Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something is going on on my skin :(

Doxycycline will control your P&Ps, but will leave you red. Is there a reason you're still using antibiotics? Have you bought some ZZ Cream (first choice) or Soolantra yet? Please do so if you haven't.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

hi.
    no, not yet. soolantra we do not have over here (hi, from EU )

thing is, i was never really all that red before, my main problem were the p&ps. i never even blush, i don't get embarrased easily, either. now it just seems as soon as the food touches my mouth BAM, i go red all over. every little thing that i do, from laugh, cry, even simple things like putting in my contacts in the morning, seems to make my skin angry and makes me flush for a few seconds. the worst is when i get anxious. so i am seriously thinking on going back to my anxiety meds for a while, to calm my anxiety. i have been under a ****ton of stress lately, which i think triggered this whole rosacea thing last year. i guess i'm not completely over what happened last year. I have been taking some monts off to relax and chill, but nothing seems to help much :/

i emailed my derm asking her if it is possible this all has been triggered by doxy. I know my body doesnt tolerate meds all that well, but this reaction is seriously horrible. i also wanted to ask her if it's ok to just stop taking doxy. I also wanted to get tested for allergies, but two allergist basically told me these aren't allergies, that my skin is just in an overload of sensitive. SO frustrating! i haven't been out of the house for 2 months now, i miss my friends, miss the sun, i miss the freash air ffs!

the bumps are now under control, i have stopped with the antibiotics today, hoping my skin wont get even worse now. it's only been about a month on doxy so i really hope there wont be any horrible flare ups now that i stopped. I knew i shouldn't have started taking them but i was in such a bad place and decided to trust my derm (what do i know, im no doctor right? ) now i know to only listen to myself and my body as we are usually very much in sync (whoa, i sound like a ****ing hippie. ) ) i will keep my skin care to a minimum now, i just wish i knew what triggers my nose flush in the evenings. the only two things i am doing differently is eating avocado for breakfast and i only took doxy in the mornings. thats is. actually, avocado is the only new thing in the past year since all this started. am now off avos as well. i love it, but i would love to have my normal skin back.
    decided to clean my gut a little bit, i know i am lactose intolerant, no milk no dairy no sugar as of recently, i eat mostly vegan food, so one would think that would be enough.. i got some digestive enzymes, Bcomplex and probiotisc so i hope things in the gut get better too.
    Last edited by Slaybelle37; 26th February 2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaybelle37 View Post
    hi.
    no, not yet. soolantra we do not have over here (hi, from EU )

thing is, i was never really all that red before, my main problem were the p&ps. i never even blush, i don't get embarrased easily, either. now it just seems as soon as the food touches my mouth BAM, i go red all over. every little thing that i do, from laugh, cry, even simple things like putting in my contacts in the morning, seems to make my skin angry and makes me flush for a few seconds. the worst is when i get anxious. so i am seriously thinking on going back to my anxiety meds for a while, to calm my anxiety. i have been under a ****ton of stress lately, which i think triggered this whole rosacea thing last year. i guess i'm not completely over what happened last year. I have been taking some monts off to relax and chill, but nothing seems to help much :/

i emailed my derm asking her if it is possible this all has been triggered by doxy. I know my body doesnt tolerate meds all that well, but this reaction is seriously horrible. i also wanted to ask her if it's ok to just stop taking doxy. I also wanted to get tested for allergies, but two allergist basically told me these aren't allergies, that my skin is just in an overload of sensitive. SO frustrating! i haven't been out of the house for 2 months now, i miss my friends, miss the sun, i miss the freash air ffs!

the bumps are now under control, i have stopped with the antibiotics today, hoping my skin wont get even worse now. it's only been about a month on doxy so i really hope there wont be any horrible flare ups now that i stopped. I knew i shouldn't have started taking them but i was in such a bad place and decided to trust my derm (what do i know, im no doctor right? ) now i know to only listen to myself and my body as we are usually very much in sync (whoa, i sound like a ****ing hippie. ) ) i will keep my skin care to a minimum now, i just wish i knew what triggers my nose flush in the evenings. the only two things i am doing differently is eating avocado for breakfast and i only took doxy in the mornings. thats is. actually, avocado is the only new thing in the past year since all this started. am now off avos as well. i love it, but i would love to have my normal skin back.
    decided to clean my gut a little bit, i know i am lactose intolerant, no milk no dairy no sugar as of recently, i eat mostly vegan food, so one would think that would be enough.. i got some digestive enzymes, Bcomplex and probiotisc so i hope things in the gut get better too.
    We also don't get Soolantra here in South Africa, but thankfully I can import ZZ Cream from Hong Kong.

Your symptoms are very similar to what mine were. I was convinced food was my Rosacea trigger, before finding out about Demodex Mites. What was happening is that carbs/sweet food was causing me to flare (not instantly), which was more than likely due to increased sebum/oil production feeding the mites.

Your P&Ps will come back after stopping Doxy, if Demodex Mites are the cause of your issue (which they appear to be). I would order some ZZ Cream before stopping your Doxy, because as mentioned, you'll more than likely break out in P&Ps soon.

Please read my thread - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics).
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    We also don't get Soolantra here in South Africa, but thankfully I can import ZZ Cream from Hong Kong.

Your symptoms are very similar to what mine were. I was convinced food was my Rosacea trigger, before finding out about Demodex Mites. What was happening is that carbs/sweet food was causing me to flare (not instantly), which was more than likely due to increased sebum/oil production feeding the mites.

Your P&Ps will come back after stopping Doxy, if Demodex Mites are the cause of your issue (which they appear to be). I would order some ZZ Cream before stopping your Doxy, because as mentioned, you'll more than likely break out in P&Ps soon.

Please read my thread - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics).

Redrecluse, would you mind clarifying if your issues were purely from demodex or also seb derm?

Thanks😊

Quote Originally Posted by aussiechick84 View Post
    Redrecluse, would you mind clarifying if your issues were purely from demodex or also seb derm?

Thanks😊
    Both.

What should I do if I just have seb derm/mild rosacea without P&Ps? I think my seb derm is exacerbating my rosacea (which I think I have), and if I can get seb derm under control my rosacea won't act up as much.

Considering diflucan and Lotrimin Ultra - already using OTC Ketoconazole (Nizoral) fairly regularly as a face lather wash. Got seb derm initially in April 2015 when it was just around my nose creases. In July 2015 I had bad flushing for a few days, and now my cheeks and nose are this baseline pinkish color that can get more red with embarrassment, heat, etc. Alcohol, spicy foods, and hot food temperature wise don't seem to bother me too much if at all. Is it possible a seb derm reaction could have caused the initial flushing bout I really haven't experienced since? Inside of my ears will have seb derm too, and also my glabella area.
    Last edited by aafdup; 1st March 2019 at 09:10 PM.