Thread: Excel V for burning

Default Excel V for burning

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!
    I am a long time lurker on this forum. I started having symptoms of type 1 rosacea when I was 18 years old. 6 months I had no relief until I started taking Venlaxafine, and within a month my symptoms were virtually gone! My redness diminished and it took severe heat to cause me to flare up. I felt as if I had conquered this horrible condition for a year and a half until this Thanksgiving, where it came back full force. The burning is what drives me absolutely up the wall. I feel like I have to constantly hold ice packs to my face or be in front of a fan to keep from burning. Iím sure you all know the feeling! I just want to be able to go back to college and live a normal life without this painful condition on my face for everyone to see.
    So, I am finally resorting to laser treatment as I have tried all topicals, antibiotics, oils, etc. with no improvement. I am curious if anyone has experienced improvement of the burning sensation with the excel v laser. I have an appointment this Friday for consultation and treatment. I was also wondering if I should stop taking minocycline a couple of days before since it reacts to light? I am just hoping it doesnít cause more damage, I am just at my wits end with this condition. Thank you for the help!

Happy Christmas to you

I'm sorry to hear your Rosacea is causing you so much suffering. I don't think anybody can truly understand just how debilitating it is unless they've had to deal with it themselves. You've done the right thing by deciding to look into Laser treatment. Is your consultation for Excel V?

That's interesting how Venlafaxine gave you temporary relief. I didn't know It could do that. I think you should mention this to your doctor and maybe he/she will have some suggestion. Maybe an increased dose could help? Of course, I'm not a doctor so please take what I say with a pich of salt.

If you're worried it may make things worse, I would say as long as you've done your research on the clinic and read/heard of other people's experiences - you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I've had Excel V twice and It certainly didn't make anything worse for me. I was delighted with the results so I really hope it will be the same for you!

Best of luck with everything. I would love to know how you get on.

Hi Caisc!

I just got done with my treatment with Excel V. It was definitely a little painful, but very bearable. They also put me under a healing light and told me to come back in a couple of days to go under it again. I was told to expect redness, burning, and swelling for the next few days. However, I am already amazed at the patches of circles on my cheeks that are completely white. I was terrified before treatment but right now I just feel hopeful and am very thankful that I had the opportunity to try it. I will have to book another session in a month and will have to take a few days off of school. I will try to post some progress pictures and general feelings about how my skin goes the next few weeks for anyone who may be interested in Excel V. Thank you so much for your response, I appreciated it more than you know!

Best,
    Kinzkay

Default Two days after

Iím more or less using this to keep track of my progress! So two days later, I still have burning sensation and am red. Right under my eyes has always been where my rosacea is the worst, and where the laser hit it is definitely a bit raised and swollen. However, I definitely feel like my tolerance for heat is better considering I was able to stay in the kitchen even while the oven was on yesterday for almost an hour. Around the 45 minute mark I started to flush, but thatís way better than I usually would be. Iím still crossing my fingers to see more progress as the burning drives me crazy!! Once I have posted enough I will post pictures so yíall can see everything. Wishing everyone the best!

Quote Originally Posted by kinzkay View Post
    Iím more or less using this to keep track of my progress! So two days later, I still have burning sensation and am red. Right under my eyes has always been where my rosacea is the worst, and where the laser hit it is definitely a bit raised and swollen. However, I definitely feel like my tolerance for heat is better considering I was able to stay in the kitchen even while the oven was on yesterday for almost an hour. Around the 45 minute mark I started to flush, but thatís way better than I usually would be. Iím still crossing my fingers to see more progress as the burning drives me crazy!! Once I have posted enough I will post pictures so yíall can see everything. Wishing everyone the best!
    Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair is specifically created to help the skin recover after laser/IPL treatment. I use it in general because it is very mild on rosacea skin, though for me laser and IPL don't work well, so I don't have those treatments. You may find this cream helps your skin to recover.

That's brilliant kinzkay! I'm delighted to hear It went well for you and that my response was of help to you. Onwards and upwards from here

Yes, I was very, very swollen for a week or so after my last treatment but I think it's a small price to pay - It'll be worth it!

Keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks everyone for your advice and kind words! I just wanted to update as a week has passed since my treatment. I am astonished by the results. Yes, I still am a little pink and still get hot from time to time, but I am very very pleased with the results. I feel like I can live my normal life again without the need of an ice pack. I will definitely have to go in for another treatment as my case was pretty bad, but even my dermatologist was amazed by the results of excel v (as I went to a plastic surgeon who had excel v and she did not) and was glad I came back for my follow up so she could help direct other people their options if someone else came in with a case like mine. I can say my burning and redness is reduced by 90% this time last week. My swelling has gone down and I actually look and feel like a normal human being. I hope everyone can find relief as it feels so very good. Best to all of you guys.

Kinzkay

Default Patchy redness

Hi kinzkay,

I'm so glad to hear you had a good result with V excell. You said in one of your posts you could see white circles where the laser had cleared the skin. I was wondering now it has all healed weather you have a unified skin tone or weather you can still make out the circles where the laser has past?

I am considering this treatment but i'm concerned I may still have that circle effect where the laser has hit.

Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Hi kinzkay,

I'm so glad to hear you had a good result with V excell. You said in one of your posts you could see white circles where the laser had cleared the skin. I was wondering now it has all healed weather you have a unified skin tone or weather you can still make out the circles where the laser has past?

I am considering this treatment but i'm concerned I may still have that circle effect where the laser has hit.

Logan
    Hi Logan!!

My skin eventually evened out and the circles were no longer present! I just got finished with my second treatment and there arenít any circles this time and it hurt way less than less time- maybe because I wasnít burning as much anymore to begin with! I would definitely reccommend as I am not as in much pain and can go about my daily life. Donít get me wrong, I will probably still need a couple to get rid of complete redness but for right now the burning being lessened is huge for me. I wish you the best and let me know what you decide to do.