Thread: Just bought LED mask, which light to use??

Default Just bought LED mask, which light to use??

Hi everyone! I just bought a LED mask, havenīt started using it yet as Iīm waiting for it to arrive, however Iīm a bit confused about which light to actually use. I donīt have acne, "only" facial redness, flushes, broken caps. I know I canīt get rid of broken cap with LED but at least calm my face down is what Iīm hoping for. Some sites say to use red light, others yellow, others green and purple... So anyone with experience from using LED mask, what would be good for me to start with? Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AstridOh View Post
    Hi everyone! I just bought a LED mask, havenīt started using it yet as Iīm waiting for it to arrive, however Iīm a bit confused about which light to actually use. I donīt have acne, "only" facial redness, flushes, broken caps. I know I canīt get rid of broken cap with LED but at least calm my face down is what Iīm hoping for. Some sites say to use red light, others yellow, others green and purple... So anyone with experience from using LED mask, what would be good for me to start with? Thank you in advance!
    The red light should be 630 nm. Start with that.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Default Led

Quote Originally Posted by AstridOh View Post
    We have owned 3 different LED machines, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green. The two most viable are red and blue. Most systems out there will do very little to really help whatever you are treating. The reason is the power. Light therapies have power ratings. It is called Jewels as a measurement. If you ask the seller how many jewels does it produce many side step this because their systems produce very little. A typical treatment requires 60 to 80 jewels. If you have a system that produces 8 jewels per minute it would require 100 minute treatment. Our systems are medical grade and cost between $8000 to $25000. Blue LED is the correct system for acne, red is anti-inflammatory.

For the last few days I've been using the green light. I think this might actually be helping to clear up the redness on my face, which is more PIE than it is rosacea. I don't flush or blush nearly as much as I once did, and much of it is to do with diet and skincare routine, as well as meditation and relaxtion techniques.

After I used Mirvaso in 2017 (it was prescribed to me and I now know it was a HUGE mistake) I developed post inflammatory erythema, which is the kind of redness you get after you've had acne. And I know this first-hand as I've had acne on my forehead for about two years (a side effect of SSRIs, I believe).

So, I'm wanting to use a colour of light which does not worsen the redness already on my face. Dr Nase, who used to post on this forum, argued strongly that people with red faces should not use red light, because it stimulates blood vessels and promotes angiogenesis.

There may be some truth to this, although red LED is the one that is always touted. Green is less observed, but it may be the one for me. At the very least, the grren light is relaxing, and I think there may be mental health benefits to having the green light setting on my face for 60 minutes every day. So far, it's not making things any worse, but I THINK, I see more of my normal, pale white skin tone emerging among the redness, which I have to say, is not quite as angry looking as it has looked since 2017.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.