Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar - Experiment for flushing

Default Apple Cider Vinegar - Experiment for flushing

Hi all

I have seen a few topics on here on the benefits of apple cider vinegar for rosacea flushing, so I thought it would be fun to do an experiment with ACV and regularly update the thread with my findings, as I find these types of threads more helpful than when someone comes on and declares themselves 'cured'.

I have baseline redness and some P&Ps (which are mainly under control), but this experiment will be focussed on the effects of ACV on my flushing. I typically flush every day, usually after food (so either lunch or dinner, sometimes both) and sometimes when lying down. Due to the relationship between eating and my flushing, I have long suspected there is a gut connection. I would rate my flushes at a 6/10 at the moment.

I'll be taking 1440 mg of ACV (tablets) x 2 per day. I won't change anything else about my usual routines and will report back each week.

Hopefully this is helpful for some others !

Default Acv tablets

Why TABLETS? Why not vinegar in liquid form?

Hi there!

I chose tablets for two reasons: 1) There is some risk that you can damage your teeth by drinking the vinegar regularly; and 2) From my research, people have had positive results from both vinegar and/or tablets, so I thought I would try the tablets to save my teeth

Ok, so I wanted to report back. I have been taking the ACV tablets for 14 days now.

Results

The first 7 - 10 days that I was taking the ACV tablets I actually had a significant improvement in my symptoms. There were five days that I did not flush (coming from flushing every day) and the flushes that I did have were what I called 'minor' flushes. During this time, I also saw a reduction in baseline redness and swelling and pore size in my nose (I assume as a consequence of reducing frequency and severity of flushing).

However, after 10 days I saw a decline in my symptoms. The flushing started to creep back in (both in frequency and severity) and consequently I saw a normalisation of my baseline redness and nasal swelling and pore size. In addition, I have actually started to break out with P&Ps during the last three days! This was very surprising to me, as I have had my P&Ps under control for the last 6 months and have not changed my topical regime!

As a result of the outbreak of P&Ps, I have stopped taking the ACV tablets. I am not sure if this was some type of 'purging' situation or just a reaction, but my P&Ps took me forever to bring under control and I don't want to tempt the rosacea gods.

Takeaways

This has been an interesting experiment, with three key takeaways:

1) ACV was not the cure-all for me that it has been for some people.

2) ACV is worth trying for those that are curious. It seems like a pretty mild supplement to take, compared with antibiotics and it actually does seem to have an effect.

3) If taking some ACV can have such an impact (both positive and negative) on my skin, I am more convinced than ever that my rosacea is strongly linked with my gut.

Hope this helps a few people

Dutch, do you have any links that report taking ACV reduces flushing? Just curious how you came to that conclusion to try this experiment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hi Brady

No, no links to any credible research on the connection I'm afraid. I was just going from anecdotal reports from these forums and elsewhere on the internet that I have read over the years.

A couple that I read from these forums:

1. https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...-Cider-Vinegar

2. https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...-Cider-Vinegar