Thread: blisters after vbeam? do they leave scars?

Default blisters after vbeam? do they leave scars?

Hello, first at all sorry for my bad english but it's not my first language. I've had my first vbeam treatment last week and I'm very worried. It was performed by a dermatologist and all I know about the settings is that she used 7 joules (I don't know the rest of the settings). Also I supposed She used purpuric settings since I have purpura on my face. I don't really understand a lot about the settings so It would be very helpful if someone could explain me a little about it (I wonder what are the most gentle settings but that still give you purpura). I'm going to try to explain my situation the best I can..
    1- I have rosacea most on my cheeks and a little bit on my nose.
    2- She did the treatment in all my face (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, all) I asked her to do it on all my face. She used the same settings all over the face and only one pass per area (I'm sure of that).
    3-After the treatment I had purpura all over my face (more "spots" on my cheeks, a few on my chin, like 10 on the forehead, and 5 on my nose). The purpura was worst were my rosacea was worst.
    4.The vbeam that she used wasn't the "perfecta" with the cooling device, it was another vbeam from syneron candela that didn't have that.
    5. I don't have blisters all over my face, I only have them where my rosacea was THE worst (I have rosacea all over the sides of my face but there are parts of my cheeks that are redder than others, there is where the blisters are).
    6.Right side of my face: I have 51 "pupura spots". I have one big blister that appeared a few hours after the treatment, since I wasn't expecting to have blisters (and I didn't even knew It was there) when I tied my hair I accidentally touched it and It exploded (It was like almost one inch big) When it explode it leave exposed skin but no blood. Also, on this side I have 3 small ones with transparent liquid inside them that didn't explode and now my skin "absorbed" the liquid since nothing came out of them and now they are dry and with like a "crust".
    7.Left side of my face: I have 54 "purpura spots". I have one big blister that appeared the next they after the treatment (big, with transparent liquid, almost one inch size), this one broke a little bit on the side so most of the liquid was gone (when it broke it didn't leave exposed skin, like it happend with the other big blister on my right side). It kind of close up by itself and now there is not liquid inside it and it's like a "crust". Also i have 3 smalls ones that had liquid but now they are dry too.
    8.All the blisters formed on top of "purpura spots" (the big ones where on top of three spots, the small ones on top of one "purpura spot" each).
    I've been very carefull since I don't want to have scars. The blisters are not infected, they weren`t painfull at all. I've been disinfecting the area, keeping it very clean, not wearing make up. My worst fear is that the blisters are going to leave scars (I'm not talking about red or brown spots, I mean deep scars with texture (like holes but not that deep) that you can see them even with makeup on.
    Has anyone experienced blisters with vbeam? Did they leave you scars? I would really help if I can hear similar situations and how they turned out, so I am prepared what to expect.
    Also has anyone experienced scars after vbeam even without blisters? scars like holes or deep ones? Thanks a lot!!

I have collected a number of negative anecdotal reports of laser here, and stopped since it is a task not repeating. There are plenty of negative reports in RF, just use the search box top right corner (type in vbeam). If laser or other PDT devices worked for everyone, there would be no need to have this forum, since what works for one rosacea sufferer doesn't alway work for another. Some Rosaceans report that PDT devices are just wonderful, however, the number of negative reports like yours keep RF activity going.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by aesmars29 View Post
    Hello, first at all sorry for my bad english but it's not my first language. I've had my first vbeam treatment last week and I'm very worried. It was performed by a dermatologist and all I know about the settings is that she used 7 joules (I don't know the rest of the settings). Also I supposed She used purpuric settings since I have purpura on my face. I don't really understand a lot about the settings so It would be very helpful if someone could explain me a little about it (I wonder what are the most gentle settings but that still give you purpura). I'm going to try to explain my situation the best I can..
    1- I have rosacea most on my cheeks and a little bit on my nose.
    2- She did the treatment in all my face (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, all) I asked her to do it on all my face. She used the same settings all over the face and only one pass per area (I'm sure of that).
    3-After the treatment I had purpura all over my face (more "spots" on my cheeks, a few on my chin, like 10 on the forehead, and 5 on my nose). The purpura was worst were my rosacea was worst.
    4.The vbeam that she used wasn't the "perfecta" with the cooling device, it was another vbeam from syneron candela that didn't have that.
    5. I don't have blisters all over my face, I only have them where my rosacea was THE worst (I have rosacea all over the sides of my face but there are parts of my cheeks that are redder than others, there is where the blisters are).
    6.Right side of my face: I have 51 "pupura spots". I have one big blister that appeared a few hours after the treatment, since I wasn't expecting to have blisters (and I didn't even knew It was there) when I tied my hair I accidentally touched it and It exploded (It was like almost one inch big) When it explode it leave exposed skin but no blood. Also, on this side I have 3 small ones with transparent liquid inside them that didn't explode and now my skin "absorbed" the liquid since nothing came out of them and now they are dry and with like a "crust".
    7.Left side of my face: I have 54 "purpura spots". I have one big blister that appeared the next they after the treatment (big, with transparent liquid, almost one inch size), this one broke a little bit on the side so most of the liquid was gone (when it broke it didn't leave exposed skin, like it happend with the other big blister on my right side). It kind of close up by itself and now there is not liquid inside it and it's like a "crust". Also i have 3 smalls ones that had liquid but now they are dry too.
    8.All the blisters formed on top of "purpura spots" (the big ones where on top of three spots, the small ones on top of one "purpura spot" each).
    I've been very carefull since I don't want to have scars. The blisters are not infected, they weren`t painfull at all. I've been disinfecting the area, keeping it very clean, not wearing make up. My worst fear is that the blisters are going to leave scars (I'm not talking about red or brown spots, I mean deep scars with texture (like holes but not that deep) that you can see them even with makeup on.
    Has anyone experienced blisters with vbeam? Did they leave you scars? I would really help if I can hear similar situations and how they turned out, so I am prepared what to expect.
    Also has anyone experienced scars after vbeam even without blisters? scars like holes or deep ones? Thanks a lot!!
    First I want to say that you should NEVER get blisters from a treatment. This doctor has has no idea what they are doing. Yes I got scars from a treatment that left blisters. I also have patches where I lost pigment. You might get lucky. Continue what you are doing. Don't touch them or pick at the scabs. As soon as possible apply a scar treatment gel on them. I'm not sure where you're from but before you have another treatment do a lot of research before choosing a doctor. Use as many internet sites with patient reviews as you can. Patients are the best source.