Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm doing the Carnivore/ZeroCarb Diet

Hello!
    How are you doing? Do you feel better?
    My diet helped me. But I combined it with fitness. For 4 months I felt constantly tired and I also had problems with digestion. The doctor advised a diet to improve metabolism. Try to combine your diet and classes here with this simulator https://askyourfitnessquestion.com/t...orkouts-review, for example. You eat a lot of protein now, so these activities will benefit you and improve your metabolism.

I'm doing great with a keto/low carb diet, blepharitis almost gone and rosacea in remission. Give it a try guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Hi,

My situation :

I'm 25. I have rosacea, type redness flush only (no pimple but hot and unpleasant flushs). I react badly to many type of food, to emotions and stress. I have chronic fatigue and digestive problems (bloating, food intolerance, flush after meals).

I am convinced that rosacea is linked to intestinal health and immunity. I'm pretty sure I have SIBO and a low stomach acid production. Which causes my health problems. I have already tested a lot of diets / supplements in recent years. I never felt real improvements...

What i'm doing :

I decided to test a radical diet: the Carnivore Diet. It's a diet with zero carbohydrates, zero fiber, just a fair amount of meat, offal and organs, fish, eggs, bone broth and... that's all.

I also take a multivitamin to make sure I have enough micronutrients. I also take Betaine HCL and a supplement supposed to help eradicate SIBO / Candida called "Candida Support" and which contains caprilyc acid, pau d'arco, oregano oil and some other ingredients. That's all, I do not take anything else.

Updates (regularly edited) :

I am on the second day now. I have a big desire for sugar. My whole body shouts to me "Sugar, sugar, sugar!" but I resist. I am also tired and have uncomfortable sensations. It seems that it is quite normal, and that it will go much better the 3rd or 4th day when my body will be accustomed to this ZeroCarb/Keto Diet.

Feel free to ask any question or have any suggestion !
    Hi Ryohiku

Low dose naltrexone (often referred to as LDN) may be worth considering given your chronic fatigue and rosacea. LDN is being used with some success in chronic fatigue, and less commonly in rosacea too. Having taken it, I've certainly found it leads to a strong sleep pattern, and I think this is one of the benefits for CF. You can find more about how to get it at this website:
    https://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/what-is-ldn

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    4th day:
    Good news. Fatigue is gone, I think my body has gone into ketogenic metabolism.

I added oregano oil capsules to my supplement routine. I want to accelerate the eradication of sibo.
    I always eat little, the meat does not attract me, every bite my body says "no thank you". So it's almost a fast that I do, I consume very few calories.

I think slowly reintroduce other foods, tomorrow or the day after, while continuing the supplements (Candida Support, Oregano Oil, Betaine HCL with each meal).
    I also ordered Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. On different posts, some said they improve their rosacea with these capsules. In addition, it will increase gastric acidity, like betaine.

In any case, I no longer have bloating. It feels good, especially when we used to have balloons after each meal. But I do not know if this will continue when I reintroduce fibrous, vegetal and carbohydrate foods.
    hey! How are u doing? Wanna know your improvements! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by 3jun View Post
    hey! How are u doing? Wanna know your improvements! Please!
    One of the cool features at vBulletin is you can click on a poster's forum posts, which shows as of this date that Ryohiku has a total of 30 posts. In this thread Ryohiku starts out stating that he is on his second day of the Carnivore/ZeroCarb diet on 2/21/19. His last post in this thread was on 2/23/19. If you view his forum posts his last post was March 8 about his theory on rosacea and cannabis, which may indicate he has moved on past this diet.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Sorry not to have answered before.

I stopped the diet on the 6th day, it was too hard to continue. In addition I lost a lot of weight, and im naturally very thin.

Maybe the diet held over longer would have yielded results. The only thing I noticed during these 6 days is a significant decrease in my bloating. But this is normal since no more foods that can ferment are ingested. The bloatings came back as soon as I stopped the diet.