Thread: Update: Still doing great

Default Update: Still doing great

Hi all.

I know thereís a tendency for people to just stop posting after some time if they find a way to improve or get rid of their symptoms completely. I did myself. So I thought Iíd give a short update on my situation.

I battled some pretty intense type 2 rosacea along with ocular symptoms in the years 2012-2014. I had used metro-cream for a couple of years before that, and that kept it pretty much in check. My symptoms however exploded after a mindless experiment with some mild steroid creme, and after that nothing worked. I tried metro, finacea, antibiotics, coconut oil, changing my diet, everything (this was before Mirvaso and Soolantra, havenít tried those).

Iíd pretty much given up hope when I some desperate night bought the ZZ Cream online. When it arrived I didnít have the guts to try it for a couple of weeks, but I got drunk some other night and apparently applied it. The effect came the next morning! The redness had greatly reduced and my skin was dry in a nice way and not oily as it used to be. I kept using it, and after a couple of months I was 99 procent rosacea free.

And I still am. I keep maintaining by applying it very thinly a couple of days a week. I only have to buy a new jar every two years. I never think about my rosacea anymore, only when I check in here every couple of months to see if anythingís new.

I guess what Iím trying to say is that even though things seems hopeless, there is always a way. I myself was so depressed and thought my life was pretty much over. Hang in there, and if you havenít tried ZZ Cream, do give it a shot. I know itís helped some people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    Hi all.

I know thereís a tendency for people to just stop posting after some time if they find a way to improve or get rid of their symptoms completely. I did myself. So I thought Iíd give a short update on my situation.

I battled some pretty intense type 2 rosacea along with ocular symptoms in the years 2012-2014. I had used metro-cream for a couple of years before that, and that kept it pretty much in check. My symptoms however exploded after a mindless experiment with some mild steroid creme, and after that nothing worked. I tried metro, finacea, antibiotics, coconut oil, changing my diet, everything (this was before Mirvaso and Soolantra, havenít tried those).

Iíd pretty much given up hope when I some desperate night bought the ZZ Cream online. When it arrived I didnít have the guts to try it for a couple of weeks, but I got drunk some other night and apparently applied it. The effect came the next morning! The redness had greatly reduced and my skin was dry in a nice way and not oily as it used to be. I kept using it, and after a couple of months I was 99 procent rosacea free.

And I still am. I keep maintaining by applying it very thinly a couple of days a week. I only have to buy a new jar every two years. I never think about my rosacea anymore, only when I check in here every couple of months to see if anythingís new.

I guess what Iím trying to say is that even though things seems hopeless, there is always a way. I myself was so depressed and thought my life was pretty much over. Hang in there, and if you havenít tried ZZ Cream, do give it a shot. I know itís helped some people on this board.

Brilliant post!! Happy for you and gives us all hope.

Thanks for updating, and thrilled you've done so well!!!

Thanks for posting your update! I have been helped tremendously with applying coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil and leave on for 30-40 minutes nightly. My skin is really clear and my ocular symptoms are greatly reduced. My skin has not looked this good in years. The combo I am using is good for mites, too (like ZZ.)

Keep up the great progress.

Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson