Thread: Klereska for Rosacea

Default Klereska for Rosacea

Anyone heard of this relatively new photo facial treatment?

It’s a florescent light-therapy apparently used mostly for Acne / facial ‘rejuvenation’, now also offered for Rosacea. The case reports in this link show some before / after photos…

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6293188/

There’s quite a bit of literature / data on pubmed on this technology, some of which I read last year but can’t remember the exact mechanism of action - there were some reference links provided on the companies official site.

Curious to know peoples impressions?
    Last edited by Brooks; 25th January 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Interesting. Looks like a promising new treatment. Hopefully we can hear from some people that have tried it.

I also liked reading this on the Kleresca website:

Side effects seen in those treated include, redness, hyperpigmentation (bronzing of an area of the skin) and slight discoloration of hair in some cases where the gel was applied covering facial hair. All side effects were transient and did not require any intervention by the clinic.
    Looks like it has a far lower risk profile than laser treatments.

On the downside, from a quick search it looks like it is only available in the UK at the moment.

They got Australian and Canadian approval

https://www.medicaldesignandoutsourc...adian-markets/

From a quick search, it looks like there's already a clinic in Victoria offering it

The RRDi posted about this here in a thread about fluorescent lights and also on December 20, 2018 under 'other light devices.' I found one anecdotal report at Reddit about this treatment posted by Camo645 who is being treated at their clinic in Australia. Will have to wait to get more anecdotal reports.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    From a quick search, it looks like there's already a clinic in Victoria offering it

Great!

The more I read about this treatment the better it sounds - although a course appears to be quite expensive, ranging from $1,000 - $2,000. Unfortunately, there are very few anecdotal stories about its treatment of rosacea (as opposed to acne).

I have emailed my dermatologist about it and asked her opinion on it. I will post her response.

For those interested, this is the response I received from my dermatologist when I asked her if she was aware of this treatment and whether it might be worth looking into in my case. I also sent her a copy of this study (https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ypes_1_2_and_3), which is the study that she refers to in her response:

The Kleresca treatment is relatively new for rosacea and I feel relatively untrialled. The study you attached showed responses immediately after the treatment but did not report any long term benefit. They were also only testing it on patients that had used only minimal topical measures to date i.e. not comparing to more recognised treatments such as PDL laser (pulsed dyed laser) and the antibiotics that you have had. I do not feel that there is any proven benefit from Kleresca to date but there is unlikely to be any concerns with trialling the treatment should you wish.