Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling distressed

Default feeling distressed

And at what location do I point? Temple? Middle of my head? Luckily I live in the US with no criminal priors, and I'm not in any mental instability records... though I probably should be because of the burden of this disease. Either way, there is a shooting range within a 5 minutes drive from me. So maybe I'll just go buy a gun there and finish off my pathetic life.
    Last edited by David Pascoe; 4th March 2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: distressing title modified

Please don't kill yourself, there is always hope for better treatments that will come out. There is always ways to improve your mental health, meditation, yoga etc

I agree with Andy. Please know that you can get help. I think most of us on this site have felt despair and lack of ability to go on. Day by day... prayers and hope.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk.

I also might suggest taking your mind off whatever problems you're battling. Watch some Planet Earth. The universe is so mind-boggling, complex.

There's so much beauty out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9SItUEtJ8

Dear affdup.

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    So maybe I'll just go buy a gun there and finish off my pathetic life.
    I am familiar with those thoughts and feelings... no sense of meaningfullness.

Just stay alive one day at a time. Or one hour at a time.
    Find and use even the tiniest voice of self persevation to argue with the meaninglessness/urge to end it.

I am neither advocationg or advicing this, just saying that it made me better fighting day after day. (I gave my self permission to do it 6 years ahead at a fixed date, if I still feel and think the same then - and "I have tried everything"). When the urge and thoughts gets insisting I refer to the deal.

Reach out, allow others to help. And fight... One day at a time!

Nansa

I don’t understand why this person isn’t getting more support.

People come out of the woodwork to post on the latest ‘rosacea cure’ like rubbing goat urine on your face, or any of the other hundreds of ridiculous ‘treatments’ people have posted about.

This person is suffering. Reach out
    Last edited by Weezer; 28th February 2019 at 04:20 PM.

I have had these same thoughts and I have also tried the ďjust get through the next hourĒ, ďjust get through the next day.Ē Itís now been a little over a year, and although I still have those thoughts they are far fewer than they used to be. I had trouble on antidepressants- they made my rosacea symptoms worse (the breakouts or the flushing) which just exacerbated the depression vs helped it. But I know lots of people on here are not like that and have found real help both psychologically and with their rosacea by finding the right medication for them.

My current combo is clonazapam (1.5 mg a day - 1 mg in the AM and .5 at 3:00) and clonidine (.2 mg patch). It doesnít cure it by any means but lately at least has made it far more bearable so I can think about other things vs fixate on my skin. I have less pain now also after upping the clonazepam dose. It isnít ideal, but my psychiatrist is on board since itís the first thing thatís helped at all.

I donít know what you have tried, but I bet there are still a lot of options left. Please call a suicide hotline or visit a crisis clinic if you can- ultimately, thatís what at least got me on the path toward what I needed.

My music hobbies help distract me. I sit in front of my computer composing music for hours and it is very relaxing and therapuetic.

I understand how much this skin condition wears a person down. In some ways it has changed me completely but I never completely went to the dark side. There wasa time where I started giving away my personal belongings, mainly to charity shops, in anticipation of ending my life, and wanting to make things easier for my family should they have to sort through my stuff once I was dead.

But I really, really don't want to die. I took up meditation in 2015 and started changing my perspective in ways that helped me to relax. I stress about it all much less and there is less of the vicious cycle.

Of course, Mirvaso was a serious set back and almost pushed me over the edge, not least because I was not believed when describing the severe side effects and the unprofessionalism of the prescribing dermatologist.

I'm still alive though. I'm recovering. Things are getting better. I've become a student of skin and overall health. I have discovered things even medical GPs don't know or have failed to tell me about which would have helped me years ago.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

I made this topic when I was drunk (4:10 in the morning on a Saturday EST).. and I probably shouldn't have. But whatever I have it is tough to live with, and it's been almost 4 years. Seb derm... rosacea... both... has seriously hampered my life. Meanwhile my brother who is 3 years older has no issues, and no one else in my family does either. My brother has the darker skin of my father and dark brown hair and brown eyes and I got all of my features from my mom.. light eyes, skin and hair. For reference I am 31.
    Last edited by aafdup; 1st March 2019 at 09:16 PM.

Just the fact that you can have thoughts such as those shows that you really should get some help. Not sure where you are based but, even if professional help is outside your pricepoint, voluntary organisations can be lifesaving (literally).