Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Rosacea CURED with Acyclovir !!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    48
    Country: France

    Default

    thank you for sharing and I'm happy for you! (sorry if my english is bad)

    As Brady said, rosacea is a diagnosis used a little indiscriminately. You never know if the cause of rosacea is the same from one patient to another, or even if it is the same disease or not.

    Perhaps you could describe in more detail what symptoms you had. Thus people with the same symptoms may be able to consider Acyclovir as a cure.

    So, here are some questions I'd like you to answer, if you want:

    The redness:
    1. Did you have a lot of flushes? were they triggered by certain foods, fatigue, emotions?
    2. Or would you say that your rosacea was rather a permanent redness, without the sensations of hot flush?

    Pimples :
    1. The pimples were very numerous and, for you, it was the worst aspect in the disease?
    2. Or were flushes and rednesses more annoying?

    Other conditions:
    1. Did you have other symptoms other than skin? Digestive problems like bloating? or fatigue?
    2. Did you feel rosacea as a simple skin condition or did you feel it was a more general problem (associated with fatigue, low immunity, food intolerance ... etc)

    And feel free to give us other details that you consider important

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    101
    Country: England

    Default

    ive just done a weeks course of this - 200 mg 4 times a day and its done nothing for my flushing and redness ... in fact it made my flushing worse than ever ! my face was firing up a few times a day as opposed to the usual once so im sad to to say it didnt work for me

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    Country: Belgium

    Default

    Thank you very much!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    The redness:
    1. Did you have a lot of flushes? were they triggered by certain foods, fatigue, emotions?
    2. Or would you say that your rosacea was rather a permanent redness, without the sensations of hot flush?
    I dont think I ever had flushes. Instead I had a persistent low level redness on my face, that never really went away. I never had severe redness though. The only flushing I remember was after a 7 day fasting detox. On the first day of eating again, I used a Maggi soy condiment on my vegetable soup and my face was full of tiny red spots afterwards, making me look red in the face. I thought it was an allergic reaction, because the spots were not the same. Since my symptoms have always been connected to my gut reactions, it may also have been a rosacea flush. But my nose always had tiny red spots and they seemed different from the reaction to Maggi. I would say that the general redness was different from these spots too. So 3 separate effects, 2 persistent and 1 that happened only once.

    However, the redness was stronger and weaker depeding how I ate. Certain acidic foods agravate my symptoms a lot, so things like coffee, tea, strong medication like ibuprofen, vinegars, processed meats, chemical laden foods. Other foods considred acidic were fine. Stress was a big contributor too, so it was one of the first things I addressed when I decided to heal my rosacea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Pimples :
    1. The pimples were very numerous and, for you, it was the worst aspect in the disease?
    2. Or were flushes and rednesses more annoying?
    The pimples only appeared on my nose, together with the red spots. I didnt have many, but they were very visible. Hardened, flaky skin on my nose and sometimes on my forehead was also a thing. Due to this, I could not squeeze pores or pimples on my nose, only after considerable steaming. Interestingly, there was a 2cm by 1 cm area under my eye on the left cheek that would develop a crust (like you would on a wound, but no blood) when my symptoms flared.

    I didnt mind the slight overall redness, except for when I had blonde hair and it was photo time. The bumps and crusty cheek spot, flaky nose skin were more of a nuisance to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Other conditions:
    1. Did you have other symptoms other than skin? Digestive problems like bloating? or fatigue?
    2. Did you feel rosacea as a simple skin condition or did you feel it was a more general problem (associated with fatigue, low immunity, food intolerance ... etc)
    I have digestive problems and I used to eat a lot of acidic foods that were not good for me, but I loved them so I overate them. Now I have stopped most of them but permit a cheat here and there, when my stomach feels strongest. I react slightly always though. So I am working on getting rid of these remianing comfort food coping mechanisms as I believe that if I heal my gut and manage to strengthen my immune system, then at one point balance is restored and I can eat previously no-no foods moderately without any symptoms ever again. I have read other people achieving this. Anyway, the digestive issues did bring fatigue and bloating, emotional changes like anxiety and depressive moods. Usually it was all low key, but my eating habits and stress levels led to a gastritis outbreak and all of these became quite severe after that. This event also sparked my whole health quest.

    So to conclude, yes I think the rosacea is linked to a general un-wellbeing. I let go for years and rosacea and digestive issues have been the price. I am confident I can work my way out back to good health though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    And feel free to give us other details that you consider important
    I guess I can talk about how the symptoms began. Looking back, I realise the first signs of digestive issues were when I was a teenager. I used to get a single red spot on my nose that stayed for months. I thought it was a weird type of pimple. Then it would go away and come back, maybe 6 months later, maybe a year. I knew nothing of rosacea or the importance of eating well. My diet consisted of lots of processed snacks and sugar, sweets and cakes, frozen pizzas, ketchup and everything I consider yukk now haha.

    In my university days I had depression, huge fatigue and motivation problems, didnt get out of bed and procasinated a lot. The skin on my nose was now permanently hard, although no red spots except the occasional one. Yoga fixed that and it also brought a period of vegetarianism and I went on to have a good few years.

    Then I moved to China, where the pollution and food safety is terrible. I also got into ever bigger stress with my worklife. I didnt eat nutritionally balanced and managed to have only 2 meals a day, although the days of junk food were behind me. I managed to eat organic and often cook my own food. But the skin on my nose continued to be hard and I noticed my face is always reddish, even though I have a yellowish hue to the rest of my skin.

    Then I went on a backpacking trip to South America and got into many adventures, including some serious stomach bugs and diarhhea. I started to notice drinking coffee made me tired instead of energetic - first singns that my stomach was out of balance. When I came home and the sun tan wore off, I noticed the crusty scab on my cheek and that my skin was harder and I had red spots together with pustules. I had no idea what was going on and I didnt know what to do to fix it. But I believe these stomach illnesses are to blame. I dont know whether they agravated a previous condition, since I had hardened skin and a red spot here and there before going to South America. Or whether I got some virus from my travels that persistently stayed with me. One cause of gastritis is a parasite H.pylori. But I had a test and I do not have it. But something during this trip must have weakened me considerably to produce such a drastic skin change.

    I came back and, feeling fatigued, went for my first ever fasting detox. This cleared out all my skin problems, emotional problems, addictions to food and med, even fatigue and bad mood. It was amasing. But I moved back to China, the lifestyle and environmental stresses were back and one day I just had a gastritis episode. Terrible pain. Then everything went upside down again. I was depressed. Like I said above, this sparked my health quest.

    Fast forward another few years and I had made the link between my diet, my stress, my stomach and my skin. I optimised my lifestyle and diet and skincare. Clarins Day cream and Dr Hasuchka Rose day cream worked wonders. Even without the creams, my condition improved a good degree thanks to my lifestyle changes. I had a lot less red spots and bumps and the scab was almost unnoticeable. Nevertheless, I was always on the verge of the next breakout, if I relaxed. I was clearly still having issues, until the Val-Acyclovir treatment.

    I must stress that I did not take a generic Acyclovir medicine copied locally. I tried one called Vilerm and it hurt my stomach, so I discontinued. In the pharmacy, they also had a German brand for Val-Acyclovir and that one didnt have any gastric symptoms and I started to notice an improvement in my skin a few days after starting already.

    I have been 99% symptom free until now. Only the other day I noticed a bit of red spots again after starting a new magnesium supplement. Magnesium can be hard on the stomach, so I cut the dose down by 4 and the red spots disappeared
    Last edited by Nellukas; 8th March 2019 at 09:02 AM.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    Country: Belgium

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    ive just done a weeks course of this - 200 mg 4 times a day and its done nothing for my flushing and redness ... in fact it made my flushing worse than ever ! my face was firing up a few times a day as opposed to the usual once so im sad to to say it didnt work for me
    I am sorry to hear that it didnt work for you. Like the post above me said, the term Rosacea really is used too indiscriminatively, so there are so many conditions that can result in Rosacea. Who knows what may work for you...

    I must stress that I did not take a generic Acyclovir medicine copied locally. I tried one called Vilerm and it hurt my stomach, so I discontinued it immediately. In the pharmacy, they also had a German brand for Val-Acyclovir, which is a slightly different form of acyclovir (longer-release and higher absorption rate, so less stomach discomfort). That one didnt have any gastric symptoms for me from the moment of taking it and I started to notice an improvement in my skin a few days after starting already.

    So you could pay attention to this, if you decide to try it again. I think if there is a flare up and stomach discomfort, discontinue immediately. Only if you have no side effects should you continue with a brand.

    Conclusion:
    I had stomach pain with a generic acyclovir and started to break out. The moment I switched to a branded val-acyclovir, stomach discomfort and rosacea didnt flare and I saw improvement already a few days into the treatment. So it could be three things 1) your rosacea is not cured by acyclovir 2) you had a generic version of acyclovir 3) you used acyclovir instead of val-acyclovir.


    PS. I did conitinue with my diet and lifestyle throughout the regimen. Im sure this is important. Have you taken care of these aspects, before you started?

    Good luck Boris!

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Congrats that you found something that works!

    I'm skeptical to try it myself lol

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    This sounds interesting. Lysine is something alot of people talk about on these forums and it helps people control herpes but it is also useful for people with rosacea as it reduces inflammation. I would like to hear from others before I believe or don't believe this.
    Takes a lot more then just lysine to get rid of redness in the face. I know how to get rid of redness in the face and broken capillaries but you guys gotta figure it out on your own. It cost me a lot of money to figure it out naturally. I used to do vbeams and the broken capillaries always came back. Its really not that hard to get rid of it if you understand how the body works and what is causing the redness in the face. I highly doubt 1 product will fix anything. It takes several different ones that do different things to the body to get rid of it. I been reading thorugh the articles is amateur hr on this forum. You guys should just go see a nutritionist to help build a solid healthy foundation for your body first.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    ive just done a weeks course of this - 200 mg 4 times a day and its done nothing for my flushing and redness ... in fact it made my flushing worse than ever ! my face was firing up a few times a day as opposed to the usual once so im sad to to say it didnt work for me
    Of course one products not going to fix anything...

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    18
    Country: Sweden

    Default Val-acyclovir update request

    Quote Originally Posted by Nellukas View Post
    I am sorry to hear that it didnt work for you. Like the post above me said, the term Rosacea really is used too indiscriminatively, so there are so many conditions that can result in Rosacea. Who knows what may work for you...

    I must stress that I did not take a generic Acyclovir medicine copied locally. I tried one called Vilerm and it hurt my stomach, so I discontinued it immediately. In the pharmacy, they also had a German brand for Val-Acyclovir, which is a slightly different form of acyclovir (longer-release and higher absorption rate, so less stomach discomfort). That one didnt have any gastric symptoms for me from the moment of taking it and I started to notice an improvement in my skin a few days after starting already.

    So you could pay attention to this, if you decide to try it again. I think if there is a flare up and stomach discomfort, discontinue immediately. Only if you have no side effects should you continue with a brand.

    Conclusion:
    I had stomach pain with a generic acyclovir and started to break out. The moment I switched to a branded val-acyclovir, stomach discomfort and rosacea didnt flare and I saw improvement already a few days into the treatment. So it could be three things 1) your rosacea is not cured by acyclovir 2) you had a generic version of acyclovir 3) you used acyclovir instead of val-acyclovir.


    PS. I did conitinue with my diet and lifestyle throughout the regimen. Im sure this is important. Have you taken care of these aspects, before you started?

    Good luck Boris!
    Hi Nellukas!

    I just wanted to ask if your treatment with Val.acyclovir still works for you?

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    10
    Country: Belgium

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralbihn View Post
    Hi Nellukas!

    I just wanted to ask if your treatment with Val.acyclovir still works for you?
    Hi. Its been over 4 months now and the redness hasnt returned. The red bumps start to appear on my nose after I eat badly. But if I stick to avoiding food that flare up my stomach, then the red spots on my nose go back to normal skin color in a few hours.

    My condition is obviosuly tied with my stomach. If I eat well, my face does good too. If I cheat with food, I react. The Val-acyclovir boosted the progress I already made with my diet in containing whatever is causing my symptoms (virus or other).

    If I regress back into rosacea, I would definitely not neglect my diet, when taking val-acyclovir again

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    18
    Country: Sweden

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nellukas View Post
    Hi. Its been over 4 months now and the redness hasnt returned. The red bumps start to appear on my nose after I eat badly. But if I stick to avoiding food that flare up my stomach, then the red spots on my nose go back to normal skin color in a few hours.

    My condition is obviosuly tied with my stomach. If I eat well, my face does good too. If I cheat with food, I react. The Val-acyclovir boosted the progress I already made with my diet in containing whatever is causing my symptoms (virus or other).

    If I regress back into rosacea, I would definitely not neglect my diet, when taking val-acyclovir again
    I'm happy to read your answer and that it works well for you yet. I will meet the dermatologist now in June and ask him if I can get a prescription based on the reports and this forum thread. Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. I have cured my rosacea
    By trillian in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23rd August 2016, 06:40 PM
  2. How i cured my Rosacea :)
    By ShannonK in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30th March 2016, 06:51 PM
  3. How I cured my Rosacea
    By lovelylipgloss in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26th May 2015, 08:52 PM
  4. Rosacea cured?
    By ChristianFeld08 in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th December 2008, 01:15 PM
  5. Someone who cured their Rosacea
    By Mknlvi in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th April 2008, 01:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •