Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vbeam Prima

Default Vbeam Prima

Has anyone here been treated with Vbeam Prima? If so, how did you find it compared to other lasers like Excel V or Vbeam Perfecta, etc? I just booked a consultation for next month.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    Has anyone here been treated with Vbeam Prima? If so, how did you find it compared to other lasers like Excel V or Vbeam Perfecta, etc? I just booked a consultation for next month.
    I too am interested in how this laser measures up to what we currently have available. Please let us know how everything goes.

Default vbeam prima

Have not posted here for some time as my condition has improved a lot. I get touch ups every 6 months but there are still a few areas (sides of nose and upper chest) that have been very resistant. Two days ago my doctor treated me with the vbeam vista for the first time. I have massive bruising and a lot of swelling. No blisters or cuts of any kind. I usually get increased flushing for awhile, but this time I did not. Hope that's a good sign. Ill update in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Have not posted here for some time as my condition has improved a lot. I get touch ups every 6 months but there are still a few areas (sides of nose and upper chest) that have been very resistant. Two days ago my doctor treated me with the vbeam vista for the first time. I have massive bruising and a lot of swelling. No blisters or cuts of any kind. I usually get increased flushing for awhile, but this time I did not. Hope that's a good sign. Ill update in a few days
    Thanks for posting. What is Vbeam Vista? Is that the next version of Vbeam after Prima? Good luck with your recovery.

Default vbeam Prima

Correction- Vbeam Prima not Vista. Sorry brain must be swollen too

Default v beam prima

It's been one week since my first treatment. Swelling took about four days to finally resolve. Massive bruising starting to resolve, but has a way to go. I think it might have finally cleared the patch of redness on my chest, which would be the first time in 6 years, But I'll know more once the bruising has resolved completely. Too many bruises on my face to tell if there is any clearance to the areas that still flush.

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    It's been one week since my first treatment. Swelling took about four days to finally resolve. Massive bruising starting to resolve, but has a way to go. I think it might have finally cleared the patch of redness on my chest, which would be the first time in 6 years, But I'll know more once the bruising has resolved completely. Too many bruises on my face to tell if there is any clearance to the areas that still flush.
    it’s wonderful that you see some good results!

what is the difference between vbeam prima and vbeam perfecta?

also, is there any difference between this vbeam prima and the “updated vbeam machine” which you received treatments from dr. bernstein past couple years?

Prima adds a 1064 nm wavelength in addition to the 595 nm wavelength that Perfecta and Prima both have. It's also supposed to have better integrated cooling options for preventing the patient's skin from getting burned. What I've read is that Prima allows delivering twice as much energy.

I'm pretty sure that he does not use the 1064 wavelength for Rosacea treatment. My memory is the he was pretty adamant that he only uses it for leg veins. There have been "multi plex" machines before this one but he really loved the perfecta. There were also a number of publications that there was increased chance of scarring with the 1064. Sadly I found out they were right. I came across a lecture that he gave on the prima that you can listen to at takeonedigital.com/bmc/vbeamprima/ if you want more more information.

Quote Originally Posted by ephemerality View Post
    it’s wonderful that you see some good results!

what is the difference between vbeam prima and vbeam perfecta?

also, is there any difference between this vbeam prima and the “updated vbeam machine” which you received treatments from dr. bernstein past couple years?
    The major difference was that I had more heat tolerance before I would start to flush . That did a lot for my quality of life.