Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm doing the Carnivore/ZeroCarb Diet

Lightbulb I'm doing the Carnivore/ZeroCarb Diet

Hi,

My situation :

I'm 25. I have rosacea, type redness flush only (no pimple but hot and unpleasant flushs). I react badly to many type of food, to emotions and stress. I have chronic fatigue and digestive problems (bloating, food intolerance, flush after meals).

I am convinced that rosacea is linked to intestinal health and immunity. I'm pretty sure I have SIBO and a low stomach acid production. Which causes my health problems. I have already tested a lot of diets / supplements in recent years. I never felt real improvements...

What i'm doing :

I decided to test a radical diet: the Carnivore Diet. It's a diet with zero carbohydrates, zero fiber, just a fair amount of meat, offal and organs, fish, eggs, bone broth and... that's all.

I also take a multivitamin to make sure I have enough micronutrients. I also take Betaine HCL and a supplement supposed to help eradicate SIBO / Candida called "Candida Support" and which contains caprilyc acid, pau d'arco, oregano oil and some other ingredients. That's all, I do not take anything else.

Updates (regularly edited) :

I am on the second day now. I have a big desire for sugar. My whole body shouts to me "Sugar, sugar, sugar!" but I resist. I am also tired and have uncomfortable sensations. It seems that it is quite normal, and that it will go much better the 3rd or 4th day when my body will be accustomed to this ZeroCarb/Keto Diet.

Feel free to ask any question or have any suggestion !

3rd day:
    I feel really tired. My body is not yet accustomed and I still have a BIG craving for sugar.
    This morning at work, it was very hard. I felt small nausea and headaches.

However, the bloating completely disappeared almost dice the first day. But I eat very little. I do not have an appetite for meat, I want sugar!
    So, I will continue at least until the end of the week. If I really do not feel better Sunday, I think I'll stop.

By the way, I lost weight. I was already pretty thin, now I'm almost skinny. I hope my appetite will rise and I can eat more.

4th day:
    Good news. Fatigue is gone, I think my body has gone into ketogenic metabolism.

I added oregano oil capsules to my supplement routine. I want to accelerate the eradication of sibo.
    I always eat little, the meat does not attract me, every bite my body says "no thank you". So it's almost a fast that I do, I consume very few calories.

I think slowly reintroduce other foods, tomorrow or the day after, while continuing the supplements (Candida Support, Oregano Oil, Betaine HCL with each meal).
    I also ordered Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. On different posts, some said they improve their rosacea with these capsules. In addition, it will increase gastric acidity, like betaine.

In any case, I no longer have bloating. It feels good, especially when we used to have balloons after each meal. But I do not know if this will continue when I reintroduce fibrous, vegetal and carbohydrate foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    4th day:
    Good news. Fatigue is gone, I think my body has gone into ketogenic metabolism.

I added oregano oil capsules to my supplement routine. I want to accelerate the eradication of sibo.
    I always eat little, the meat does not attract me, every bite my body says "no thank you". So it's almost a fast that I do, I consume very few calories.

I think slowly reintroduce other foods, tomorrow or the day after, while continuing the supplements (Candida Support, Oregano Oil, Betaine HCL with each meal).
    I also ordered Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. On different posts, some said they improve their rosacea with these capsules. In addition, it will increase gastric acidity, like betaine.

In any case, I no longer have bloating. It feels good, especially when we used to have balloons after each meal. But I do not know if this will continue when I reintroduce fibrous, vegetal and carbohydrate foods.
    Vitamins and supplements – Daily – same as Dr Oz
    Multi Vit – Holland and Barratt
    Fish oil – 1000 mcg – Omega 3 – Holland and Barratt

Vitamin D3 – 1000IU
    Turmeric with black pepper
    Apple cider vinegar shot

Probiotics 10 – 50 billion – acid resistance – stomach acid – take at night
    Antibiotics – reduce good gut bacteria – Dr Travis Stork
    I use Onken fat free live culture yoghurt within 30 mins of exercise – benefits gut and muscles

Rosacea diet – reduce inflammation
    Trout/Salmon/Tuna
    Broccoli rice/Kale/Sweet potato/Citrus fruit (Eric Berg/Josh Axe recipe ideas)
    Berries

Garlic – anti fungal and thins blood – reduces blood pressure

Avoid – alcohol/coffee/tea/fried food/chocolate/dairy/cheese

Try being gluten free – replace flour with black / butterbeans

Dairy free – Eric Berg’s kale smoothie has calcium

Food intolerance – lamb and pears diet

To reduce flushing try 75mcg Aspirin/Garlic/cold water drinking/Aloe vera gel

You should add some healthy fat and fibers to your diet, only meat is not a good idea! Check for a ketogenic diet, I'm having incredibly good results after only a month

Quote Originally Posted by ark38 View Post
    You should add some healthy fat and fibers to your diet, only meat is not a good idea! Check for a ketogenic diet, I'm having incredibly good results after only a month
    What are your symptoms? I have, mostly, subtype 1 with burning cheeks and permanent redness... Thinking about giving Keto diet a try!

I was doing Carnivore diet for 6 weeks. I have lost about 6 kilos during that time and I wasn't on it for a weight loss. It happened as a side effect. I ate a far bit , I wasn't hungry during that time, was eating 4 times a day. I was 76kg and drop to 70kg. So watch out with this stuff ;]

Quote Originally Posted by 3jun View Post
    What are your symptoms? I have, mostly, subtype 1 with burning cheeks and permanent redness... Thinking about giving Keto diet a try!
    I have papulo pustular rosacea with blepharitis since almost 10 years, tried pretty much everything but after a while the rosacea came back. Now I'm in the third month of a keto diet and progresso goes on. Give it a try, could be the answer

Keep us updated,wish you all the best mate

Homemade kefir is great for gut health.