Thread: Help Iím desperate

Default Help Iím desperate

My skin recently changed and Iím struggling to find anything that doesnít dry my skin out .
    Iíve tried Eucerin clear pore gel, Cetaphil which dried my skin and la Roche Posay,Zinc soap burnt .
    Iím just using warm water at the moment and Olay sensitive to calm things down.

Any one else with super sensitive skin have any suggestions?
    Please Iím desperate.
    Iím late 40s so skin is over producing oil coz itís dry. I have large pores that are getting larger by the day .
    Please help

Hi, I understand the feeling! I've struggled with surface dryness for ages and get oily because of it. I've slowly been able to manage it better by adding gentle but hydrating products. I recommend you add a hyaluronic acid serum after you've cleansed, and daytime a good moisturizer (preferably with spf) and night time richer moisturizer/mask. I'm afraid to recommend products as that makes people suspicious of advertisement/selling etc. But I've had great success with products from the ordinary/niod and paulas choice. Paulas choice have a "recovery" mask which is super gentle and can be used every night if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AstridOh View Post
    Hi, I understand the feeling! I've struggled with surface dryness for ages and get oily because of it. I've slowly been able to manage it better by adding gentle but hydrating products. I recommend you add a hyaluronic acid serum after you've cleansed, and daytime a good moisturizer (preferably with spf) and night time richer moisturizer/mask. I'm afraid to recommend products as that makes people suspicious of advertisement/selling etc. But I've had great success with products from the ordinary/niod and paulas choice. Paulas choice have a "recovery" mask which is super gentle and can be used every night if needed.
    Iíve looked at Paulaís choice but Iím confused as to which product to use as a wash ?

Hi, so I use Bioderma sensibio gel moussant at night, it does not sting, not even in my eyes so it's very gentle. In the morning I use Bioderma sensibio micellar water on a cotton pad. At the moment I'm using mostly the Ordinary and Niod products. The Ordinary is very cheap and still very good. They have Hyaluronic acid serums which gives great and gentle hydration. I usually use Paulas Choice Calm daycreme with spf, and in the evening I use the paula's choice skin recovery masque. I do use other products as well but I've introduced them slowly over a long time. Perhaps this could be a good start for you and then you can add more/other products. It's really difficult also to know what works and not, we're all so different. It can sound weird to add oil when your skin is oily but the right oil can help heal the skin barrier and as result the skin slowly starts to produce less oil. I like chia oil, its very light and non greasy. It can be used morning and/or evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    My skin recently changed and Iím struggling to find anything that doesnít dry my skin out .
    Iíve tried Eucerin clear pore gel, Cetaphil which dried my skin and la Roche Posay,Zinc soap burnt .
    Iím just using warm water at the moment and Olay sensitive to calm things down.

Any one else with super sensitive skin have any suggestions?
    Please Iím desperate.
    Iím late 40s so skin is over producing oil coz itís dry. I have large pores that are getting larger by the day .
    Please help
    I would try an alcohol free product from the Body Shop

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    I would try an alcohol free product from the Body Shop
    Yeah I tried the Aloe Vera gental wash and it burned my skin.
    Itís a mare after susing the same product fo over 20 years .
    Iíve looked at Paulaís choice but a bit expensive for me to
    try. As Iíve had give up my job ( working outside in all weathers is not good with rosacea)
    So untill I get something else I canít afford to spend a lot on something that does not work.
    Sorry for being a pain. Will look at The Ordinary and if any one has any other suggestions.
    Please do .