Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Progress Photos!! (may be disturbing)

Congratulations. Happy for you that your skin has improved!

Btw, may i know what caused the first photo? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by icecreambananapi View Post
    Congratulations. Happy for you that your skin has improved!

Btw, may i know what caused the first photo? Thanks!
    Thank you! I had rosacea for about 4 years with worsening flare-ups. But never QUITE this bad. I put a well-tolerated cream on my face that had a few drops of tea tree essential oil in it, and that caused this reaction. What you're seeing is a large population of demodex mites that have died (tea tree oil kills them) that my immune system is reacting to (immune system overreacts to their dead, decomposing bodies... yeah, it's pretty gross...)

So this is basically an allergic reaction intentionally brought on by trying to reduce the population of mites causing the original problem. As a result of weathering this storm, my baseline redness is dramatically reduced, and my skin texture is the best it's been in decades (seriously. I had bad texture, including adult acne, even pre-rosacea -- all gone now).

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    Thank you! I had rosacea for about 4 years with worsening flare-ups. But never QUITE this bad. I put a well-tolerated cream on my face that had a few drops of tea tree essential oil in it, and that caused this reaction. What you're seeing is a large population of demodex mites that have died (tea tree oil kills them) that my immune system is reacting to (immune system overreacts to their dead, decomposing bodies... yeah, it's pretty gross...)

So this is basically an allergic reaction intentionally brought on by trying to reduce the population of mites causing the original problem. As a result of weathering this storm, my baseline redness is dramatically reduced, and my skin texture is the best it's been in decades (seriously. I had bad texture, including adult acne, even pre-rosacea -- all gone now).
    Omg. It's demodex mites? It's my first time hearing such thing! I'm really glad it's cured now for you! Hoping for the best in achieving clear skin!

Quote Originally Posted by icecreambananapi View Post
    Omg. It's demodex mites? It's my first time hearing such thing! I'm really glad it's cured now for you! Hoping for the best in achieving clear skin!
    Demodex mites are not the ONLY reason you can have rosacea, but it is one of the big ones. I was first diagnosed with an excessive infestation of mites by an opthalmologist (they also love eyelashes) and then my dermatologist told me it was demodex causing my rosacea in early August. The reaction seems to confirm, since they really do not like tea tree oil! (I used tea tree oil face wash for many years with no problems, I get no reaction from putting tea tree oil anywhere else on my body or even on my non-rosacea areas of my face.)

My mom suffered from severe rosacea for FORTY YEARS and is only now, since August, treating it as demodex mites and is having a quite impressive improvement herself.

But there are other things that cause rosacea as well. "Rosacea" really is just referring to what it looks like, rather than what causes it!

Wow, congrats! There is definite improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    Demodex mites are not the ONLY reason you can have rosacea, but it is one of the big ones. I was first diagnosed with an excessive infestation of mites by an opthalmologist (they also love eyelashes) and then my dermatologist told me it was demodex causing my rosacea in early August. The reaction seems to confirm, since they really do not like tea tree oil! (I used tea tree oil face wash for many years with no problems, I get no reaction from putting tea tree oil anywhere else on my body or even on my non-rosacea areas of my face.)

My mom suffered from severe rosacea for FORTY YEARS and is only now, since August, treating it as demodex mites and is having a quite impressive improvement herself.

But there are other things that cause rosacea as well. "Rosacea" really is just referring to what it looks like, rather than what causes it!

I was thinking of getting pre and probiotics and a vitamin store you think it helps much?

I have been off the forum for a long time, but recently posted in the Topical Section about my use of tea tree and coconut oil nightly. I realize that I am very fortunate that I didn't have to do anything else to help my skin, but I wanted to share my very positive results so I came back on this forum. Then clicking around I saw your post and pictures. You look great! Hope that your regimen works for others.

Queta
    Last edited by queta; 6th November 2018 at 03:17 AM.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Shotsfired24 View Post
    I was thinking of getting pre and probiotics and a vitamin store you think it helps much?
    I only used them during the time I was taking doxycycline, and only in order to prevent negative side effects from the doxy. I stopped taking them as soon as I came off doxy. I don't see a reason to use them if one is not also taking antibiotics at the same time. I find them rather expensive, and imagine a healthy diet is probably adequate as long as there are no antibiotics in your body. I do eat Greek yogurt most days of the week.

Queta, thank you! I'm glad you're doing great too!!