Thread: Any link between rosacea and wisdom teeth

Default Any link between rosacea and wisdom teeth

My wisdom teeth really look awful, they look almost black. I have seen a member of this forum who gave a very convincing account of how he's rosacea was linked to a loose tooth that he had which turned out to be rotten under the tooth. He removed the tooth and the rosacea went away. i feel like my gums are swollen near my bottom wisdom teeth aswell.

I am wondering has anyone ever removed their wisdom teeth and experienced an improvement in their rosacea ?

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    My wisdom teeth really look awful, they look almost black. I have seen a member of this forum who gave a very convincing account of how he's rosacea was linked to a loose tooth that he had which turned out to be rotten under the tooth. He removed the tooth and the rosacea went away. i feel like my gums are swollen near my bottom wisdom teeth aswell.

I am wondering has anyone ever removed their wisdom teeth and experienced an improvement in their rosacea ?
    They way you describe it I would have them removed regardless. If they are decaying your body will be reacting to them all the time. What does the dentist think

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think I exaggerated a bit , they are more of a grey colour, than black, I made them sound worse than they are. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had ever had them removed and seen an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    I think I exaggerated a bit , they are more of a grey colour, than black, I made them sound worse than they are. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had ever had them removed and seen an improvement.
    There is a post on here somewhere where someone with full face Rosacea went in to complete remission when they resolved dental issues. Pretty sure it was this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    There is a post on here somewhere where someone with full face Rosacea went in to complete remission when they resolved dental issues. Pretty sure it was this forum.

Hi

I've spoken to my dentist in Birmingham UK about teeth and she has stated there is no evidence to suggest there is a link
    between teeth and skin condition. If you have gum disease it can indicate potential problems of heart disease, stroke
    and diabetes.

If you look at my diet post and follow that it would help improve the condition of your teeth. You should use an electric toothbrush
    or try curaprox.

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    Hi

I've spoken to my dentist in Birmingham UK about teeth and she has stated there is no evidence to suggest there is a link
    between teeth and skin condition. If you have gum disease it can indicate potential problems of heart disease, stroke
    and diabetes.

If you look at my diet post and follow that it would help improve the condition of your teeth. You should use an electric toothbrush
    or try curaprox.
    Not sure why you have quoted me, nor why you have gone on to offer dental advice to me?

The fact remains there is a post referring to complete remission of Rosacea after having extensive dental work either on here or another forum. When on my laptop next I will try to find it. There has been some research that has found links as well.

Try asking any Dr or consultant what causes Rosacea and all you will get is an opinion. That opinion will likely differ from one Dr or consultant to the next.

Last edited by Andrew P; 19th March 2019 at 11:46 AM.

I have seen the story of the guy who had rosacea and cured it by extracting his tooth, I believe it was granulomatous rosacea. That story is why I made thread, to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I have had rosacea since close to the time I got wisdom teeth, so I wonder if there is any relation.

I have wondered the same thing before. I had an impacted wisdom tooth that led to an infection in my jaw. While those problems were going on my rosacea went through the roof, it was permanently flared. I had my wisdom teeth removed and further work on my jaw to remove the infection. At the end of it my skin greatly improved. I donít think the wisdom teeth and infection were the cause of my rosacea (I still have a very mild case) but they definitely aggravated it and resolving it led to a huge change in symptoms.

I always theorised it was the increased levels of inflammation and infection in my body which triggered and aggravated the existing rosacea.

There are a couple of reported cases of rosacea or rosacea like conditions improving after resolving dental issues, pasted below:

Butterfly rash with periodontitis
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3532807/

An unusual case of a relationship between rosacea and dental foci.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10625849/