Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing hope to find a good moisturizer. Help plz

Default Losing hope to find a good moisturizer. Help plz

Hello guys. I post here because u r the only people who can undertsand my feeling of despair and losing hope.
    15 years into this rosacea and im still struggling, my main problem with rosacea is the dry flaky skin i cant bear it anymore especially the worst area is around my mouth, so whenever i talk, smile or eat, my face goes red and this area becomes very very dry and flaky.
    Here are the things i have tried with no avail:
    1. Change the toothpaste to non floride.
    2. Moisturizer: all cetaphil products, dermalogica calm water gel, avene products, bioderma products, uriage products, keils oil free water cream, vichy products.
    3. All kind of oils: almond oil, lavender oil, jojaba oil, coconut oil and tea tree oil actually im allergic to anything that has oil either mineral or essential.
    All flares up my rosacea as i believe that i have mixed seborrheic dermatitis with rosacea.
    I feel so embarrassed with the dryness and flakiness the most.
    I have concived myself that i will live with rosacea for the rest of my life and im fine with it, but the dryness and flaky skin is the thing that i cant tolerate at all.
    What do u think i should do?
    Im currently using rosex gel for years and it helps alot with rosacea flare ups and my neutrogena sun block, but neither helps with the dryness and flakiness
    Maybe im allergic to the glycerin in the lotions or creams?
    Plz help me, my life is ending

Hi

Have you had skin patch testing, itís worth doing.

I find that I need to remove the flakes with a flannel, I use simple make up remover and then some vanicream. Sunscreen meh...havenít found one yet that doesnít irritate, but I have found a foundation/cc cream that has spf 50 and it hides the redness.

Dr Sam bunting has a range called flawless cleanser and moisturiser, very basic, it seems to be getting some good hype.

Personally I believe the right skincare routine is crucial in repairing our skin barrier, therefore reducing our Rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    Hi

Have you had skin patch testing, itís worth doing.

I find that I need to remove the flakes with a flannel, I use simple make up remover and then some vanicream. Sunscreen meh...havenít found one yet that doesnít irritate, but I have found a foundation/cc cream that has spf 50 and it hides the redness.

Dr Sam bunting has a range called flawless cleanser and moisturiser, very basic, it seems to be getting some good hype.

Personally I believe the right skincare routine is crucial in repairing our skin barrier, therefore reducing our Rosacea.
    Thank you for ur reply.
    I didnt do skin patch test because its difficult to be done in the place i live in. Thats my problem
    I tried vanicream and it irritates me a lot
    I will check flawless moisturizer by dr sam and see if it can be delivered to my country.
    I agree restoring skin barrier is very important, and it cant be done without a good moisturizer and im really dying for one
    Thanks again

Have you tried Aveeno (not Avene) Daily Moisturizing Lotion? It's a body moisturizer but it works well for me as a face moisturizer. It's occlusive so it might be bad for you if you're prone to pimples/spots, but it's one of the few moisturizers I've found to be effective and completely non-irritating. The others keep getting reformulated or discontinued.

I'm not sure if it's available where you live but I've bought it in the UK and US.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    Have you tried Aveeno (not Avene) Daily Moisturizing Lotion? It's a body moisturizer but it works well for me as a face moisturizer. It's occlusive so it might be bad for you if you're prone to pimples/spots, but it's one of the few moisturizers I've found to be effective and completely non-irritating. The others keep getting reformulated or discontinued.

I'm not sure if it's available where you live but I've bought it in the UK and US.

Thanks a lot for ur reply. I didnt mention that i have tried some range of aveeno products, i react badly because im quite sure that im allergic to pertolatum.
    The only skin protectant that im not allergic to is dimethicone as its found in my sunblock that i use for years

Im a hopeless case dont know what to do 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Miaa View Post
    Hello guys. I post here because u r the only people who can undertsand my feeling of despair and losing hope.
    15 years into this rosacea and im still struggling, my main problem with rosacea is the dry flaky skin i cant bear it anymore especially the worst area is around my mouth, so whenever i talk, smile or eat, my face goes red and this area becomes very very dry and flaky.
    Here are the things i have tried with no avail:
    1. Change the toothpaste to non floride.
    2. Moisturizer: all cetaphil products, dermalogica calm water gel, avene products, bioderma products, uriage products, keils oil free water cream, vichy products.
    3. All kind of oils: almond oil, lavender oil, jojaba oil, coconut oil and tea tree oil actually im allergic to anything that has oil either mineral or essential.
    All flares up my rosacea as i believe that i have mixed seborrheic dermatitis with rosacea.
    I feel so embarrassed with the dryness and flakiness the most.
    I have concived myself that i will live with rosacea for the rest of my life and im fine with it, but the dryness and flaky skin is the thing that i cant tolerate at all.
    What do u think i should do?
    Im currently using rosex gel for years and it helps alot with rosacea flare ups and my neutrogena sun block, but neither helps with the dryness and flakiness
    Maybe im allergic to the glycerin in the lotions or creams?
    Plz help me, my life is ending
    eucerin with 5 % urea will help with dry flaking skin , or try the 10 % if thats not strong enough - the urea in these works wonders !
    ive used it for years and all the flaking and dryness has gone and never returned , just flushing to work out for me now

Mia:

Did you try Avene tolerance extreme emulsion or the XeraCalm balm? My skin is hypersensitive and these products have helped me with drynwss.

Also I have been experimenting with Epionce Medical Barrier cream and Epionce renewal facial cream which have been a surprise benefit to my poor skin as well

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sg321 View Post
    Mia:

Did you try Avene tolerance extreme emulsion or the XeraCalm balm? My skin is hypersensitive and these products have helped me with drynwss.

Also I have been experimenting with Epionce Medical Barrier cream and Epionce renewal facial cream which have been a surprise benefit to my poor skin as well

Good luck.

Thanks alot for ur reply. Unfortunately I have checked all the moisturizers u have stated above and they have ingredients that im pretty sure allergic to it
    Like shea butter, oils and petroleum
    I have been looking for a moisturizer that doesnt contain these ingredients 😪

Default Paula's Choice

Hi! I would recommend you to try Paula's Choice moisturizer in the 'Calm' series. They come with both spf and without depending on what you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by AstridOh View Post
    Hi! I would recommend you to try Paula's Choice moisturizer in the 'Calm' series. They come with both spf and without depending on what you're after.
    I would second this one. I use it and mix in a serum cream called Ďpower of threeí. Itís serum high in antioxidants like green tea.

Used together they keep my skin moisturised and also keeps it calm and the redness away.