Thread: Permanent Redness on the Nose

Default Permanent Redness on the Nose

I am a new member here and my biggest problem is that I have this really red nose and my cheeks are kinda pink too. It has been affecting my self-confidence greatly. Some of my so-called Ďfriendsí even call me rudolf. I have already gone to a dermatologist. She already diagnosed me with Rosacea and we have tried using laser, specifically the GentleMax Laser. To my dismay, it has little to no effect on my nose (because that is what my dermatologist targeted since she said the redness on my cheeks are only mild but my nose is really the problem.) Right now, Iím using VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Calming Moisturizer to help ease the redness. However, it does not help that much. I would like to ask if you have any advice for permanent flushing on the nose? What helped you guys to alleviate this problem? Please help me, this situation is really stressing me out since Iím still going to the university. It sucks to be looked at and be called names.

Suggest you read this post.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Medications that can help with flushing and redness target either the blood vessels, the blood (e.g. to reduce platelet aggregation) or the nerves. For moderate to severe flushing and redness you are likely to need some combination of these depending on the cause of the problem. Medications that can help include clonidine, moxonodine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine, pregabalin, gabapentin, aspirin and mepacrine. Soolantra cream can be helpful to target demodex mites. There are various articles in the medical literature you can show to your dermatologist if they are not familiar with using these medications.

Zhongzhou cream can be helpful as well, and you can order this yourself.

Unfortunately laser and IPL are not very consistent in their benefits, and cause problems for some people with rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Medications that can help with flushing and redness target either the blood vessels, the blood (e.g. to reduce platelet aggregation) or the nerves. For moderate to severe flushing and redness you are likely to need some combination of these depending on the cause of the problem. Medications that can help include clonidine, moxonodine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine, pregabalin, gabapentin, aspirin and mepacrine. Soolantra cream can be helpful to target demodex mites. There are various articles in the medical literature you can show to your dermatologist if they are not familiar with using these medications.

Zhongzhou cream can be helpful as well, and you can order this yourself.

Unfortunately laser and IPL are not very consistent in their benefits, and cause problems for some people with rosacea.
    Do you know where can I get soolantra cream? And how much does it cost?