Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: IPL & LED in same session?

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    58
    Country: England

    Default

    If you look up the benefits of red led light it mentions increased blood flow and formation of new capillaries.This might be ideal for wound healing but I imagine would be the last thing you want after having IPL/laser to get rid of capillaries

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    197
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    If you look up the benefits of red led light it mentions increased blood flow and formation of new capillaries.This might be ideal for wound healing but I imagine would be the last thing you want after having IPL/laser to get rid of capillaries
    Can someone please address this comment? It seems to contradict everything I've come to know about RLT. Plus, I don't feel I've ever been harmed by my dual care light. In fact, it only seems to help my flushing. But he/she is right. ..how can something that's supposed to increase blood flow possibly be of help to us?

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    58
    Country: England

    Default

    It does seem a bit confusing about how red light works.Just read one study that said it helped with redness from sunburn.
    Then another that says it repairs damaged tissue by angiogensis
    I bought a hand held 660 red light therapy device several years back and stopped using it because it caused a few red marks to appear.
    I know that some things work for some and not others.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    235
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    It does seem a bit confusing about how red light works.Just read one study that said it helped with redness from sunburn.
    Then another that says it repairs damaged tissue by angiogensis
    I bought a hand held 660 red light therapy device several years back and stopped using it because it caused a few red marks to appear.
    I know that some things work for some and not others.
    Dr Nase, who used to post on this forum, was dead against LED at any wavelength because he said the angiogenesis is bad news for anyone with rosacea.

    I find his concerns a bit far fetched considering that LED is gentle and considered a cold laser, whereas PDL and IPL photo cauterize the skin, which prompts the accute immune response and the subsequent bruising.

    I have seen angiogenesis work very quickly and negatively as a result of heavy bruising from PDL, in which tiny new baby blood vessels grew around the outside of one of the circular bruises.

    I've since had more PDL and while there has been an overall improvement there are still some bits that looked slightly worse. I've been using LED daily at 630nm since early December 2018 and think I'm beginning to see calmer skin.

    I intend to stick with 630nm LED daily for a few more months. It's so gentle that I can use it for up to an hour a day on full power with no ill effects. My face always looks very white right after the treatment but this subsides over the course of a few minutes.

    I may upgrade to a 660nm LED but I'll be using this for about 3 minutes daily and holding the light furthur from my face.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

    • Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ladycappuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Can someone please address this comment? It seems to contradict everything I've come to know about RLT. Plus, I don't feel I've ever been harmed by my dual care light. In fact, it only seems to help my flushing. But he/she is right. ..how can something that's supposed to increase blood flow possibly be of help to us?
    Please go to the section dedicated to the LLLT. This issue has been quite thoroughly discussed. Please go through the stickies, go through the Twickle Purple's posts. It's absolutely worth the time
    Me personally I am not afraid of angiogenesis. In my case LED works. Increasing the blood flow and creating new capillaries is not the same as creating more deficient ("broken") capillaries.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    64

    Default LED and seborrheic dermatitis

    Hi

    Has anyone tried LED who has seborrheic dermatitis? I know IPL maybe problematic.

    Regards

    Phil

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    58
    Country: England

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    Please go to the section dedicated to the LLLT. This issue has been quite thoroughly discussed. Please go through the stickies, go through the Twickle Purple's posts. It's absolutely worth the time
    Me personally I am not afraid of angiogenesis. In my case LED works. Increasing the blood flow and creating new capillaries is not the same as creating more deficient ("broken") capillaries.
    I'm not saying Led doesn't work but to use it straight after ipl, is not maybe a good idea.
    You usually get told to avoid flushing situations like hot baths,showers exercise etc for a few days.This so the newly closed capillaries have time to heal and not reopen due to flushing.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    58
    Country: England

    Default

    I've always found the last advice from docs to keep flushing to a minimum after laser/ipl a bit funny.If I could have kept my flushing under control I would have not come for the treatment

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    235
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    I'm not saying Led doesn't work but to use it straight after ipl, is not maybe a good idea.
    You usually get told to avoid flushing situations like hot baths,showers exercise etc for a few days.This so the newly closed capillaries have time to heal and not reopen due to flushing.
    I stopped LED for one month after my IPL.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

    • Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

  10. #20
    Senior Member ladycappuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    I'm not saying Led doesn't work but to use it straight after ipl, is not maybe a good idea.
    You usually get told to avoid flushing situations like hot baths,showers exercise etc for a few days.This so the newly closed capillaries have time to heal and not reopen due to flushing.
    Yes, sure. I am not saying that LED is fine just because it's been helpful for me. We are all so different. Actually, I also have been cautious with using LED directly after the laser treatment. Just in case.

Similar Threads

  1. First ipl session today
    By Jhlfc18 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd September 2014, 02:34 PM
  2. can first session of ipl make some parts worse?
    By southwestuk in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st March 2009, 02:17 PM
  3. How long should each red LED session be?
    By bse89 in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th December 2007, 01:25 PM
  4. led and ipl
    By shamrock in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th February 2007, 05:20 PM
  5. Intense IPL session lead to twitching?
    By SpencerK in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th February 2006, 04:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •