Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New topical regime really, really working

  1. #1
    Senior Member queta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    707

    Default New topical regime really, really working

    Hello:
    I have been away from this forum for a long time but wanted to pop in and report my success with a new topical regime. I am a middle aged female with ocular and phymatous rosacea with some flushing and redness as well. I have done all kinds of things to help my rosacea; topical, diet, prescriptions, etc. A few months ago I happened to find an article saying that demodex mites might play more of a role in some individual's rosacea than previously thought and offered a natural solution so I thought I would try it. It has been about 6 weeks since I started this nightly regime and my skin and eyes continue to look better and better. My rough, swollen skin and enlarged pores have improved a lot. My eyes look brighter now and I look healthier. It seems like my skin is healing. Even some of the wrinkles that were starting to show as a result of my facial swelling have decreased. I used to use a red light for a few minutes daily and I have found that I don't need to anymore.

    Now for the regime:
    Mix .5 TBL melted coconut oil (I put it in a the micro for a few seconds because it hardens at room temp) and 5-6 drop tea tree oil. Apply to face and leave on for 40 minutes each evening. I put some on my eyebrows and a little above my eyes but use extreme caution because tea tree oil will really burn your eyes if you get some in them. After waiting 40 minutes, wash off your face and do your usual nightly skin routine. For awhile after I was done washing my face I would use coconut oil as a moisturizer because I read that mites don't like it. I also threw out my mascara and tried avoiding wearing mascara anymore than I need to. I have blond eyelashes though, so I pretty much use it when going out but I was buying new mascara every few weeks because I read that eye makeup can harbor mites.

    I can't promise that this will help anyone, but it did help me tremendously. I find that I can now eat more foods that I was avoiding to keep the swelling down. I still watch my diet and keep it pretty low carb overall but I have cheated and eaten a little pizza this week and my skin still looks really good. I couldn't be happier. Hope that this helps someone else.

    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default Try PROBIOTICS!

    Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hello:
    I have been away from this forum for a long time but wanted to pop in and report my success with a new topical regime. I am a middle aged female with ocular and phymatous rosacea with some flushing and redness as well. I have done all kinds of things to help my rosacea; topical, diet, prescriptions, etc. A few months ago I happened to find an article saying that demodex mites might play more of a role in some individual's rosacea than previously thought and offered a natural solution so I thought I would try it. It has been about 6 weeks since I started this nightly regime and my skin and eyes continue to look better and better. My rough, swollen skin and enlarged pores have improved a lot. My eyes look brighter now and I look healthier. It seems like my skin is healing. Even some of the wrinkles that were starting to show as a result of my facial swelling have decreased. I used to use a red light for a few minutes daily and I have found that I don't need to anymore.

    Now for the regime:
    Mix .5 TBL melted coconut oil (I put it in a the micro for a few seconds because it hardens at room temp) and 5-6 drop tea tree oil. Apply to face and leave on for 40 minutes each evening. I put some on my eyebrows and a little above my eyes but use extreme caution because tea tree oil will really burn your eyes if you get some in them. After waiting 40 minutes, wash off your face and do your usual nightly skin routine. For awhile after I was done washing my face I would use coconut oil as a moisturizer because I read that mites don't like it. I also threw out my mascara and tried avoiding wearing mascara anymore than I need to. I have blond eyelashes though, so I pretty much use it when going out but I was buying new mascara every few weeks because I read that eye makeup can harbor mites.

    I can't promise that this will help anyone, but it did help me tremendously. I find that I can now eat more foods that I was avoiding to keep the swelling down. I still watch my diet and keep it pretty low carb overall but I have cheated and eaten a little pizza this week and my skin still looks really good. I couldn't be happier. Hope that this helps someone else.

    Queta
    My husband had bad Rosacea. He took a round of antibiotics for an unrelated infection and then took the probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii MOS made by Jarrow Formulas to help re-establish his gut bacteria. Well, those probiotics almost totally cleared up his Rosacea after 3-4 weeks! He is going to continue taking it. Here is one site you can buy it from: https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Saccha...robiotics&th=1
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Senior Member queta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdmwisman View Post
    My husband had bad Rosacea. He took a round of antibiotics for an unrelated infection and then took the probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii MOS made by Jarrow Formulas to help re-establish his gut bacteria. Well, those probiotics almost totally cleared up his Rosacea after 3-4 weeks! He is going to continue taking it. Here is one site you can buy it from: https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Saccha...robiotics&th=1
    Good luck!
    Thank you. I'm glad that you mentioned that. I have found that probiotics do often help.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #4
    Senior Member dryad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    233
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Tea tree oil is how I turned the corner too.

    After a lifetime pooh-poohing "natural remedies" I really had to eat crow with this one. My father is a pharmacologist with a particular interest in pharmacognosy (drugs derived from herbs and other plants) and he reminded me that many, many prescription drugs are just reformulations of naturally occurring compounds. Tea tree oil is the real deal.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    251
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hello:
    I have been away from this forum for a long time but wanted to pop in and report my success with a new topical regime. I am a middle aged female with ocular and phymatous rosacea with some flushing and redness as well. I have done all kinds of things to help my rosacea; topical, diet, prescriptions, etc. A few months ago I happened to find an article saying that demodex mites might play more of a role in some individual's rosacea than previously thought and offered a natural solution so I thought I would try it. It has been about 6 weeks since I started this nightly regime and my skin and eyes continue to look better and better. My rough, swollen skin and enlarged pores have improved a lot. My eyes look brighter now and I look healthier. It seems like my skin is healing. Even some of the wrinkles that were starting to show as a result of my facial swelling have decreased. I used to use a red light for a few minutes daily and I have found that I don't need to anymore.

    Now for the regime:
    Mix .5 TBL melted coconut oil (I put it in a the micro for a few seconds because it hardens at room temp) and 5-6 drop tea tree oil. Apply to face and leave on for 40 minutes each evening. I put some on my eyebrows and a little above my eyes but use extreme caution because tea tree oil will really burn your eyes if you get some in them. After waiting 40 minutes, wash off your face and do your usual nightly skin routine. For awhile after I was done washing my face I would use coconut oil as a moisturizer because I read that mites don't like it. I also threw out my mascara and tried avoiding wearing mascara anymore than I need to. I have blond eyelashes though, so I pretty much use it when going out but I was buying new mascara every few weeks because I read that eye makeup can harbor mites.

    I can't promise that this will help anyone, but it did help me tremendously. I find that I can now eat more foods that I was avoiding to keep the swelling down. I still watch my diet and keep it pretty low carb overall but I have cheated and eaten a little pizza this week and my skin still looks really good. I couldn't be happier. Hope that this helps someone else.

    Queta
    Iím so happy to hear this, I have the same subtype so itís music to my very itchy ears. My vascular flare up caused my pores to swell and I have orange peel texture, inflamed skin. I hope your progress continues, please keep us updated.

  6. #6
    Senior Member queta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    Iím so happy to hear this, I have the same subtype so itís music to my very itchy ears. My vascular flare up caused my pores to swell and I have orange peel texture, inflamed skin. I hope your progress continues, please keep us updated.
    Hello:
    My skin still looks good. If I am really bad with my diet (too many carbs or sugar) my skin does still swell a little but it's really improved. I stayed out late one night and missed my regimen; unfortunately, it seems that even missing one night causes some of the swelling to return. It wasn't bad at all, though. I continue to use this regimen diligently. I stopped putting the oil on my chin and under my nose because I was getting pimples quite a bit. I now skip those areas and wash my face twice after the coconut oil/tea tree oil mask. I then let my skin breathe for a few minutes and then put on Aveeno Ultra Calming daily moisturizer. I use that lotion in the evening before bed and in the daytime. It has 15 spf. In summer I use a different Aveeno product during the day that has 30 spf, but I really prefer the Ultra Calming lotion better.

    Take care!
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #7
    Senior Member queta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    707

    Default Update: Regimen still working, added Zinco

    Hi:
    My regimen is still working (tea tree and coconut oil 30-40 minutes nightly) but I have added a few things that made my skin even better. I use Zinco cream during the day and after washing off my tea tree and coconut oil mask at night I put coconut oil on my face before going to bed. My skin has not looked this good in years. I still have to watch the carbs and sugar but overall this is amazing. I also have found that eating wild caught salmon a few days a week helps my skin as well.

    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    273
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hi:
    My regimen is still working (tea tree and coconut oil 30-40 minutes nightly) but I have added a few things that made my skin even better. I use Zinco cream during the day and after washing off my tea tree and coconut oil mask at night I put coconut oil on my face before going to bed. My skin has not looked this good in years. I still have to watch the carbs and sugar but overall this is amazing. I also have found that eating wild caught salmon a few days a week helps my skin as well.

    Queta
    Incorporate bone broth into your diet as much as possible too if you haven't already done so. Glad you're tea tree oil regime is helping. I have used it on and off over the years.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

    • Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Similar Threads

  1. Caveman Regime?
    By jimmymacc in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2017, 05:52 AM
  2. New To This & My Regime
    By Jem78210 in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th March 2014, 04:19 PM
  3. What is your skin regime?
    By KTiburcio in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th October 2013, 01:26 AM
  4. Dr Sy's regime?
    By nimbuszero in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd October 2007, 12:56 PM
  5. How long does it take to know topical Metro is not working?
    By Flint in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th April 2006, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •