Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redness concealer (for men)

Default Redness concealer (for men)

Hi all

Long time reader first time poster. I wanted to share a product that has really worked for me to conceal my rosacea. As a male in my mid-20s, this was new territory for me and I wanted to share it in case other men who are unfamiliar with make-up or concealer were interested.

If you want to cut to the chase, skip past my 'background' section below to the 'product' section'.

Background

I have suffered from rosacea (persistent baseline redness, flushing and pustules) on my nose region for about 2 years now and have tried many treatments under the supervision of a dermatologist. Long story short, we eventually managed to bring down the inflammation and pustules through oral minocycline (12 months) and topical finacea and metronidazole cream.

Anyway, since then I have struggled to deal with my baseline redness and flushing. I'm sure all of you know the feeling of constantly thinking about what your face looks like, being scared to talk to people, being scared to do anything in case you flush etc.

It's depressing and, frankly, can stop you living your life.

I have cycled through dozens of skincare products and haven't come across anything that could successfully 'treat' my redness or flushing, so the last few months I have been looking into products that can conceal rather than treat the redness. As a male in my mid 20s, this was new territory for me.

The product

Anyway, the other week I stumbled across a product from IT Cosmetics called Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF 50+. This is the first product I've ever tried that has:

(a) not aggravated my skin or giving me a breakout;
    (b) looked 'natural' (for a 25 year old male to wear); and
    (c) completely covered my redness and my flushing.

This last bit is the most important for me. This is the only product I have used that has helped me cover the flushing so that I am not constantly paranoid about whether I am going to flush.

One thing to note: the product is expensive (about $40USD) and comes in a number of different shades, so I would highly recommend you don't buy the product until you've had a chance to try a sample and are happy with it.

As always, as we all unfortunately have learnt the hard way, everyone's rosacea is different, but I just wanted to share something that has worked for me.

This is my no means a 'cure' or 'treatment' for rosacea, but I feel like I can finally start living my life again with confidence.

I also use this product, itís great, covers really well and has spf that my skin can tolerate. The founder has Rosacea so a lot of their products are geared towards us.

Samples seem hard to come by. I emailed the company to ask if samples are available.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

I use a foundation product called Oxygenetix, recommended by my dermatologist. It is supposed to be gentle enough to be used straight after laser treatment (though I just use it because my rosacea doesn't react to it). It provides quite good coverage. You can obtain samples of this product, as I recently did so.

I think a foundation product which actively tackles demodex mites would be helpful.

i use kalme concealer , have done for years - it really takes the redness down ...

Great to hear you found something that works.

RosaceaCare makes a great tinted Zinco cream that I still use after many years. Might be worth a try too.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I use a foundation product called Oxygenetix, recommended by my dermatologist. It is supposed to be gentle enough to be used straight after laser treatment (though I just use it because my rosacea doesn't react to it). It provides quite good coverage. You can obtain samples of this product, as I recently did so.

I think a foundation product which actively tackles demodex mites would be helpful.
    Is this the one?

https://www.effortlessskin.com/p-348...tion-15ml.aspx

Where did you obtain samples?
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Does this work for hiding broken capillaries as well?

Hi Darren,

Yes that is the right one. I got samples from Medical Aesthetics Group. Just email them a request. You can probably guess which two or three colours you may be so they don't have to send you unnecessary samples (e.g. if you have a pale white skin you will only probably fall into 2 or 3 of the many colours available).

This will cover up capillaries to some extent, though it depends how large they are. Really you need medications to reduce the appearance of the capillaries such as clonidine or moxonodine, mirtazapine, hydroxychloroquine and mepacrine. Zhongzhou cream will also help reduce redness.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Darren,

Yes that is the right one. I got samples from Medical Aesthetics Group. Just email them a request. You can probably guess which two or three colours you may be so they don't have to send you unnecessary samples (e.g. if you have a pale white skin you will only probably fall into 2 or 3 of the many colours available).
    This is the link then; https://www.magroup.co.uk/shop/make-...tix-foundation

Were the samples free? How long did they take to arrive? Did you go on to purchase their product in a larger bottle?
    Last edited by darren1; Yesterday at 04:51 PM.