Thread: rosacea care sunscreen alternative

Default rosacea care sunscreen alternative

Hi, I just tried to buy rosacea care sunscreen after not having used it in a few years( I try to stay out of the sun alot and only get it to my back most of the time) and I noticed that they are charging the same price (or almost the same price) for a 2oz /57g version as they were charging for a 4oz version 118g version, this just seems way too expensive now, it was already expensive for sunscreen before but I was wiling to pay for it because it felt quite cooling and mild on my skin. Can anyone suggest a good alternative ?

Are you referring to the Rosacea Care "Sunscreen 30" SPF30+ zinc sunscreen they sell?

If yes, I used to use that one but I have recently changed over to Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It has a similar level of zinc oxide (13% compared with 13.5% in the Rosacea Care product) and is lightly tinted with a tint that I find 'melts in' and matches my skin tone. It also dries matte, which I like as I tend towards oily.

Unfortunately, they are at similar price points - Paula's Choice costs $33 - so perhaps this isn't the most helpful suggestion...

Thanks for your response. Yes, that's the one I'm referring to. Really, I guess sunscreen has gotten more expensive then. How quickly do you use all of it ? The old container wasn't exactly huge , so 57g seems like I would use it really quickly.

Yeah, I know, they are expensive products - I think of it as the 'sensitive skin premium' ! You can pick up drugstore sunscreen for $8, but they always tend to aggravate my skin.

I actually never finished my bottle of the Rosacea Care sunscreen. I used it for 7 months and it was still going strong when I switched over to Paula's Choice. But I only regularly used a small amount on my nose and upper parts of my cheeks.

Now that I am using the Paula's Choice product, I am using it over my whole face so I will go through it more quickly, but on the other hand it spreads more easily than the Rosacea Care product so I get more coverage. At a conservative estimate, I expect two bottles a year should be more than enough for me.

But yes, they are expensive. I am only happy to pay the price because they agree with my skin and that's a big deal for me.

At the risk of sounding like a product rep for Paula's Choice, you can order a $1 sample from the website of the product if you want to try it. I ordered 3 x samples to try it out for a decent period before I bought the real thing. The only thing worse than buying an expensive sunscreen is finding out a week later that it breaks you out !