Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demodex

Quote Originally Posted by LHutcher View Post
    After the MD told me this might be my problem, I got a clean bottle with stopper and put one part apple cider vinegar and six to seven parts water. I rinse with this after face washing and then rinse again with water at least five or six times. Don't know for sure that it is helping but seems to be. I've also quit drinking coffee, which for me was a big game changer after three or four weeks. (it takes that long for results to show). I have also very recently started trying the kraut a little, couple times a day. My face is clearer than in years. Thanks to those who were good enough to offer the advice. The vinegar is my own idea and is not my recommendation to you without checking with a doctor. It is only what seems to be helping me.
    That’s great. How do you use the kraut?

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    I'm in the same boat...For me so far the best thing was probably the tea tree oil to provoke a terrifying die-off (you saw the photos) to reduce the population of mites dramatically
    I read in the soolantra thread that someone took doxycycline and it stopped the die off symptoms after a few hours! Wonder if anyone else has the same experience. If so, it would be really helpful. For many of us the so called “die off” reaction resulting from the initiation of treatment is much worse than the chronic condition we were living with prior to attempting treatment.

Default Demodex

In reply to how I am using the Kraut? I keep some in a jar in the frig and two or three times a day I eat a bite, possibly two. I have become convinced this is helping my small intestines to be healthier, which I also believe is the real cause of my problems. No guarantees but for me it has been very helpful, as I am now clear except for a place above my right ear and I believe it to be a bite from an insect. I wash my face with Dove for sensitive skin and rinse with the one part apple cider vinegar and seven parts water, and stay my face out of the sun. All these things are very cheap and not expensive. Perhaps that is why they have taken so many years to come to me. These are only things that I do and not recommended to you without your doctors approval. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be. Oh let me say again, I have also stopped drinking coffee, which for me I believe was a terrible trigger. (takes three weeks for the improvement to show up) I also avoid dairy. Good luck

Default Demodex

The rinse I spoke of above. Let me say that after I rinse with the vinegar/water solution that I immediately rinse again with just clear water. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by btsarah View Post
    I read in the soolantra thread that someone took doxycycline and it stopped the die off symptoms after a few hours! Wonder if anyone else has the same experience. If so, it would be really helpful. For many of us the so called “die off” reaction resulting from the initiation of treatment is much worse than the chronic condition we were living with prior to attempting treatment.
    I took these two together. I started the soolantra on wed and saw an improvement on friday. Starting taking the antibiotic on friday and broke out in a horrific rash I dont know if it was die off or a reaction to the antibiotic. Discontinued the doxy after 3 days and the rash disappeared almost immediately. And my skin was totally clear by the following friday. Now I'm about 8 weeks in and I no longer apply the soolantra daily. I use it once a week just in case. My skin has not felt so soft or looked this good in years! I was lucky and amazed at the results. It was worth the $50 for the tube even though my insurance wont cover it without a bunch of paper work. I have probably only used 1/4 of it.....I could kick myself for not going in to the dermatologist sooner!