Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vbeam Prima

I went back for my 4th treatment today. This time I got some small bruises around my nose, which are probably not really noticeable under sunscreen, and a larger circular one on my forehead that will probably require concealer. This is probably expected since we've been increasing the energy each time.

This might be my last treatment depending on how things look in 8-10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I went back for my 4th treatment today. This time I got some small bruises around my nose, which are probably not really noticeable under sunscreen, and a larger circular one on my forehead that will probably require concealer. This is probably expected since we've been increasing the energy each time.

This might be my last treatment depending on how things look in 8-10 weeks.
    How has it helped with the redness? I am too olive skinned and had a lot of vbeams in the past, would be interesting to here whether the vbeam prima has helped as much as a purpuric vbeam perfecta?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Seb91; 19th July 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    How has it helped with the redness? I am too olive skinned and had a lot of vbeams in the past, would be interesting to here whether the vbeam prima has helped as much as a purpuric vbeam perfecta?

Thanks.
    It has helped a lot -- but I've only had one non-Prima Vbeam treatment, and it was with an inexperienced Vbeam practitioner and non-purpuric, so it's hard for me to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    It has helped a lot -- but I've only had one non-Prima Vbeam treatment, and it was with an inexperienced Vbeam practitioner and non-purpuric, so it's hard for me to compare.
    It is wonderful that you have achieved good improvement from vbeam prima! Did you have purpuric setting for all prima treatments so far? Do you happen to know the specific parameters (pulse duration, joules, spot size) your laser doc used?

Quote Originally Posted by ephemerality View Post
    It is wonderful that you have achieved good improvement from vbeam prima! Did you have purpuric setting for all prima treatments so far? Do you happen to know the specific parameters (pulse duration, joules, spot size) your laser doc used?
    This is the 4th treatment and the 1st time I bruised. Not sure about the settings but he's been raising the energy used each time.