Thread: Demodex Treatment: Borax DIY Shampoo Followed by Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse (Balances

Default Demodex Treatment: Borax DIY Shampoo Followed by Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse (Balances

I've found that Borax shampoo can help treat the scalp for demodex skin mites. It really soothes the itch.

Several people expressed a valid concern that using just the DIY Borax shampoo could alter the Ph of your hair.
    I found several articles about using Borax shampoo followed by an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to rebalance the Ph of the hair.

DIY Borax Shampoo is Alkaline. Following the Borax shampoo with a diluted solution of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) may help re-balance the Ph of hair and succeed in killing demodex on the scalp. You also may want to use a good hair conditioner after the vinegar rinse if your hair is too dry.
    ACV can also kill the Malassazia fungus that causes dandruff and other types of fungal infections.

20 Mule Team Borax powder is available in the laundry aisle in US grocery store.

The first article below uses way too much borax in their DIY shampoo. Most DIY Borax shampoo recipes call for 1 tablespoon of Borax powder per cup of hot water. The hot water helps the borax dissolve.

DIY Shampoo:
    1. Add 1 tablespoon of Borax powder per cup of hot water.
    2. Stir well to dissolve the borax.
    3. Let mixture cool.
    4. Pour into a clean bottle or clean shampoo bottle for ease of use.
    5. Wash hair with Borax Shampoo. This is a no-suds shampoo so it will not lather. But massage into scalp and hair as you would with regular shampoo.
    6. Let the shampoo stay on hair at least a few minutes.
    6. Rinse thoroughly.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse to re-balance the ph of the hair. Recommended dilution ratio is 1 part ACV to 3 parts water.
    1. Take 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
    2. Add 1.5 cups of water.
    3. Mix solution.
    4. Pour into a clean bottle.
    5. NOTE: DO NOT GET THIS ACV Rinse IN YOUR EYES, IT STINGS - CLOSE EYES WHILE USING - TILTING HEAD BACK NOT FORWARD MAY HELP AVOID THIS!!! - IF YOU DO GET IT IN YOUR EYES, RINSE FACE AND EYE(S) WITH COLD WATER IMMEDIATELY!
    6. Pour on hair and massage through. Let sit on hair at least a few minutes.
    7. Rinse hair.
    8. Optional, after the ACV rinse use a hair conditioner if you feel that your hair is too dry.

https://www.almanac.com/news/natural...wo-ingredients

https://naturallclub.com/blogs/the-n...-cider-vinegar
    Last edited by ElaineA; 2nd April 2019 at 05:34 PM.

I like this! We should have many DIY recipies like this:
    Oat groat mix
    Sulphur in CeraVe
    Horse paste ivermectin
    T4O + mineral oil
    Etc

By having a tag like this it will be easy to search, instead of new users having to scroll through many posts. Difficult thing would be to know when a recipie is Ğdoneğ

Could ACV and borax be mixed together before application, to make pH better for scalp?

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Could ACV and borax be mixed together before application, to make pH better for scalp?
    Good question. I think that mixing them first would make them neutralize each other. Mixing first might wipe out the benefits of both.

That makes sense, you are probably right.
    I just filled my old shampoo bottle with borax and water, so it is in the shower. Do you make a new batch each time, or...?

Had my first shower with borax shampoo now. Time to see if my years long scalp issues has been caused my mites or not. Fingers crossed this works!

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    That makes sense, you are probably right.
    I just filled my old shampoo bottle with borax and water, so it is in the shower. Do you make a new batch each time, or...?

Had my first shower with borax shampoo now. Time to see if my years long scalp issues has been caused my mites or not. Fingers crossed this works!
    I make a shampoo bottle full at a time. I'm too lazy to make it fresh every time! Although the borax does settle out a bit if left for too many days. Warm water will redissolve the borax - or maybe a quick warm up in the microwave - if the container is microwave safe.
    Hope the borax helps!