Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IPL & LED in same session?

If you look up the benefits of red led light it mentions increased blood flow and formation of new capillaries.This might be ideal for wound healing but I imagine would be the last thing you want after having IPL/laser to get rid of capillaries

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    If you look up the benefits of red led light it mentions increased blood flow and formation of new capillaries.This might be ideal for wound healing but I imagine would be the last thing you want after having IPL/laser to get rid of capillaries
    Can someone please address this comment? It seems to contradict everything I've come to know about RLT. Plus, I don't feel I've ever been harmed by my dual care light. In fact, it only seems to help my flushing. But he/she is right. ..how can something that's supposed to increase blood flow possibly be of help to us?

It does seem a bit confusing about how red light works.Just read one study that said it helped with redness from sunburn.
    Then another that says it repairs damaged tissue by angiogensis
    I bought a hand held 660 red light therapy device several years back and stopped using it because it caused a few red marks to appear.
    I know that some things work for some and not others.

It does seem a bit confusing about how red light works.Just read one study that said it helped with redness from sunburn.
    Then another that says it repairs damaged tissue by angiogensis
    I bought a hand held 660 red light therapy device several years back and stopped using it because it caused a few red marks to appear.
    I know that some things work for some and not others.
    Dr Nase, who used to post on this forum, was dead against LED at any wavelength because he said the angiogenesis is bad news for anyone with rosacea.

I find his concerns a bit far fetched considering that LED is gentle and considered a cold laser, whereas PDL and IPL photo cauterize the skin, which prompts the accute immune response and the subsequent bruising.

I have seen angiogenesis work very quickly and negatively as a result of heavy bruising from PDL, in which tiny new baby blood vessels grew around the outside of one of the circular bruises.

I've since had more PDL and while there has been an overall improvement there are still some bits that looked slightly worse. I've been using LED daily at 630nm since early December 2018 and think I'm beginning to see calmer skin.

I intend to stick with 630nm LED daily for a few more months. It's so gentle that I can use it for up to an hour a day on full power with no ill effects. My face always looks very white right after the treatment but this subsides over the course of a few minutes.

I may upgrade to a 660nm LED but I'll be using this for about 3 minutes daily and holding the light furthur from my face.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Can someone please address this comment? It seems to contradict everything I've come to know about RLT. Plus, I don't feel I've ever been harmed by my dual care light. In fact, it only seems to help my flushing. But he/she is right. ..how can something that's supposed to increase blood flow possibly be of help to us?
    Please go to the section dedicated to the LLLT. This issue has been quite thoroughly discussed. Please go through the stickies, go through the Twickle Purple's posts. It's absolutely worth the time
    Me personally I am not afraid of angiogenesis. In my case LED works. Increasing the blood flow and creating new capillaries is not the same as creating more deficient ("broken") capillaries.

Default LED and seborrheic dermatitis

Hi

Has anyone tried LED who has seborrheic dermatitis? I know IPL maybe problematic.

Regards

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    Please go to the section dedicated to the LLLT. This issue has been quite thoroughly discussed. Please go through the stickies, go through the Twickle Purple's posts. It's absolutely worth the time
    Me personally I am not afraid of angiogenesis. In my case LED works. Increasing the blood flow and creating new capillaries is not the same as creating more deficient ("broken") capillaries.
    I'm not saying Led doesn't work but to use it straight after ipl, is not maybe a good idea.
    You usually get told to avoid flushing situations like hot baths,showers exercise etc for a few days.This so the newly closed capillaries have time to heal and not reopen due to flushing.

I've always found the last advice from docs to keep flushing to a minimum after laser/ipl a bit funny.If I could have kept my flushing under control I would have not come for the treatment

I'm not saying Led doesn't work but to use it straight after ipl, is not maybe a good idea.
    You usually get told to avoid flushing situations like hot baths,showers exercise etc for a few days.This so the newly closed capillaries have time to heal and not reopen due to flushing.
    I stopped LED for one month after my IPL.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Yes, sure. I am not saying that LED is fine just because it's been helpful for me. We are all so different. Actually, I also have been cautious with using LED directly after the laser treatment. Just in case.