Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rosacea CURED with Acyclovir !!

Default 11 months free

Hi guys, its been 11 months now and I have not had a serious rosacea outbreak. My nose would occasionally get a little red and a small bump would start to show signs of appearing but after sleep I would have normal skin again.

A month ago I got the idea to try acyclovir as a cream on my nose and this seems to have fixed the problem completely. I dont even have redness now and consider myself completely cured.

The good news for others who want to try whether acyclovir works for them is that you can just try the cream. Maybe it will help. One user in this thread who tried acyclovir as a pill reported it made his symptoms worse. A cream is most likely sader to do a test with.

I hope this info helps someone. Good luck on your healing journeys. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellukas View Post
    Hi guys, its been 11 months now and I have not had a serious rosacea outbreak. My nose would occasionally get a little red and a small bump would start to show signs of appearing but after sleep I would have normal skin again.

A month ago I got the idea to try acyclovir as a cream on my nose and this seems to have fixed the problem completely. I dont even have redness now and consider myself completely cured.

The good news for others who want to try whether acyclovir works for them is that you can just try the cream. Maybe it will help. One user in this thread who tried acyclovir as a pill reported it made his symptoms worse. A cream is most likely sader to do a test with.

I hope this info helps someone. Good luck on your healing journeys. All the best.
    Hi Nellukas

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to return and keep us updated with your progress -- I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it.

That's great you are still symptom free! And an interesting idea to trial an acyclovir cream. Are you just using a 'typical' acyclovir cream like Zovirax (5% acyclovir)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    Hi Nellukas

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to return and keep us updated with your progress -- I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it.

That's great you are still symptom free! And an interesting idea to trial an acyclovir cream. Are you just using a 'typical' acyclovir cream like Zovirax (5% acyclovir)?
    I am glad to do so. I have also been eager to know results and progress, but OP stops posting at some point leaving everyone hanging

Yes, I used just a regular cold sore cream with Acyclovir - Qualimed Acovax cream that I got over the counter. If I should get any flares from now on, I plan to just try the cream instead of taking the pills, like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellukas View Post

Hi Nellukas
    So you rub acyclovir cold sore cream directly onto your nose ? you feel this has addressed any redness on you nose ?
    Thanks
    MD