Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vbeam Prima

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he does not use the 1064 wavelength for Rosacea treatment. My memory is the he was pretty adamant that he only uses it for leg veins. There have been "multi plex" machines before this one but he really loved the perfecta. There were also a number of publications that there was increased chance of scarring with the 1064. Sadly I found out they were right. I came across a lecture that he gave on the prima that you can listen to at takeonedigital.com/bmc/vbeamprima/ if you want more more information.
    Thanks! I'll listen to this soon and might post a summary.

Edited: Here's a more direct URL for the video if you want to skip the registration (I'm not sure Candela wants patient contact info anyhow).
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 19th January 2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he does not use the 1064 wavelength for Rosacea treatment. My memory is the he was pretty adamant that he only uses it for leg veins. There have been "multi plex" machines before this one but he really loved the perfecta. There were also a number of publications that there was increased chance of scarring with the 1064. Sadly I found out they were right. I came across a lecture that he gave on the prima that you can listen to at takeonedigital.com/bmc/vbeamprima/ if you want more more information.

You're right -- he says 1064 nm is the wrong wavelength because 595 nm has much better hemoglobin absorption. He uses the 1064 for blue veins on legs.
    Attached Images

Default vbeam Prima

Two weeks out from Vbeam Prima treatment. Still have a lot of bruising that is resolving very slowly. With other vbeam treatments they would be gone by now.My skin is very dry but that's not unusual. There was a lot of bruising (now different shades of brown) on the areas where I still had permanent redness so I still can't tell if I got improvement there.

Hi Arlene:

Hope your recovery is going well. Could you share with us the settings used that you find effective and the settings you’ve had in the past that were not effective?

Thank you.

I don't have any idea what the settings are. In the past I tried using other people's settings and they were never effective for me. I believe that individual settings vary depending on skin color, severity of condition, and part of the body being treated etc. The most important factor to having a successful treatment is the individual operating the machine. I ran into doctors who use the same setting (and laser) for every patient. Its hard finding a doctor who has more knowledge than the two hour tutorial the laser company gave them. Most of them (at least where I live ) just want to make money on cosmetic procedures and not real medical conditions.

So I'm three weeks out from my prima treatment. My bruises still have not completely resolved!. That is the longest time I've experienced. Most are light brown. It looks like I have some clear patches on the resistant areas of my face and chest. I could just be wishful thinking, but I really can't say for sure.

I got my first Vbeam Prima treatment today. Pretty mild procedure. Felt like being poked with lots of needles very quickly, whereas IPL was more like rubber band snaps. No bruising. Face looks a little puffy with red areas but no bruising or hives, and the redness is a lot less than a bad flush. I'd be okay to go to work like this.

What the doctor told me is that bruising (purpura) is more likely in people with no pigment whereas I'm a little olive.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise I'll probably post an update in a few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Default vbeam Prima

Week Four. Most of the bruising is gone. In Some areas the bruising is now pale red. There does appear to be spotty clearance of my resistant areas. I have a bit of increased flushing but that seems to be abating. It's pretty cold here so I won't be sure for awhile as to increased heat tolerance. I'm not sure if the Prima is a game changer, but it did give me a bit of clearance in some very resistant places

Is your recovery complete yet? I'm going back for a second treatment Monday.

2nd treatment went well yesterday . This time I can see a lot of clearance of redness already. Only adverse effects this time are some moderate swelling under eyes.

I wanted to manage the swelling better this time and it worked. Immediately after the treatment, I blasted my face with car AC, applied ice packs, and took acetaminophen and an antihistamine. I also made sure to stay well hydrated before and after.

Right after the laser I could see a spotty, bumpy pattern of swelling, but nothing like the grids of bruises some people have shown, and the pattern went away within minutes. The new lasers seem much better.

Just checked in and was happy to see you're getting some improvement. My skin is still a bit bumpy and there are still a few very pale bruises. Seems like flushing is better. I can exercise without having a large fan blasting air at me. Sill some light red patches on face and neck