Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Horse Paste for Rosacea?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Tom, can you help make a comparison of Soolantra with the Durvet Ivermectin 1.87% paste and point out the differences?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  2. #12
    Senior Member Tom Busby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    The biggest problem with horse paste is that no one knows what the other 98.13% of the ingredients are.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    The biggest problem with horse paste is that no one knows what the other 98.13% of the ingredients are.
    Thanks Tom. That is really a valid point. Eventually in the long term, we will hear if there are any long term risks of using an oral horse paste topically on humans. So horse paste isn't required to list the ingredients? You would think that somewhere it would be listed on the internet.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5th March 2019 at 07:29 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  4. #14
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    The biggest problem with horse paste is that no one knows what the other 98.13% of the ingredients are.
    Tom,
    Just found out the inactive ingredients on one brand of horse paste:

    As mentioned earlier in this thread, one of the issues with using an oral horse paste TOPICALLY for rosacea sufferers is usually there is no inactive ingredient list to see what is actually in the paste or gel. However, one poster at Reddit found the list for one of the products, Eqvalan, which is listed for your convenience below:


    Eqvalan Oral Paste for Horses Ingredients:
    Ivermectin: 1.87% w/w.
    Titanium Dioxide (E171) 2.0% w/w.
    Hyprolose
    Hydrogenated Castor Oil
    Propylene Glycol

    For more information read the third post in this thread.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  5. #15
    Senior Member Tom Busby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    These ingredients would do no harm. I was surprised to see 2% titanium dioxide, which is a white powder used in sunscreens -- I guess it's used as a colorant so you can see that the horse doesn't spit it out. For topical use, this would be a slightly ghostly white paste that some people would object to.

    Here's another link: https://www.statelinetack.com/Conten...qvalanMSDS.pdf

  6. #16
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    These ingredients would do no harm. I was surprised to see 2% titanium dioxide, which is a white powder used in sunscreens -- I guess it's used as a colorant so you can see that the horse doesn't spit it out. For topical use, this would be a slightly ghostly white paste that some people would object to.

    Here's another link: https://www.statelinetack.com/Conten...qvalanMSDS.pdf
    Thanks. Good find on the MDS. Wonder why it is so difficult to find these items with the other horse paste brands. You would think that they would be required to do the same as Eqvalan.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  7. #17
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default Inactive Ingredients in two brands of horse paste

    So far we have found two brands of horse paste that list the inactive ingredients:

    AGRI-MECTIN (ivermectin) Paste 1.87% Inactive Ingredients
    The MSDS sheet for AGRI-MECTIN (ivermectin) Paste 1.87% are the following:
    Corn Oil, Polysorbate 80, Apple Flavor, and Aerosil.

    Eqvalan Oral Paste for Horses Ingredients:
    MSDS Sheet
    Ivermectin: 1.87% w/w.
    Titanium Dioxide (E171) 2.0% w/w.
    Hyprolose
    Hydrogenated Castor Oil
    Propylene Glycol

    Some of the other brands do not list their inactive ingredients and are a mystery, like the Durvet Ivermectin 1.87%.

    Source
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    So far we have found two brands of horse paste that list the inactive ingredients:

    AGRI-MECTIN (ivermectin) Paste 1.87% Inactive Ingredients
    The MSDS sheet for AGRI-MECTIN (ivermectin) Paste 1.87% are the following:
    Corn Oil, Polysorbate 80, Apple Flavor, and Aerosil.

    Eqvalan Oral Paste for Horses Ingredients:
    MSDS Sheet
    Ivermectin: 1.87% w/w.
    Titanium Dioxide (E171) 2.0% w/w.
    Hyprolose
    Hydrogenated Castor Oil
    Propylene Glycol

    Some of the other brands do not list their inactive ingredients and are a mystery, like the Durvet Ivermectin 1.87%.

    Source
    I really appreciate that Eqvalan has no apple flavor! Better for facial application without flavoring.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Thanks. Good find on the MDS. Wonder why it is so difficult to find these items with the other horse paste brands. You would think that they would be required to do the same as Eqvalan.
    why You would think that they would be required to do the same as Eqvalan?


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

    Gifts for horse lovers
    https://horses-store.com/
    Horse Rings exclusive horses store collection of ring gift ideas for horse lovers and enthusiasts
    https://horses-store.com/collections/rings

  10. #20
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanka View Post
    why You would think that they would be required to do the same as Eqvalan?
    This is just a wish. Obviously these other horse paste brands are not required to disclose the inactive ingredients. Eqvalan is disclosing its list of inactive ingredients without any requirement to do so. Wouldn't it be helpful if the other horse paste brands did the same? But then horses can't read so it doesn't matter to horses. And horse owners probably just trust that the inactive ingredients are ok for their horses. Human medicine requires listing all the ingredients.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone interested in ivermectin pour on + paste?
    By atlas222 in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th November 2017, 10:44 AM
  2. Ivermectin 1.87% Horse Paste
    By canucks in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 3rd April 2016, 11:43 PM
  3. Has Anybody Tried Bimectin Paste?
    By in_hollywood in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th January 2016, 04:41 PM
  4. Horse Chestnut
    By TheMediumDog in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th February 2008, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •