Thread: Affordable lifestyle changes, medicines and supplements

Default Affordable lifestyle changes, medicines and supplements

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend any affordable treatments that have reduced redness and thread veins.

Thanks

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend any affordable treatments that have reduced redness and thread veins.

Thanks

Phil
    Look into megadosing. Vitamin C and E are two examples. I'm trawling YouTube daily for information.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Look into megadosing. Vitamin C and E are two examples. I'm trawling YouTube daily for information.
    My GP first prescribed Rozex 0.75% and advised not to use any steroid creams on face. I use ketoconazole for dry red patches on skin and
    Nizoral shampoo. Have you tried Rutin - horse chestnut 500 mg? I currently have Holland and Barratt - multi vitamin, vitamin d, cod liver oil 1000mg
    and turmeric daily with a shot of apple cider vinegar. I looked at Dr Josh Axe and he advises remove caffeine, alcohol, sugar, processed foods, dairy
    and fried foods. Have you tried aloe vera gel? Is it any good. I had the drink but there was no change apart from draining my bank balance...Phil

I currently have Holland and Barratt - multi vitamin, vitamin d, cod liver oil 1000mg
    and turmeric daily with a shot of apple cider vinegar. I looked at Dr Josh Axe and he advises remove caffeine, alcohol, sugar, processed foods, dairy
    and fried foods. Have you tried aloe vera gel? Is it any good. I had the drink but there was no change apart from draining my bank balance...Phil
    Yes to all the above, including Dr Axe's videos. I am using aloe vera gel several times a day all over my face and have been doing so since November 3rd when I had my first IPL.

I don't know if it's the IPL or the aloe, but over the last month my skin has been gradually developing lighter patches - the redness is diminishing.

Of course, it might be other factors at play here which happen to coincide with my topicals.

One thing I recommend is either getting hold of some real aloe leaves and scooping the gel out or at least purchashing aloe that is free of alcohol, fragrance and colouring. Those additives are bad news for sensitive skin, and unfortunately the large bottle of aloe I have has all of that in it.

I've since gotten a small bottle of aloe minus all that crap but I really need to get a bigger one.

I can tell you I take zinc daily (about 60 mg) with about 3000IU of vit D3, and B vit complex. A multivitamin is taken daily.

I also take cod liver oil and coconut oil sometimes multiple times a day. The coconut oil I sometimes rub on my face and leave on over night.

I occasionally break open several vit E capsules and mix a few drops of tea tree with it in my hand, before smearing all over my face. I just did that a minute ago, actually.

My diet is strict, anti-inflammatory, and involves lots of greens except my trigger foods which are tomatoes, spinach and white potatoes. Alcohol is a rarity for me and I always wear sunscreen during daylight hours, unless it's particularly overcast.

I've not had turmeric for over a year as it stains my orthodontic braces bright yellow!
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Yes to all the above, including Dr Axe's videos. I am using aloe vera gel several times a day all over my face and have been doing so since November 3rd when I had my first IPL.

I don't know if it's the IPL or the aloe, but over the last month my skin has been gradually developing lighter patches - the redness is diminishing.

Of course, it might be other factors at play here which happen to coincide with my topicals.

One thing I recommend is either getting hold of some real aloe leaves and scooping the gel out or at least purchashing aloe that is free of alcohol, fragrance and colouring. Those additives are bad news for sensitive skin, and unfortunately the large bottle of aloe I have has all of that in it.

I've since gotten a small bottle of aloe minus all that crap but I really need to get a bigger one.

I can tell you I take zinc daily (about 60 mg) with about 3000IU of vit D3, and B vit complex. A multivitamin is taken daily.

I also take cod liver oil and coconut oil sometimes multiple times a day. The coconut oil I sometimes rub on my face and leave on over night.

I occasionally break open several vit E capsules and mix a few drops of tea tree with it in my hand, before smearing all over my face. I just did that a minute ago, actually.

My diet is strict, anti-inflammatory, and involves lots of greens except my trigger foods which are tomatoes, spinach and white potatoes. Alcohol is a rarity for me and I always wear sunscreen during daylight hours, unless it's particularly overcast.

I've not had turmeric for over a year as it stains my orthodontic braces bright yellow!
    Hi

Whereabouts did you get the aloe vera gel? It sound positive about your IPL treatment. Do you wish that you had tried IPL rather
    than V beam pulsed dye laser first? The recovery time from IPL is far quicker and do you think it is safer, but just takes
    more sessions? Did you have an IPL test first? What setting was this on? Was this done at the Circle Hospital in Nottingham?
    I had an alcohol free face wash from the Body shop. I tried witchhazel and found it had alcohol in it and was no good.

Where did you get the coconut oil? I bought the turmeric in capsule form and vitamin D from
    Nu U Nutrition Clifton Moor York.

Thanks Phil

My GP first prescribed Rozex 0.75% and advised not to use any steroid creams on face. I use ketoconazole for dry red patches on skin and
    Nizoral shampoo. Have you tried Rutin - horse chestnut 500 mg? I currently have Holland and Barratt - multi vitamin, vitamin d, cod liver oil 1000mg
    Have you had luck with Rozex? I've been using it since September with good results.

I'm still on my elimination diet, cut out all that you mention plus fruits and vegetables and well, pretty much everything else. Gradually adding things back in. Dairy, caffeine, sugar seem not to bother me. I'm still plugging away at it since August and now at the stage of adding in things like tomatoes, peppers, cucumber.

I'm not sure if this counts as "affordable" or not but I think most of my benefit came from my regular skincare (i.e., not pharmaceuticals). But it's not cheap stuff. Mostly I use French dermatological lines like Uriage, Bioderma, Avene, Vichy.

Hi

Whereabouts did you get the aloe vera gel? It sound positive about your IPL treatment. Do you wish that you had tried IPL rather
    than V beam pulsed dye laser first? The recovery time from IPL is far quicker and do you think it is safer, but just takes
    more sessions? Did you have an IPL test first? What setting was this on? Was this done at the Circle Hospital in Nottingham?
    I had an alcohol free face wash from the Body shop. I tried witchhazel and found it had alcohol in it and was no good.

Where did you get the coconut oil? I bought the turmeric in capsule form and vitamin D from
    Nu U Nutrition Clifton Moor York.

Thanks Phil
    My strategy was to use PDL followed by IPL. PDL is aggressive and clears up the redness for me, but leaves the spotty look. My skin resembles polka dots. That's where IPL comes in.

IPL covers larger areas because it is not a spot treament, but it is a mild treatment. I've still areas on my temple (as in little patches and wisps of blotchy red skin) that the laser (PDL) missed last time, so that will be a job for a little more PDL.

IPL would not make a lot of difference to my temple areas. But since I'll be IPL on my entire face it will hopefully help all round, as I have been seeing general improvements.

My coconut oil is from Aldi supermarket. Cold pressed, organic.

I expect I will get turmeric in capsule form too.
    Last edited by darren1; 10th December 2018 at 11:28 AM.