Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Buying a Red Light in Ireland/Europe

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    72
    Country: Ireland

    Default Buying a Red Light in Ireland/Europe

    Hi, I'm looking to buy a red light in Ireland/Europe (to treat rosacea) without importing one from America because I don't want to have to pay customs duties, what is the most commonly used red light that people have bought in Europe that they would reccomend ? Or if you don't know which is the most commonly used one , which one do you use if you are happy with it ?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    202
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a red light in Ireland/Europe (to treat rosacea) without importing one from America because I don't want to have to pay customs duties, what is the most commonly used red light that people have bought in Europe that they would reccomend ? Or if you don't know which is the most commonly used one , which one do you use if you are happy with it ?

    Thank you
    I can recommend the handheld device from the red lightman. I'm very happy with it. I use it daily for short bursts which works best for me (stops my face overheating).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    473
    Country: Bahamas

    Default

    Yeh the two most common used lights I would have to say are
    Redlighman and pure red from smarterlites. ( I got email saying there not making pure red anymore but that was awhile ago.,they might still)

    Redlighman box is the most powerful light ever. Itís insane the amount of heat and power it produces.
    I would tend to think the more powerful and potent the light the better results. However Iím not sure if thatís correct. I got better calming effects from pure red from smarterlites. More of a plumping effect from the redlighman box but not calming. Still testing the distances from the face but itís complicated to figure out the time and distance that will make your face calm. Everyoneís face is different.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Have you read up about the one forum member IowaDavid created? There are tons of posts on it here, including progress pictures.

    The website is http://soothingrainlight.com/Home/

    Sadly, David passed away not long ago. However, I bought one of his devices a couple of years ago but don't use it anymore. I'm willing to sell it if you're interested.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    72
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Thanks for your responses, did you just buy the red light emz ? not a combination of amber and red . How much was it , I see small ones for 114 euro and bigger ones for 240 euro.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    72
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    The david pacoe red light looks pretty expensive at 500 dollars. Did you buy the one pictured in this link bubrubb?

    http://soothingrainlight.com/Home/store/

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    202
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Thanks for your responses, did you just buy the red light emz ? not a combination of amber and red . How much was it , I see small ones for 114 euro and bigger ones for 240 euro.
    I bought the combination of amber and red but can't remember why I decided on that. I think either would be fine. It's the small one not the box light. I fine it more than powerful enough.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    72
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Thanks for that recommendation Emz

    has it done anything to reduce background redness ?, you say it has helped stop facial overheating.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    The david pacoe red light looks pretty expensive at 500 dollars. Did you buy the one pictured in this link bubrubb?

    http://soothingrainlight.com/Home/store/
    Yes, that's the one. I've not used mine a lot, my skin doesn't appear to tolerate it. I live in the EU, just in case you were wondering. I had to pay Ä100+ custom fees when I bought it

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    202
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Thanks for that recommendation Emz

    has it done anything to reduce background redness ?, you say it has helped stop facial overheating.
    Sorry for my slow reply. I really couldn't say if it's helped for back ground redness as my redness has continued to get a little worse over time. I belive it has helped significantly with flushing, especially as a reaction to temperature changes.

Similar Threads

  1. Red Light Therapy giving me red face
    By bubbrubb in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th March 2016, 04:51 PM
  2. anyone from ireland / northern ireland?
    By brian mcguinness in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th March 2015, 07:35 PM
  3. Low Level Red Light Therapy (Acnelamp Red) Update
    By IowaDavid in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 03:40 AM
  4. Low level light therapy vs red light therapy for edema/swelling
    By philmitchel in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th December 2012, 05:34 PM
  5. Anyone interested in buying an All Red Two Head Acnelamp?
    By Eric in forum Low level light based therapies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th November 2008, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •