Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea starting in multiple family members?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    I have been browsing the forum and as I have posted elsewhere here today I really think a lot of us have something completely different.

I do not tolerate all drugs to well, some ok some not. That seems to be a theme with quite a few on here.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    I have a large number of drug allergies, that have increased in numbers the last few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I have a large number of drug allergies, that have increased in numbers the last few years...
    Well I had a theory and ended up in some research project....

I was given metrodionzole two years ago and by day three it was unbearable beetroot red massive increase in tingling burning.

I stopped it, as time went on my symptoms became more and more regular and intrusive, then I noticed if I got close to a vaper it went mad.

So I looked back at my medication in particular metrodionzole and it said it was temp withdrawn due to needing new labeling as it stops your body processing propylene glycol and vapes are 50% PG. So I came to the conclusion I must be allergic to PG.

I also am fairly sure I react to drugs with PEG in them..

http://www.vle.eastmidlandsdeanery.n...iau%20Khan.pdf

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yes, I agree that it seems highly unlikely. But i canít figure out what it could be, and the symptoms are very similar. No change in soaps or detergents or foods or anything we can think of. We have changed things after the fact (water filters, drinking bottled water, etc.) but nothing seems to have been a clear trigger.
    Has there been an update? You said you guys havent changed soaps or anything until after the fact, maybe a product you have been using all along changed the formula without stating its different? Check labels, you never know. Its gotta be something you all use/come in contact with. That seems to happen more and more these days. A perfectly fine product suddenly isnt perfect anymore because companies change ingredients. Usually a profit margin greed thing. Just a thought 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Has there been an update? You said you guys havent changed soaps or anything until after the fact, maybe a product you have been using all along changed the formula without stating its different? Check labels, you never know. Its gotta be something you all use/come in contact with. That seems to happen more and more these days. A perfectly fine product suddenly isnt perfect anymore because companies change ingredients. Usually a profit margin greed thing. Just a thought 🙂
    Thanks for checking in! No update, other than Iím becoming increasingly worried that my daughter is developing rosacea. She has been flushing with sustained redness more lately, and it gets worse after eating or when sheís stressed. Iím really worried that something is making us all sick but I canít figure out what it is or how to fix it and most doctors are dismissing any link. I did see an allergist last week and they are going to test me in a week for environmental allergies and maybe that will give a clue. She said she has seen this in one family before where they werenít sure what was causing it but it happened when the family was home but not other places.

We have changed all soaps, laundry detergent, drink bottled water, have a filter on our shower head, and have air purifiers in all of our bedrooms. Our diet has changed a lot also and thereís no consistency between what we all eat (sadly, I donít eat most of what they do). I canít think of what else to try. I want to find someone like House who investigates weird medical things. :P

Twice now my response went to moderator land. Who knows it they will show up 😂

I wish I could be of some help. Are you charting food and reactions for your daughter? It struck me when you said she flares after eating (and stress) there could be a clue in there, gluten, histamines, etc

Good Luck with the allergist, maybe you can finally have an answer or at least something to point you in the right direction 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Good Luck with the allergist, maybe you can finally have an answer or at least something to point you in the right direction 😃
    Thanks! I really appreciate your commenting!

With my daughter, it could be a food allergy. It just seems unlikely that all three of us got something like this in the same year.

Any update? I'm interested because all my issues started about 4 years ago after moving into my new apartment... still dealing with mine too. Though in my case I doubt it's an environmental cause.

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    Any update? I'm interested because all my issues started about 4 years ago after moving into my new apartment... still dealing with mine too. Though in my case I doubt it's an environmental cause.
    No real update. I was tested for allergies to environmental factors but they didnít tell me clonazapam would mess up results so I didnít even react to the histamine! My other family members are supposed to have allergy tests so we will see...