Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Had Vbeam 4 days ago, cheeks still red and also nose is breaking out in small pimples

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default Vbeam did not work, made things worse...:(

    I had Vbeam laser 4 days ago and my cheeks still have that reddish tint to it and I also noticed that my nose is breaking out with all these small little pimples everywhere.

    Are both of these normal?

    Thank you!

    EDIT: I'm not sure what the setting of the vbeam where, but when I looked at the monitor there was either a number 6 on the left side and an 8 on the middle/right side or vise versa and it also said 144 pulses on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

    Was this a weak or strong setting?

    EDIT: My derm said I would bruise, what did she mean by this? Like actual bruising color or bruising as in swelling? Because after 2 treatments, neither time did I get bruises...My face just felt swelled up. I see people on this forum with little purple dots after the Vbeam, I've never got even 1 of them, is something wrong?
    Last edited by JimmyJames420; 6th October 2018 at 11:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Iím assuming you got them done for roscea?
    You should contact your derm and see the settings used. If you didnít get those purple dots your talking about that stay on your face for about 10 days they didnít use purperic settings.

    Which would be 0.45 duration. Iíve heard 1.5 too but donít quote me on that. From my knowledge majority of the derms still donít it. I actually got the vbeam done right around the same time as you. Since you said itís your 2nd treatment have you noticed signigant changes? Was wondering how long your recovery from seeing best results was after the 1st one thanks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotsfired24 View Post
    I’m assuming you got them done for roscea?
    You should contact your derm and see the settings used. If you didn’t get those purple dots your talking about that stay on your face for about 10 days they didn’t use purperic settings.

    Which would be 0.45 duration. I’ve heard 1.5 too but don’t quote me on that. From my knowledge majority of the derms still don’t it. I actually got the vbeam done right around the same time as you. Since you said it’s your 2nd treatment have you noticed signigant changes? Was wondering how long your recovery from seeing best results was after the 1st one thanks.
    Yes, I did it for Rosacea on my cheeks and nose....TBH with you, I don't think I should of spent the money on the 3 treatment plan.

    IMO, it has done absolutely nothing to my cheeks and nose....Only thing that is has done is make my face even more red and swollen for sometime afterwards from the heat of the laser itself or w/e.

    Once the redness from the laser dies down, I notice no changes....I still have the same exact redness that was on my cheeks and nose as before and also have the exact same broken capillaries on my cheeks and nose as well.

    I also am quite upset too, bc not only did it do nothing and I wasted my money....But, I swear I have gotten new broken capillaries on my nose from the 2 treatments that I have had so far and I also for some reason or another after my 2nd treatment I've gotten literally 10 small little pimple/bumps on my nose (I've never had that many on my nose at once EVER), so not only does my nose have more red veins on it but it's also covered in small nose pimples.

    I don't understand it, the Derm. promised me the redness and veins would go away, but not even a single thing happened positive after 2 treatments.

    I still have 1 more treatment to go, but i'm not even sure I want to go in 1 month from now, bc like I said all that happens is swelling and increased redness for sometime afterwards and once that goes away it's the same as before, so not sure whats the point in going through that for a 3rd time for no results...


    I'm pretty depressed about it and just starting smoking again Today after quitting for quite some time bc I know is not good for my Rosacea because smoking is 1 of my triggers that make me flush when I do smoke. Now I'm depressed about that too.... :/

    Sigh, I was so hopeful too. WHATEVER

    I don't get it, how it works for some and not for others.
    Last edited by JimmyJames420; 6th October 2018 at 11:53 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames420 View Post
    Yes, I did it for Rosacea on my cheeks and nose....TBH with you, I don't think I should of spent the money on the 3 treatment plan.

    IMO, it has done absolutely nothing to my cheeks and nose....Only thing that is has done is make my face even more red and swollen for sometime afterwards from the heat of the laser itself or w/e.

    Once the redness from the laser dies down, I notice no changes....I still have the same exact redness that was on my cheeks and nose as before and also have the exact same broken capillaries on my cheeks and nose as well.

    I also am quite upset too, bc not only did it do nothing and I wasted my money....But, I swear I have gotten new broken capillaries on my nose from the 2 treatments that I have had so far and I also for some reason or another after my 2nd treatment I've gotten literally 10 small little pimple/bumps on my nose (I've never had that many on my nose at once EVER), so not only does my nose have more red veins on it but it's also covered in small nose pimples.

    I don't understand it, the Derm. promised me the redness and veins would go away, but not even a single thing happened positive after 2 treatments.

    I still have 1 more treatment to go, but i'm not even sure I want to go in 1 month from now, bc like I said all that happens is swelling and increased redness for sometime afterwards and once that goes away it's the same as before, so not sure whats the point in going through that for a 3rd time for no results...


    I'm pretty depressed about it and just starting smoking again Today after quitting for quite some time bc I know is not good for my Rosacea because smoking is 1 of my triggers that make me flush when I do smoke. Now I'm depressed about that too.... :/

    Sigh, I was so hopeful too. WHATEVER

    I don't get it, how it works for some and not for others.

    Yes I havenít noticed much of mine either I just got it done Thursday though. If you do get your last treatment you should ask for more harsh settings.
    How long would you say till your redness died down from the vbeam? Iíve read a lot around reddit and these forums and from what I see is it has be settings that sets you to bruise. Youíll bruise bad 7-10 days but you actually see results from what my understanding is.

    Are you on any medication?
    Have you tried IPL as well

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    141
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotsfired24 View Post
    Yes I havenít noticed much of mine either I just got it done Thursday though. If you do get your last treatment you should ask for more harsh settings.
    How long would you say till your redness died down from the vbeam? Iíve read a lot around reddit and these forums and from what I see is it has be settings that sets you to bruise. Youíll bruise bad 7-10 days but you actually see results from what my understanding is.

    Are you on any medication?
    Have you tried IPL as well
    if you have persistent redness, bruising is much more effective. My last treatment was at 3ms and 11 joules, and I bruised, and was very effective for my rosacea. Brusing will come up straight away, literally in seconds. So, if you want the most effectiveness, ensure that you bruise.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    if you have persistent redness, bruising is much more effective. My last treatment was at 3ms and 11 joules, and I bruised, and was very effective for my rosacea. Brusing will come up straight away, literally in seconds. So, if you want the most effectiveness, ensure that you bruise.

    So
    10mm
    11 joules
    3ms?

    Did you get tons of black bruises? I donít have veins on my face just pure redness how much would you say itís reducted and how many times have you had it done

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotsfired24 View Post
    Yes I havenít noticed much of mine either I just got it done Thursday though. If you do get your last treatment you should ask for more harsh settings.
    How long would you say till your redness died down from the vbeam? Iíve read a lot around reddit and these forums and from what I see is it has be settings that sets you to bruise. Youíll bruise bad 7-10 days but you actually see results from what my understanding is.

    Are you on any medication?
    Have you tried IPL as well

    Redness and swelling took about a week to die down to original redness.

    I have not tried IPL, not sure if I would either, being that vbeam was supposedly the "gold standard".

    I might look into it tho, idk.

    How's your results coming along?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    141
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    I canít remember the spot size, but was 3ms at 11 joules. I have had 15 vbeamís now. Here is before, immediately after treatment and then results.





  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    I canít remember the spot size, but was 3ms at 11 joules. I have had 15 vbeamís now. Here is before, immediately after treatment and then results.





    wow, your cheeks looked exactly like mine were and still are.

    Your results are great, is that good or is it bc of the lighting?

    Wish I had half the results you had, wow.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    141
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames420 View Post
    wow, your cheeks looked exactly like mine were and still are.

    Your results are great, is that good or is it bc of the lighting?

    Wish I had half the results you had, wow.
    The lighting definitely plays a part no doubt, but for me it really helped the burning as well, which is my main issue. I think you can see quite clearly between the first photo and the one with bruises (which was only 2 days after the laser) that the redness cleared up significantly. For me, the redness was never the issue, and barley noticeable. The burning sensation was the main issue, and this last treatment really sorted it out for the last 6 months. My skin in the last 6 months was nowhere near perfect, donít get me wrong, but manageable.

    I might add, I have another laser at the end of the this month, as my skin has started to regress over the last month. Will update results when I have had it.

    I have had I think 16 vbeams now, and I would say if you have persistent redness, bruising is essential. But thatís just me, might be different for different people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Rosacea redness cheeks/nose Vbeam
    By RosaceaGuy24(: in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th January 2018, 04:37 PM
  2. Fatty nose with small red veins for 15 years
    By onelove in forum Phymatous rosacea (Rhinophyma)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th December 2014, 01:12 AM
  3. Panicked - VBeam treatment 11 days ago - New to the forum
    By mastro in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 5th September 2014, 02:46 AM
  4. Vbeam 4 weeks ago, still red, help (and new member)
    By paperbag in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10th June 2012, 03:35 AM
  5. Had VBeam Laser Treatment 4 days ago - and worried!!!
    By trelissick in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd August 2010, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •