Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: UK Laser specialists

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    144
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Hey Seb,

    I know you've had a TON of vbeams. When you first started, about how many treatments would you say it took to notice a dramatic difference in your condition?
    When I had persistent redness, the first bruising v beam helped immediately.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Country: United States

    Default

    How long does it take for the bruising to go away? Do you take work off?

    This seems like such a pain in the ass. I'm considering vbeam but I don't want to be locked in my room for two weeks. I know for a fact people I know would be super critical if they saw me w/ all the bruises.Is it still effective w/out bruising?

    Thanks

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    144
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
    How long does it take for the bruising to go away? Do you take work off?

    This seems like such a pain in the ass. I'm considering vbeam but I don't want to be locked in my room for two weeks. I know for a fact people I know would be super critical if they saw me w/ all the bruises.Is it still effective w/out bruising?

    Thanks
    Takes 2 weeks for heavy bruising, 10 days for light bruising in my experience. I think the people that you know that would be super critical arenít worth knowing. Itís a seriously debilitating condition and surrounding yourself with people that can support you can really help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    272
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
    How long does it take for the bruising to go away? Do you take work off?

    This seems like such a pain in the ass. I'm considering vbeam but I don't want to be locked in my room for two weeks. I know for a fact people I know would be super critical if they saw me w/ all the bruises.Is it still effective w/out bruising?

    Thanks
    I've had PDL and have been out socialising with friends who are understanding and fine with it. I've been quite open about my laser treatment and I've got a fairly supportive network. I told them exactly what happened with the Mirvaso and that I've been putting my skin right.

    Manuka honey with a little turmeric added makes a facemask which might heal you quicker. It helped me. Just don't take aspirin after PDL and be sure to wear SPF 50 sunscreen all over your face every time you go out in daylight. You'll be photo sensitive for months afterthe fact.

    PDL has helped me a lot. However, you'll need multiple treatments since the laser technician is likely to leave gaps if you request high bruising settings. Therefore, little pockets of redness will be still be visible once you've healed from the bruising. Those missed areas will have to be dealt with separatley in another session.

    Then there's IPL, which is gentler than PDL but does not leave the punched out effect. IPL can feather out the circular blanched skin effect. I only had one IPL but it did brighten my skin overall and take away some of the pinkness.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

    • Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Takes 2 weeks for heavy bruising, 10 days for light bruising in my experience. I think the people that you know that would be super critical aren’t worth knowing. It’s a seriously debilitating condition and surrounding yourself with people that can support you can really help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. How severe is your redness? How often were you flushing? I agree flushing is annoying and can sometimes affect my life, but it's not crohn's disease or cancer or any other serious life infliction. I'd 100% take it over any other disease and I would by no means qualify it as seriously debilitating, unless you have the kind of flushing that causes pain or you're flushing severely all day everyday. It's generally purely cosmetic, at least for me. Did you try medication before laser?
    Last edited by beherenow; 21st May 2019 at 11:31 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    144
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
    Thanks for the info. How severe is your redness? How often were you flushing? I agree flushing is annoying and can sometimes affect my life, but it's not crohn's disease or cancer or any other serious life infliction. I'd 100% take it over any other disease and I would by no means qualify it as seriously debilitating, unless you have the kind of flushing that causes pain or you're flushing severely all day everyday. It's generally purely cosmetic, at least for me. Did you try medication before laser?
    My redness switches from mild to moderate. Unfortunaelty, I get serious burning from my flushing, so for me its not just purely cosmetic. Lasers have tended to help both redness and burning in the past, but have had so many that I have removed some pigment from my skin, which I noticed when I was in Mexico recently. I went quite dark, but there were spots of whiteness that wouldn't tan, which suggests that maybe I had been too tanned for one or more of my previous treatments, and it removed the melanin in those spots. I'm half Swedish, so used to tan very dark, but the lasers have diminshed my ability to tan over the years, but they have definitely helped my flushing in the past. I don't actually take medication because of the effect I have read it has on your gut microbiome, and studying the gut and its effect on health, in general, has led me to clean up my diet. I would air on the side of caution if flushing is your only issue, lasers are definitely a great tool in the right hands, but they can have adverse effects. Hope that helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Southern California Rosacea Specialists?
    By Rand627 in forum North America
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th January 2011, 12:38 AM
  2. derms/specialists in San Diego
    By sdkid in forum North America
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st February 2007, 09:27 PM
  3. Interviewing Laser Eye Specialists to treat Ocular Rosacea
    By drnase in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd December 2005, 09:05 PM
  4. Camouflage Specialists UK
    By Bob Bear in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 7th October 2005, 11:41 PM
  5. Dr. Nase or Northeasterners who are these laser specialists
    By YankeesRtheBest in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th July 2005, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •