Thread: Seborrheic dermatitis bleeding

Default Seborrheic dermatitis bleeding

Hi all, I'm a new user here but have read a lot of the forum posts on here.

I'll just tell you a little about my backstory. I'm 18 and had pretty bad acne a few years ago. I had antibiotics and topical and nothing cleared it until I went on accutane, which cleared the acne but caused me to have back pain and very dry skin, but that's against the point of this post.

About a year and a half ago, I had a very itchy dry rash on my face and chest which I went to the doctor about and he said it was a fungal infection, gave me some hydrocortisone cream. It cleared it up for a while and then it came back. I returned to the doctor and he said use it again if it worked. So I used it again and it cleared up mostly and came back very mildly probably every month or so and then the cream sorted it out.

But a few weeks ago I got the flu, or a very bad cold at least. And along with it came the worst outbreak of my face rash I'd ever had. It was very very itchy and sore and looked horrendous. It had small white flakes and redness on my cheeks and nose and was spreading to my sideburns and chin. I went to the doctor about it and he said he thinks it is seborrheic dermatitis because I had small white flakes on my cheeks along with red patches.

However he said he is not entirely sure so referred me to a private dermatologist (I was willing to pay to be seen to quickly as my face was super itchy and sore at this point). The derm said he agreed with my doctor that it was seb derm and gave me nizoral cream. I tried this and it didn't seem to do anything so I started to do my own research into seb derm.

I discovered that salt water was successful for some people so I tried it and it worked wonderfully. However it only worked once and then the next time it was useless and the flakes and redness returned. I then tried apple cider vinegar which just made it burn and seemed to make it worse. I've also tried sulphur soap which makes it sting, and sqalane oil which seems to help for an hour and then the flakes just return. Nothing seems to help the redness though. Showers make it sting and it is so so so itchy all the time it is unbearable and is bringing me down all the time.

What I did notice this morning though is that my face now has red scabs that bleed if I touch them which is strange and my face is so sore like more than ever, it seems if I manage to get rid of the flakes it just makes it more sore and then they come back within hours. I do have some mild dandruff in my hair but nothing major.

I'll attach a picture of what my face looked like this morning and hopefully some of you can help me.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by BullTurner; 4th November 2018 at 01:53 PM.