Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Permethrin - game changer

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    When you used Soolantra or the other topicals, did you also notice a die off?
    No I didnít have die off with anything else. The permethrin is the only thing Iíve used which has produced really substantial results. Other than permethrin and soolantra I havenít used any topical which would have provoked a die off

Quote Originally Posted by Brit_in_oz View Post
    No I didnít have die off with anything else. The permethrin is the only thing Iíve used which has produced really substantial results. Other than permethrin and soolantra I havenít used any topical which would have provoked a die off
    Any news?

Skin has continued to clear. I actually got a bit complacent and slacked off on daily application and it seemed to come back a bit. I went back to daily application and it receded again and continues to. Am still really happy with the treatment.

Has anyone else tried it? Would love to hear if others are having a positive experience too!

I havenít tried it, but itís on my list. I too used Soolantra in the past and wasnít sure if I should also try permethrin, but according to your experience, there is still hope for it to work. There are several old posts about permethrin on this forum that you can find using the search box.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I havenít tried it, but itís on my list. I too used Soolantra in the past and wasnít sure if I should also try permethrin, but according to your experience, there is still hope for it to work. There are several old posts about permethrin on this forum that you can find using the search box.
    Same for me. I have permethrin sitting in my box of "things to try".

I'm finding it difficult to decide when to give up on Thing A in order to give Thing B a chance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post

I'm finding it difficult to decide when to give up on Thing A in order to give Thing B a chance, though.
    I currently find myself back in this same situation, dryad. It's a particularly cruel twist of this awful curse, sadly...

Best wishes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post

I always use one cream at a time for 3-4 months, then I move on. I have been using Lyclear for 3 weeks and my skin is getting worse and worse, but the problem is that I also went off the correct diet and eat every possible rosacea-triggering food. I know that itís the worst time for being greedy for food, but I canít help it. I also started using Ambitasol medical wash (it contains triclosan), which is really really helpful at keeping p&p at bay.

Is Permethrin similar to soolantra (i.e. kills demodex)? I didn't have any luck with soolantra, and consequently ruled out demodex as a cause, but I'm thinking about giving this a try..