Thread: So if fasting clears my skin temporarily then SD must be gut related?

Default So if fasting clears my skin temporarily then SD must be gut related?

When I fast on snake juice which is just water with salt..potassium I have no symptoms. I fasted for about 5 days and my skin is white and perfect no issues. But as soon as I break the fast my SD comes straight back. I know its anecdotal but seriously the gut connection to SD must be a massive factor. Im overweight so I wanna go with the snake juice diet until ive lost my body fat to see. I don't believe we are supposed to have a ton of fat on our bodies...its food storage at the end of the day.

So also ive started making and eating daily Kefir yogurt and i sense the allergic reaction has lessened.

Since the SD comes right back when you break your fast, have you considered an elimination diet to see if there is something you're eating in particular that is causing it?

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    Since the SD comes right back when you break your fast, have you considered an elimination diet to see if there is something you're eating in particular that is causing it?

I've done Keto for a while and it definitely helped overall. I am about to send off for an allergy test you can do online where they test like 500 things, including common home allergens etc. I just send off a few hairs and paid 70 bucks. Lets see what comes up from that but honestly I don't even think its a specific food I think just the action of my gut is ultimately the issue. When I was young I ate a lot of sugary food literally eat cookies and potatoes chips and soda all day long also I don't think I was breast feed and had I know a ton of antibiotics which they give a lot to kids in the form of a vanilla liquid in the UK. So if my gut flora is messed up I would not be surprised. I am also taking Kefir cause my wife said it improved her health a lot so have been taking that daily and I do feel my stomach bubbling and doing something which I hope is good.

Maybe SD is IBS related. That sounds about right. I think some connection to my gut and my blood system is faulty somehow creating an over reaction of the immune system. And not eating I think shows that connection once you cut off the supply.

isnt it that carbohydrates feed yeast and with fasting you cut their food supply off?malessezia yeast in particular
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3895566/

Will drinking unsweet tea/protein shakes for meals count as fasting? I really don't consume much sugar anymore and typically avoid sweets. My issue is I don't really cook home-cooked meals and eat frozen foods. It's not good. But for breakfast I drink a protein shake daily and often for lunches I will have the same shake. Only for dinner will I make something in the oven from the freezer. I eat a lot of greek yogurt that is only 2 gram sugar. Maybe one every other day. Or is fasting by definition only consuming water? I probably could not go beyond a day doing that...

This time last year I was near 215 lbs. I'm now about 158 lbs.