Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had Vbeam 4 days ago, cheeks still red and also nose is breaking out in small pimples

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames420 View Post
    wow, your cheeks looked exactly like mine were and still are.

Your results are great, is that good or is it bc of the lighting?

Wish I had half the results you had, wow.
    The lighting definitely plays a part no doubt, but for me it really helped the burning as well, which is my main issue. I think you can see quite clearly between the first photo and the one with bruises (which was only 2 days after the laser) that the redness cleared up significantly. For me, the redness was never the issue, and barley noticeable. The burning sensation was the main issue, and this last treatment really sorted it out for the last 6 months. My skin in the last 6 months was nowhere near perfect, donít get me wrong, but manageable.

I might add, I have another laser at the end of the this month, as my skin has started to regress over the last month. Will update results when I have had it.

I have had I think 16 vbeams now, and I would say if you have persistent redness, bruising is essential. But thatís just me, might be different for different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shotsfired24 View Post
    Wow dude that vbeam did amazing things to your roscea. Iím assuming your subtype 1 and had persistent redness? Your skin color helps Iím fair skin so my whitty face really shows the red and I have it worse then you I donít have visible veins but I do have it on my cheeks, nose going up to my temple. Those really are encouraging results.

My derm keeps telling me though that bruising isnít nessarly for roscea smh.
    Hey man. Yeah mild persistent redness, but the burning sensation and flushing was my main problem. Yeah, only subtype 1. I would say bruising is more effective if you have persistent redness, but if you only have flushing and burning (like I used to have), bruising wasnít necessary for me back then. Hope that helps.

It's been nearly 3 months since my last PDL, which was heavy bruising, and I still haven't totally recovered. There's still mild redness from the laser which is fading.

There's still a lot of redness left on my face generally but some of it, mostly on the temples, has cleared up.

The cheeks seem a little more stubborn but I'm continuing to see faint circles of normal skin tone emerging amongst the redness.

Really, no gaps should have been left between the spot treatments. The laser zaps should have been much more closely grouped together, although the derm said that wasn't neccessary.

Also shaking my head.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

I have KPRF on my cheeks and have had 2 PDL treatments. The first one was 7.0 joules at 10ms and the second was 7.5 joules at 10ms. I saw you did 13 joules at 3ms. I don't think the settings I did it at were effective. I'm still healing from 2nd treatment however. What settings would you recommend for my cheeks? Here are some pictures of them.

IMG-9299.jpgIMG-9298.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    I have KPRF on my cheeks and have had 2 PDL treatments. The first one was 7.0 joules at 10ms and the second was 7.5 joules at 10ms. I saw you did 13 joules at 3ms. I don't think the settings I did it at were effective. I'm still healing from 2nd treatment however. What settings would you recommend for my cheeks? Here are some pictures of them.

IMG-9299.jpgIMG-9298.jpg
    Whatís most important is that you go to someone who has vast experience and knowledge of lasers. Thereís no ďrightĒ setting, it really depends on the person. Also, bruising will happen at different settings for each person, and even the same person at different treatments. For example, back in 2017, I bruised at 3ms and 8 joules, but my last treatment, I only bruised at 3ms and 11 joules. Probably because the more treatments you get, the more resistant you are to the laser. Bruising is definitely the most effective treatment for persistent redness. Bruising comes up almost instantly, so the derm should be able to find the right settings to bruise you pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Whatís most important is that you go to someone who has vast experience and knowledge of lasers. Thereís no ďrightĒ setting, it really depends on the person. Also, bruising will happen at different settings for each person, and even the same person at different treatments. For example, back in 2017, I bruised at 3ms and 8 joules, but my last treatment, I only bruised at 3ms and 11 joules. Probably because the more treatments you get, the more resistant you are to the laser. Bruising is definitely the most effective treatment for persistent redness. Bruising comes up almost instantly, so the derm should be able to find the right settings to bruise you pretty easily.

Ok thanks so much. The derm treating me definitely knows what she is doing but she wants to avoid bruising for my sake. I'll tell her I rather have it bruise and try settings until we can get it to. Thanks again man.

Ok thanks so much. The derm treating me definitely knows what she is doing but she wants to avoid bruising for my sake. I'll tell her I rather have it bruise and try settings until we can get it to. Thanks again man.
    I understand why she wants to avoid bruising, mainly because it carries more risk of hyperpigmentation. However, with your KPRF redness, the bruising will be more effective. I fear that you wonít get much out of non bruising treatments in terms of baseline redness, although I expect it will help your flushing. Any questions, let me know. Iíve had a lot of vbeams and my last one was very effective, but have one booked for 2 weeks time.

I understand why she wants to avoid bruising, mainly because it carries more risk of hyperpigmentation. However, with your KPRF redness, the bruising will be more effective. I fear that you wonít get much out of non bruising treatments in terms of baseline redness, although I expect it will help your flushing. Any questions, let me know. Iíve had a lot of vbeams and my last one was very effective, but have one booked for 2 weeks time.

Ok unfortunately my derm is unwilling to do the bruising settings. I don't really know her reasoning but I'm not going to argue. I'll do some research and try and find a good derm in TN that will. Is hyperpigmentation permanent? What does hyperpigmentation look like after PDL? You have any pictures? Thanks for your help.

Ok unfortunately my derm is unwilling to do the bruising settings. I don't really know her reasoning but I'm not going to argue. I'll do some research and try and find a good derm in TN that will. Is hyperpigmentation permanent? What does hyperpigmentation look like after PDL? You have any pictures? Thanks for your help.
    Hyperpigmentation is rarely permanent, but I have only ever had mild hyperpigmentation so Iím not the right person to ask. Mine faded in a few weeks but hyperpigmentation usually lasts a few months in most cases. If you trust your derm, I would question why she wouldnít do a bruising treatment. A bruise is ďevidenceĒ that the blood vessel has been coagulated. A good derm will be able to find a setting that bruises but doesnít scab (the scabbing will lead to hyperpigmentation in many cases). Your derm however will of course have much more understanding than me of your condition.

I canít remember the spot size, but was 3ms at 11 joules. I have had 15 vbeamís now. Here is before, immediately after treatment and then results.

Seb, I am loving your results. Would you mind if I messaged you and asked you a few questions about V Beam? I'm having another treatment next month and I'm wondering about a few things. Thanks!

-K