Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutera Excel V

Default Cutera Excel V

Hi,
    After a very successful IPL in June, I decided to have a final touch and opted for a Cutera vascular laser. With the same doctor.
    I don't know the exact settings, but what I recall is that the power was 8,6 joules for the whole face and 8,4 for the nose. It was extremely painful, despite the cooling tip. Much more painful than my IPL.
    Again, don't believe in "lunch" laser procedures. And don't believe that the downtime is minimal. Well, I have been extremely extremely (almost grotesquely) swollen for 5 days.
    It has been 13 days after the procedure and I do not know where I am in the healing process. I am not swollen anymore, but definitely redder than prior to the treatment. Unlike after my IPL, when I was immediately pale couple of hours after the treatment. In this respect, I can't tell whether this is a good or a bad thing. Does it mean that I worsened my condition? Or does it mean that the treatment was successful and that the darkening of blood vessels is a normal thing? I don't know. I hope it will gradually fade over time.
    But I am pretty bummed as I hoped very much for the same results as after the IPL.

Lena

What is interesting though is that Cutera seems to have had a positive effect on my flushing. It was really minimal prior to the treatment, yet it was there. Now I don't flush at all. And yet I am a little bit redder....

I'm actually kind of right where you're at. I had V Beam 2 weeks ago yesterday and, while the bruising is all gone, I look splotchier than I did before the treatment. Like you, my flushing is also greatly reduced.

My experience was similar to yours with IPL. If I was going to see results, I typically saw them within a few weeks. And it didn't normally take long for the post treatment redness to go down.

I think laser is very different from IPL. Most things I've read say to give it a few months (usually 3) to see the final results. I think for you and I it's still too early to tell right now.

Anyone who's done this before, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    I'm actually kind of right where you're at. I had V Beam 2 weeks ago yesterday and, while the bruising is all gone, I look splotchier than I did before the treatment. Like you, my flushing is also greatly reduced.

My experience was similar to yours with IPL. If I was going to see results, I typically saw them within a few weeks. And it didn't normally take long for the post treatment redness to go down.

I think laser is very different from IPL. Most things I've read say to give it a few months (usually 3) to see the final results. I think for you and I it's still too early to tell right now.

Anyone who's done this before, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
    Thanks so much!
    I am "fading" and becoming a normal pale version of myself. Luckily! But it is a slow process. Nobody can really tell the difference and my face looks normal - not even pinkish, and yet I can tell that my face is not back to normal. I already can tell that Cutera failed to tackle most of the vessels. Or is it too early to tell? It has been (only) two weeks. Tricky thing, those lasers...

Quote Originally Posted by ladycappuccino View Post
    Thanks so much!
    I am "fading" and becoming a normal pale version of myself. Luckily! But it is a slow process. Nobody can really tell the difference and my face looks normal - not even pinkish, and yet I can tell that my face is not back to normal. I already can tell that Cutera failed to tackle most of the vessels. Or is it too early to tell? It has been (only) two weeks. Tricky thing, those lasers...
    I would venture to say you probably aren't seeing the final results yet. How aggressive was the treatment? Did you bruise? I can't recall if you said you did or not..

Whenever I have laser or light treatment I have all my nutrional supplements prepared, with particular foods and facial topics to give my face the best chance of healing.

I hope you're taking plenty of Zinc, Vit C and all the rest while you heal?
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    I would venture to say you probably aren't seeing the final results yet. How aggressive was the treatment? Did you bruise? I can't recall if you said you did or not..
    I did not bruise. I have no clue about the pulse settings. As for the energy it was 8,6, except for the nose (8,4). For me it was a pretty aggressive treatment. It hurt like hell and I was EXTREMELY swollen.

It has been 19 days already and it's getting better and better. I basically returned to my normal color. But I still see broken caps that I tried to tackle with Cutera

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Whenever I have laser or light treatment I have all my nutrional supplements prepared, with particular foods and facial topics to give my face the best chance of healing.

I hope you're taking plenty of Zinc, Vit C and all the rest while you heal?
    Yes, I do. Maybe not PLENTY, but some

I had a consultation today at a clinic that offers the Cutera Excel V. We looked at the machine in detail and went through all the settings available.

I was told the downtime would be 12 hours, but i find that hard to believe. I would be thinking it's more like 2 weeks, but I could be wrong.

I'll be having a full-face PDL next week, and then taking a break for about 6 months from any kind of laser. I need to give each different type of light-based treatment a wide berth.

How did you heal up from the Excel V, ladycappuccino?
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

I healed quite fine. But 12 hours of a downtime sounds like a joke We are talking weeks here. I was extremely swollen for 5 days. The redness retreated completely within three weeks.
    But after one year, most of the telangiectasia reapeared.