Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea CURED with Acyclovir !!

Default Rosacea CURED with Acyclovir !!

I finished a precautionary 10 regime of Val-Acyclovir due to my partner's herpes outbreak.

I do not have herpes and acyclovir can help kill herpes virus in a new host, if it is taken 48-72 hours after possible contact. I took a low dose of generic acyclovir in val-acyclovir form (because it has a higher absorption rate), 200mg twice daily after meals.

To my surprise, rosacea started to recede a few days after I started the regimen!! And the last symptoms continued to fade even after finishing the acyclovir, which I guess is my own immune system dealing with it.

My rosacea started slowly developing in my early 20s (I am 30 now). By the time I was 26/27, it became terrible. I had my rosacea issues fairly under control after reducing lifestyle stresses and eating less of foods that aggravated redness and bumps on nose (I started off with hardened skin on the nose and cheeks and general redness of the face), but it never went away completely and kept flaring up if I relaxed in my regimen.

Now I am rosacea free !!

This questions some of the beliefs about rosacea causes, as acyclovir is an anti-retroviral drug.

I searched for information on rosacea and acyclovir, but nothing shows up. Only two links came up, one by doctors and one anecdotal: unable to post links, as I just created an account to share this.

I will keep monitoring how I do in the next few months and plan to do a follow up treatment, if symptoms reoccur. I will update this thread, if anything new comes up.

If it worked for me, maybe it will work for others !

Quote Originally Posted by Nellukas View Post
    I finished a precautionary 10 regime of Val-Acyclovir due to my partner's herpes outbreak.

I do not have herpes and acyclovir can help kill herpes virus in a new host, if it is taken 48-72 hours after possible contact. I took a low dose of generic acyclovir in val-acyclovir form (because it has a higher absorption rate), 200mg twice daily after meals.

To my surprise, rosacea started to recede a few days after I started the regimen!! And the last symptoms continued to fade even after finishing the acyclovir, which I guess is my own immune system dealing with it.

My rosacea started slowly developing in my early 20s (I am 30 now). By the time I was 26/27, it became terrible. I had my rosacea issues fairly under control after reducing lifestyle stresses and eating less of foods that aggravated redness and bumps on nose (I started off with hardened skin on the nose and cheeks and general redness of the face), but it never went away completely and kept flaring up if I relaxed in my regimen.

Now I am rosacea free !!

This questions some of the beliefs about rosacea causes, as acyclovir is an anti-retroviral drug.

I searched for information on rosacea and acyclovir, but nothing shows up. Only two links came up, one by doctors and one anecdotal: unable to post links, as I just created an account to share this.

I will keep monitoring how I do in the next few months and plan to do a follow up treatment, if symptoms reoccur. I will update this thread, if anything new comes up.

If it worked for me, maybe it will work for others !
    I smell spam
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

This sounds interesting. Lysine is something alot of people talk about on these forums and it helps people control herpes but it is also useful for people with rosacea as it reduces inflammation. I would like to hear from others before I believe or don't believe this.

I don't suppose you have before and after pictures ? with your eyes blacked out to protect your identity.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...257-017-0315-8

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16384760

http://www.readcube.com/articles/10....257-017-0315-8

From what I'm seeing , it seems it only clears symptoms during the treatment. Still, it would be great to get a few weeks of complete clearance to see how that improves your skin overall. If it works for alot of people, maybe a better drug specifically for rosacea could be devloped that could be taken over the long term.
    Last edited by andydoyle; 14th January 2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I smell spam
    I didn't think it was spam (unless pharma companies are using guerrilla marketing to promote unlicensed use of their drugs, along with wrong information: acyclovir is an antiviral drug, nothing to do with retroviruses strictly), but the way the Nellukas describes the symptoms sounds like more of an infection than the vascular rosacea problems that lots of people here have.

Edited: Here's the full text of the case report andydoyle posted (sci-hub is so useful!). It looks like this helped someone with subtype one symptoms too, but as andydoyle said only for as long as she continued taking it.
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 14th January 2019 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    This sounds interesting. Lysine is something alot of people talk about on these forums and it helps people control herpes but it is also useful for people with rosacea as it reduces inflammation. I would like to hear from others before I believe or don't believe this.
    Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. I don't have herpes, but my partner has. He rarely flares, so during our relationships this was the first time it happened. I was upset that I had to take a drug I knew nothing about and which side effects scared me, considering that antibiotics have such bad side effects.

But now I am rosacea free!

It's been over a week and symptoms have not returned.

If anything changes, I plan to update this thread and the Reddit post I made.

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    I don't suppose you have before and after pictures ? with your eyes blacked out to protect your identity.
    I don't have sadly, I never took any. But I can describe how it was:

I started off with hardened skin on the nose and some parts of the cheeks (localised patches only), red bumps on the nose and general pinkness/redness of the face affecting cheeks, chin, nose and forehead.

Now my skin is my normal skin tone, no bumps anywhere and completely soft skin on nose and cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I didn't think it was spam (unless pharma companies are using guerrilla marketing to promote unlicensed use of their drugs, along with wrong information: acyclovir is an antiviral drug, nothing to do with retroviruses strictly), but the way the Nellukas describes the symptoms sounds like more of an infection than the vascular rosacea problems that lots of people here have.

Edited: Here's the full text of the case report andydoyle posted (sci-hub is so useful!). It looks like this helped someone with subtype one symptoms too, but as andydoyle said only for as long as she continued taking it.
    Hi. I am not spamming indeed. I benefit in no way from increased sales of Acyclovir.

I had subtype 1 and 2 symptoms.

I wrote the drug description based on the information sheet that came with the package, in which it was described as an anti-retroviral.

I will update the post here, if symptoms reappear. For now, even foods that upset the face before haven't caused any visible return of symptoms after more than a week of stopping the regimen. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Nellukas; 15th January 2019 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I smell spam
    acyclovir is a prescription drug. Do you think it is still spam? It is available generic. So how would the ‘spam’ work so that it benefits the ‘spammer’? I don’t see the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi