Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rosacea starting in multiple family members?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No real update. I was tested for allergies to environmental factors but they didnít tell me clonazapam would mess up results so I didnít even react to the histamine! My other family members are supposed to have allergy tests so we will see...
    I have been hesitant to post this but since my wife stopped wearing makeup my symptoms have improved by 75%+ my swelling by a lot more. The realisation was over Christmas that the days she didn't wear it my symptoms were a lot more stable. It is totally mad but after 6+ years of ever increasing hell this is the longest period I have gone since Jan 21st I have swollen 3 times and had the awful tingling burning and pain 3 times. It's bubbling away at a much lower level but my sanity is slowly returning but I am splintered by the constant anticipation which is a bit like post traumatic stress/OCD.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    I have been hesitant to post this but since my wife stopped wearing makeup my symptoms have improved by 75%+ my swelling by a lot more. The realisation was over Christmas that the days she didn't wear it my symptoms were a lot more stable. It is totally mad but after 6+ years of ever increasing hell this is the longest period I have gone since Jan 21st I have swollen 3 times and had the awful tingling burning and pain 3 times. It's bubbling away at a much lower level but my sanity is slowly returning but I am splintered by the constant anticipation which is a bit like post traumatic stress/OCD.

Wow, interesting! Has she worn the same make up or perfume all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Wow, interesting! Has she worn the same make up or perfume all this time?
    For 30+ years apparently...

Two of the three time were randomly chosen days she wore it while I was out and happened when I came back.

I had asked her to do random days without me knowing.

It really does seem crazy I have eliminated everything I have used over the last two years. I realized it was environment driven when the swelling started two years ago as I could control the swelling by being outside, in the car etc. What has been apparent is that once it happens it take hours and hours for pain, tingling and burning to calm down it also flare up and down during that time as if I am more sensitive.