Thread: Omega 3 fish Oil and Vitamin E

Default Omega 3 fish Oil and Vitamin E

Has anyone else noticed that taking fish oil supplements with Omega 3 and Vitamin E have dramatically improved their symptoms?

My Rosacea started a few years ago, it coincided with Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia, Hypothyrodism, Rheumatoid Arthritus and hay fever. I was prescribed Metrogel which did nothing. So I started to use zinc, tea tree oil and Povidon Iodide to help my skin. It did soothe my skin but it was not exactly great having to slather it on my skin every evening.

I thought the hair loss was due to my hypothyrodism and would clear up once I started taking levothyroxine. Sadly it did not and my dermatologist diagnosed me with Frontal fibrosing alopecia. Sadly I have complete eyebrow loss and because it is scarring alopecia it will not regrow.

I never really thought that my immune system could be to blame for all these conditions strangely starting together. I was annoyed with going back and being prescribed lotions for my skin that did nothing. The levothyroxine has helped greatly with my hypothyrodism but did nothing to help my rosacea.

I did some research of my own because my hay fever had become very bad and my skin was also so itchy. It was unbearable. I did notice taking ceterazine helped not only my hay fever but my Rosacea as well. I stopped taking it in winter and only took it in the summer months. I have not had to take it this year so far as my hay fever symptoms seem to have cleared up, I really hope it stays that way, it is only April so time will tell...

My joints in my hands and knees also were really painful. I saw that possibly this could be my immune system causing all these problems. My Dermatologist confirmed the hair loss was my immune system attacking my hair follicles.

I read somewhere that Omega 3 and Vitamin E can help drastically reduce problems caused by immune system disorders. Of course it is everything in moderation as taking too many supplements can be damaging as well.

I take 1000mg sea fish oil, 12mg Vitamin E, 180mg EPA, 120mg DHA which is in one supplement per day.

I took it originally to help with my joint pain, but I noticed my skin has cleared up! I have no idea if it is the vitamin E or the Omega 3 in the fish oil? But I am happy. No more putting that stuff on my face every evening. No more itching, and my hay fever has cleared up as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that taking fish oil supplements with Omega 3 and Vitamin E have dramatically improved their symptoms?

My Rosacea started a few years ago, it coincided with Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia, Hypothyrodism, Rheumatoid Arthritus and hay fever. I was prescribed Metrogel which did nothing. So I started to use zinc, tea tree oil and Povidon Iodide to help my skin. It did soothe my skin but it was not exactly great having to slather it on my skin every evening.

I thought the hair loss was due to my hypothyrodism and would clear up once I started taking levothyroxine. Sadly it did not and my dermatologist diagnosed me with Frontal fibrosing alopecia. Sadly I have complete eyebrow loss and because it is scarring alopecia it will not regrow.

I never really thought that my immune system could be to blame for all these conditions strangely starting together. I was annoyed with going back and being prescribed lotions for my skin that did nothing. The levothyroxine has helped greatly with my hypothyrodism but did nothing to help my rosacea.

I did some research of my own because my hay fever had become very bad and my skin was also so itchy. It was unbearable. I did notice taking ceterazine helped not only my hay fever but my Rosacea as well. I stopped taking it in winter and only took it in the summer months. I have not had to take it this year so far as my hay fever symptoms seem to have cleared up, I really hope it stays that way, it is only April so time will tell...

My joints in my hands and knees also were really painful. I saw that possibly this could be my immune system causing all these problems. My Dermatologist confirmed the hair loss was my immune system attacking my hair follicles.

I read somewhere that Omega 3 and Vitamin E can help drastically reduce problems caused by immune system disorders. Of course it is everything in moderation as taking too many supplements can be damaging as well.

I take 1000mg sea fish oil, 12mg Vitamin E, 180mg EPA, 120mg DHA which is in one supplement per day.

I took it originally to help with my joint pain, but I noticed my skin has cleared up! I have no idea if it is the vitamin E or the Omega 3 in the fish oil? But I am happy. No more putting that stuff on my face every evening. No more itching, and my hay fever has cleared up as well!
    I've found Nordic Naturals Omega 3 fish oil works well to reduce general redness etc, however it can cause quite a strong flush on the day I take it. For that reason, I stopped taking it, but I think there may still be a case for me taking it once a week to reduce overall inflammation as I do think it does that despite the flush. Vitamin E provides a small advantage to me, but not a large one, so I stopped taking it, but I'm sure it can help some people quite a lot - I used the Solgar brand of Vitamin E.

Both of these supplements are potentially helpful, although fish oil is the one most commonly associated with improving rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I've found Nordic Naturals Omega 3 fish oil works well to reduce general redness etc, however it can cause quite a strong flush on the day I take it. For that reason, I stopped taking it, but I think there may still be a case for me taking it once a week to reduce overall inflammation as I do think it does that despite the flush. Vitamin E provides a small advantage to me, but not a large one, so I stopped taking it, but I'm sure it can help some people quite a lot - I used the Solgar brand of Vitamin E.

Both of these supplements are potentially helpful, although fish oil is the one most commonly associated with improving rosacea.
    That is really interesting to know. I never knew how beneficial fish oil could be. If I had I would have taken it before. It was a fluke really as I took it to help with my joint pain, that fact it helped clear my skin is really a double whammy.

Congrats, hope you stay symptom free! Did it help with the alopecia too?