Thread: Has anyone cured there steroid induced rosacea?

Default Has anyone cured there steroid induced rosacea?

I used a potent steroid called. Neoprosone for 6 months. Ever since ive had to deal with rosacea type 2 papules and cysts. I only get papules/cysts when i eat anything thats not a vegetable. My diets so restricted its horrible. Has anyone in my situation managed to cure yours or at least keep it under control?

Might want to spend time reading the posts in this link, particularly scrolling down to the subheading Treatment in this post.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

That wasnt really helpful but thanks for tryin

Hi. I have rosacea type 2 (redness, p&ps) and had some really bad textural problems (plaques, peeling, dryness, oil, acne). I was given a steroid for it which I used on and off for 5 years. Finally a few months ago I got a new dermatologist who said actually I have demodectic rosacea, throw away the steroids, never use them again, treat the demodex instead. Which I did, now the only one of the symptoms that still persists is the redness, though it is very much reduced.

There is I think good reason to suspect that what I have now is steroid-induced rosacea, and the demodectic rosacea is either 'cured' or so well controlled it may as well have been.

I am working on it with metrogel and probably will get laser treatments soon. The metrogel has been working pretty well. It took about 4 weeks (maybe a little longer) to start working, and I had to start really slow with it (not every night, mixing it into moisturizer, tiny amounts) but now I'm using it every night and I do think it helps.

For me the trick was to 1) stop using steroids, 2) treat the underlying problem (demodex), and now 3) try to chip away at the remaining redness which may well be steroid-induced. It's hard to say but I was using that garbage for FIVE YEARS.

I too went on an elimination diet but I had a different experience; my food triggers seem to be tomatoes and "eating too much" (not sure exactly about that -- maybe it was high sugar or gluten or something -- I'm STILL doing the diet so still working out what I can get away with). Plus there may well be other food triggers I've yet to identify since I haven't been eating that wide variety yet!

Some of the foods that I rely on, that have not caused me any issues, are sweet potatoes, fish, and nuts. However that doesn't mean they wouldn't bother you. But I eat those almost every day.

What did u use to control ur demodex

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    Hi. I have rosacea type 2 (redness, p&ps) and had some really bad textural problems (plaques, peeling, dryness, oil, acne). I was given a steroid for it which I used on and off for 5 years. Finally a few months ago I got a new dermatologist who said actually I have demodectic rosacea, throw away the steroids, never use them again, treat the demodex instead. Which I did, now the only one of the symptoms that still persists is the redness, though it is very much reduced.

There is I think good reason to suspect that what I have now is steroid-induced rosacea, and the demodectic rosacea is either 'cured' or so well controlled it may as well have been.

I am working on it with metrogel and probably will get laser treatments soon. The metrogel has been working pretty well. It took about 4 weeks (maybe a little longer) to start working, and I had to start really slow with it (not every night, mixing it into moisturizer, tiny amounts) but now I'm using it every night and I do think it helps.

For me the trick was to 1) stop using steroids, 2) treat the underlying problem (demodex), and now 3) try to chip away at the remaining redness which may well be steroid-induced. It's hard to say but I was using that garbage for FIVE YEARS.

I too went on an elimination diet but I had a different experience; my food triggers seem to be tomatoes and "eating too much" (not sure exactly about that -- maybe it was high sugar or gluten or something -- I'm STILL doing the diet so still working out what I can get away with). Plus there may well be other food triggers I've yet to identify since I haven't been eating that wide variety yet!

Some of the foods that I rely on, that have not caused me any issues, are sweet potatoes, fish, and nuts. However that doesn't mean they wouldn't bother you. But I eat those almost every day.
    Wat did u use to control ur demodex mites

Too much to write here, see post #10 here for what I did. https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...be-disturbing)