Thread: Coffee and caffeine reduce the risk of rosacea

Default Coffee and caffeine reduce the risk of rosacea

Coffee and caffeine reduce the risk of rosacea

Researchers studying a large group of rosacea sufferers and non-rosacea sufferers have discovered that there is a link between caffeinated coffee intake and a reduction in the incidence of rosacea. Could your daily visit to your coffee shop be relieving your rosacea symptoms? Read on to find out what the study actually discovered.

[[...READ MORE...]]

Related Articles

Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Maybe so, but perhaps we should make sure the coffee is not too hot, as hot drinks are surely a trigger for many.

People with Rosacea are far more likely to avoid coffee because its a trigger. I wonder if that is accounted for in the results. For many on here, the heat will be a trigger which will make it temporarily worse unless you drink it cold. Correlation does not equal causation but maybe there is something in the coffee that improves gut bacteria or something like that.

Coffee doesn't seem to feature as a trigger as much as one might imagine. Just my subjective opinion though.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Ok, I read the article properly, my above post doesn't make any sense because the study was on people who havdn't develoed rosacea yet, 4 cups of coffee reduced the risk of rosacea developing by 23%. That's great news and they want to research it further to see if it also helps people who already have the condition, I have been drinking 4 cups a day cold/tepid for a week and i will keep drinking that much for two months to see if it will do anything positive for me and my rosacea.

A forum member called Erin says her skin has improved since she replaced tea(with milk and sugar) with coffee, another member called Dryad says his/her skin has improved since he/she has started drinking it but can't say if its the coffee but it won't make things worse, they have both posted to this thread I started in the diet section of this website.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...104#post347104
    Last edited by andydoyle; 24th December 2018 at 09:22 PM.

My experience has been the opposite. I can binge drink alcohol for months and my skin will not react as badly as drinking a cup of coffee a day. I got a coffeemaker a few months ago and ended up drinking coffee everyday. Only months later did I notice a pattern of having to come back to my laser spa constantly having to remove new spider veins from my cheeks over and over, when normally I'd never gotten them nearly as frequently and as bad before. I put two and two together. I've been off coffee for good and I can say that even before treating the veins some of them had gotten much better since I quit. Oh and I always drink my coffee cold. Something to think about it.

Default Is Coffee a Rosacea Trigger?

This is a FAQ.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi