Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPL & LED in same session?

Default IPL & LED in same session?

Has anyone had experience with having and IPL & LED treatment in the same session?
    I just had a consult and the Dr suggested this would be the best approach to treat the inflammation and the blood vessels at the same time.
    I've never had any laser treatment and just curious how common this approach is.
    Thanks!

I think it can be good. But IPL use only at low settings - this is my experience. I used to have 3 IPL treatments first and the second ipl procedure was low and there were good results. I did the third treatment and there were strong settings that really worsened my condition. Now I want to go back to IPL but only 2 treatments separated from each other about 2 months and only low settings .. You can still try Epsom salt to wash your face - many people help.

Quote Originally Posted by cal8888 View Post
    Has anyone had experience with having and IPL & LED treatment in the same session?
    I just had a consult and the Dr suggested this would be the best approach to treat the inflammation and the blood vessels at the same time.
    I've never had any laser treatment and just curious how common this approach is.
    Thanks!
    To be honest with you, I would suggest V Beam over IPL for redness. If itís persistent redness that youíre looking to improve, a bruising V Beam is your best bet. If you have flushing and burning, then non-purpuric V Beam and IPL might help. Having experienced a few IPLís and 10+ V Beams, I would suggest V Beams are far superior. Most important is to get a knowledgable practitioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    To be honest with you, I would suggest V Beam over IPL for redness. If itís persistent redness that youíre looking to improve, a bruising V Beam is your best bet. If you have flushing and burning, then non-purpuric V Beam and IPL might help. Having experienced a few IPLís and 10+ V Beams, I would suggest V Beams are far superior. Most important is to get a knowledgable practitioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second this comment. I've had 7 IPLs and one purpuric V Beam treatment, and the single V Beam has done far more for me than any of the IPLs. IPL machines are cheaper for doctors, and they're said to be capable of treating many conditions, but all that really means is that they excel at absolutely nothing. Just my viewpoint, though.

Thanks!
    I saw someone last year who used LEDs to help calm the face down after IPL and Vbeam rather than as a treatment for rosacea. It seemed to help as my face was pretty calm after the treatments, but research on LED therapy as a primary treatment for rosacea seems limited and controversial.

IPL seemed pretty helpful at clearing up superficial problems like visible telangiectasia and some scars on my forehead but I needed lasers to target the deeper veins.

Thanks!
    I haven't had this, but I was suggested by my doctor to have a short LED session after my laser treatment. It is not quite common, but absolutely beneficial as LED (red light) has anti-inflammatory features.

Thanks for your input. I've never had any laser before so a little nervous about the whole thing.
    I saw Dr. Goldberg in NJ who seems to be an authority on these things from what I read.
    He said each session will take approx. 3 months to actually see any results and suggested 3-5 sessions....does that sound correct?
    Assured me after the first session I will say it didn't work, but it takes 3 months minimum to see the results from that session.
    I hope that's some what accurate and not a sales pitch to keep coming for more.
    He said using both lasers together would treat the inflammation along with the blood vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I saw someone last year who used LEDs to help calm the face down after IPL and Vbeam rather than as a treatment for rosacea. It seemed to help as my face was pretty calm after the treatments, but research on LED therapy as a primary treatment for rosacea seems limited and controversial.

IPL seemed pretty helpful at clearing up superficial problems like visible telangiectasia and some scars on my forehead but I needed lasers to target the deeper veins.
    Hmmm what is the controversial about using LED?

Hmmm what is the controversial about using LED?
    Whether it works

I am currently using the LED mask - red light, I think it works positively but slowly and gradually. In a few days I am saved again on IPL, but I have some fears, as I wrote above - for me only small adjustments are adequate - when I had high settings my skin got worse and there was a problem, I also think that there should be a larger interval between treatments . 2 months)
    I have recently also used Epsom Salt and I am amazed how it helps me - it works well on my skin ... I have a problem on my nose - oily skin / seborrhea on the nose and around the nose and a lot of red blood vessels and sometimes feel nose pain ((I'm reading a lot about Naltrexon LDN now and it seems also an interesting option).
    Epsom salt and the red red lamp help me (but I think that Epsom Salt helps better - when you have oily skin / seborrhea and dilated capillaries.) I am going to IPL in a few days and I hope it will be even better.

I am not sure if I will be using the red LED mask directly after the IPL - maybe I will take a few days break from the LED mask
    Last edited by przemek; 8th January 2019 at 02:44 PM.