Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone has this type of rosacea.

Default Does anyone has this type of rosacea.

Hello. I just want to say if anyone suffer from symptoms similar to mine, at age of 18, i had a full blown picture of type 2 rosacea, the main problem is the red bumps, very very dry skin over the bumps, my whole face is very bumpy and dry, i have rosacea every where, red face all over ( due to the presence of the bumps). Flaky skin, especially around my mouth, sometimes i cant open my mouth as its very dry and cracks, found some relief with some topicals but im back to point zero again.
    I have allergy towards all creams, any kind of cream cuz allergic reactions, i use metronidazole gel and erythromycin gel ( i know they have alcohol) but they were the only topicals that reduced my rosacea symptoms to nearly 80%, but after pregnancy i flared up again and cant control my rosacea.
    My main problem in life:
    1. Severe dryness and flaky skin very tight.
    2. Bumps and redness
    3. Severe bumpy skin all over my face

Anyone suffering from the same symptoms?
    And what treatment do u use
    Thanks alot in advance.
    I need ur help plz

Quote Originally Posted by Miaa View Post
    Hello. I just want to say if anyone suffer from symptoms similar to mine, at age of 18, i had a full blown picture of type 2 rosacea, the main problem is the red bumps, very very dry skin over the bumps, my whole face is very bumpy and dry, i have rosacea every where, red face all over ( due to the presence of the bumps). Flaky skin, especially around my mouth, sometimes i cant open my mouth as its very dry and cracks, found some relief with some topicals but im back to point zero again.
    I have allergy towards all creams, any kind of cream cuz allergic reactions, i use metronidazole gel and erythromycin gel ( i know they have alcohol) but they were the only topicals that reduced my rosacea symptoms to nearly 80%, but after pregnancy i flared up again and cant control my rosacea.
    My main problem in life:
    1. Severe dryness and flaky skin very tight.
    2. Bumps and redness
    3. Severe bumpy skin all over my face

Anyone suffering from the same symptoms?
    And what treatment do u use
    Thanks alot in advance.
    I need ur help plz
    My rosacea started in a similar way to yours (e.g. with dryness near the mouth/pustules there). Have you tried Soolantra cream which is intended for rosacea, as are the creams you suggest above (but some people find Soolantra more helpful). If it is a demodex mite infestation you have, then any topical which does not tackle the mites is likely to feed the mites/encourage their activity and make the condition worse. Until I tackled the mites, I could not use any other topical. Have you tried doxycycline? This is not a perfect solution but is intended to help reduce the pustules. Demodex mites are particularly associated with pustular rosacea. Because it is impacting on your whole face quite widespread I think it will be quite hard to tackle topically alone, so some kind of oral treatment is likely to help.

A non medical solution is tea tree oil (e.g. Thursday Plantation brand) in a 1:4 concentration with a carrier oil such as grapeseed oil (e.g. Neals Yard brand) or almond oil. A tea tree oil shampoo is also helpful, as these mites live in your hair, so if you don't tackle the mites in the hair, they will crawl on to your face as soon as you kill the ones on your face. MSM (e.g. Solgar brand), olive leaf extract (e.g. Solgar brand) and oregano oil can be taken as supplements to help manage the mites as well.

Do you have any flushing or only pustules/dryness currently?
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 11th November 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    My rosacea started in a similar way to yours (e.g. with dryness near the mouth/pustules there). Have you tried Soolantra cream which is intended for rosacea, as are the creams you suggest above (but some people find Soolantra more helpful). If it is a demodex mite infestation you have, then any topical which does not tackle the mites is likely to feed the mites/encourage their activity and make the condition worse. Until I tackled the mites, I could not use any other topical. Have you tried doxycycline? This is not a perfect solution but is intended to help reduce the pustules. Demodex mites are particularly associated with pustular rosacea. Because it is impacting on your whole face quite widespread I think it will be quite hard to tackle topically alone, so some kind of oral treatment is likely to help.

A non medical solution is tea tree oil (e.g. Thursday Plantation brand) in a 1:4 concentration with a carrier oil such as grapeseed oil (e.g. Neals Yard brand) or almond oil. A tea tree oil shampoo is also helpful, as these mites live in your hair, so if you don't tackle the mites in the hair, they will crawl on to your face as soon as you kill the ones on your face. MSM (e.g. Solgar brand), olive leaf extract (e.g. Solgar brand) and oregano oil can be taken as supplements to help manage the mites as well.

Do you have any flushing or only pustules/dryness currently?

Hello thanks alot for ur reply and help.
    1. I dont have soolantra cream in my country and there arent any alternatives also.
    2. I have allergy from any oil( i have used almond oil before, got severe allergy)
    3. Can i dilute the tea tree oil with water instead of oil? And what will be the ratio.
    4. I have used before a tea tree oil shampoo but it dried out my help and caused increase in dandruffs
    So i really dont know what to do and not sure if my rosacea is caused by demodex infestation or not
    I have many digestive problems, IBs and lactose intolerance.
    Thanks again for ur help

why not try importing soolantra from another country then ? its not that hard to do ...

Tto can't be diluted in water. If you are allergic to almond oil, try sea buckthorn oil or MCT oil. The best ratio is 1:1, it means 50% concentration of tto.
    The increase of dandruff isn't necessarily a bad thing. The infected skin goes away in the beginning of a successful treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Tto can't be diluted in water. If you are allergic to almond oil, try sea buckthorn oil or MCT oil. The best ratio is 1:1, it means 50% concentration of tto.
    The increase of dandruff isn't necessarily a bad thing. The infected skin goes away in the beginning of a successful treatment.
    I agree it is not ideal to dilute TTO in water. However, I have done this in mineral water (I wouldn't use tap water as the chlorine in tap water can irritate the skin). It seems to me that if the skin is this sensitive, you may need to start with an oral medication (e.g. doxycycline) before you can get the benefit from topicals.

Hydrogen peroxide 3% can also kill mites and is easier diluted in mineral water in my experience than TTO. Sometimes I buy and use the 3% hydrogen peroxide without diluting it - this depends how sensitive your skin is. I'd definitely dilute hydrogen peroxide 6% as this is too strong to put on neat.

I think tackling dietary issues would be very helpful for your IBS and your skin problems potentially. Have you tried removing grains from your diet (all flour, rice, oats)? I think this is a really important route (though hard to get right) for you to explore thoroughly, and may take some time to get the results you desire...

A supplement that can help with grain and dairy intolerance is Integrative Therapeutics Similase GFCF. I've tried other similar supplements that haven't worked well for me, but this one really does make a difference. You will have to order this internationally if you are not in the US.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 18th November 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    why not try importing soolantra from another country then ? its not that hard to do ...
    In my country isn't available also.
    Now i'm using soolantra , cause a friend of mine went in Italy for vocations and bought few
    Would u please tell me how can i import it, do u know any website?
    Last edited by profion; 19th November 2018 at 08:14 PM.

How can i get from another country? It needs prescription right?

Quote Originally Posted by Miaa View Post
    How can i get from another country? It needs prescription right?
    it depends on where you order it from ... some places here in the uk do an online consultation and then prescribe it , that is how i first got it.

google is your friend here , try doing some targeted searching ie "soolantra uk"

theres at least 5 places that do it

it depends on where you order it from ... some places here in the uk do an online consultation and then prescribe it , that is how i first got it.

google is your friend here , try doing some targeted searching ie "soolantra uk"

theres at least 5 places that do it
    Oh great i didnt know that. I live in dubai, can i still do this online consultations?