosacea, including blepharitis, swollen eyelids etc. Gritty, itchy, blurred vision etc. I have tried everything (oral antibiotics and as you are well aware, we can’t exactly apply creams to our eyes).

The results are pretty dramatic in the pics below but it seems it works for some and not others. I am really happy it worked for you though! Ivermectin is a very safe drug and has been used by literally millions of people worldwide for various conditions.

Thanks!

These are individuals who took a single oral dose of Ivermectin.

In my case my doctor followed the dosage protocol described in the article from the May 2013 Journal of Infectious diseases. That study used the 200 micrograms per kilogram of body weight. Some articles do say they use a higher rate of 250 micro-grams per kilogram of body weight. My doctor calculated that I needed about 10.9 milligrams per dose at the 200 microgram rate. But then he rounded the dosage up slightly to 12 micrograms so that I would not have to break the tablets into pieces. The tablets come in a 3 milligram tablet size. The dose was still within a safe amount for a person of my weight.

I took a total of two doses of oral Ivermectin over the 2 week period. The first dose of Ivermectin was on day 1 - took 12 milligrams. Took the second dose of oral Ivermectin on day 8 (start of the second week). For the 2 week period I also took oral Metronidazole every day - that dose was 250 milligrams/dose three times per day (with food).

I have seen some medical studies that just gave one dose of the Ivermection. Some people have reported that their doctors prescribe Ivermectin for 4 weekly doses during their treatment. Some doctors also use the single daily dose of 500 mg of oral Metronidazole. So, the prescription treatment may vary some based on the prescribing doctors experience or preference with administering this treatment.

Note this treatment only works if your skin issues are caused by demodex skin mites. But for demodex it works well. And yes antibiotics will not cure demodex! Believe me, 4 board certified dermatologists were convinced that I had bacterial acne and tried every antibiotic available over a period of about 23 years along with standard acne meds. None of it ever worked. The doctors never ran one test to find out what was really wrong. I gave up on them and stopped the treatment. I finally got ocular rosacea and I totally feel your pain. I had the same issues. This treatment really helped me.

Sorry to be so long in getting back to you - I had not seen your post until today.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 20th June 2019 at 11:03 PM.