Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who "cured" their rosacea and how?

Brady and Elaine did you eliminate your Demodex

Here's what I do for maintenance.
    1. Use a clean towel for face everyday. Mites can live on a wet towel for up to 54 hours. Washing and drying towels in a washer and clothes dryer at temperatures of at least 58 degrees C. will kill the mites.
    2. Wash face at night with a tea tree oil based face wash. (Desert Essence, The Body Shop and eye eco brands are all good).
    3. After washing, spray face with Hypochlorous acid spray and let dry before using regular serum and moisturizer. (Heyedrate and Occusoft brands are good). This is a very dilute and mild spray that is the same chemical made by the human body in response to a scrape. Its anti-microbial and will kill juvenile mites.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela40 View Post
    Brady and Elaine did you eliminate your Demodex
    Mine are still gone after 28+ months post oral treatment. I used the 2 drug, 2 week treatment with Oral Ivermectin and Oral Metronidazole. It worked for me.

Default Congratulations on getting rid of your Demodex

I’m so glad you don’t have Demodex, what if my doctor will only prescribe one of the oral medication do you think it will still be effective

I wish doctors could reach out to you, you could help out so many people who are struggling with Demodex. I wonder how we can let others know about your success, that’s such great news, I can’t wait for these mites to leave me alone, It has been difficult not being able to give hugs and kisses to my children. What test did your doctor perform on you to check for Demodex

I wish doctors could reach out to you, you could help out so many people who are struggling with Demodex. I wonder how we can let others know about your success, that’s such great news, I can’t wait for these mites to leave me alone, It has been difficult not being able to give hugs and kisses to my children. What test did your doctor perform on you to check for Demodex
    A doctor can test for demodex by collecting a skin sample, placing it on a slide and trying to count the demodex to see if there are enough to consider it to be the source of the skin or eye issues. Demodex can be tricky to count because they do not like light and scuttle to the edge of the slide. Because it is difficult to get an accurate count, some doctors will prescribe the oral demodex treatment to eliminate demodex as a cause.

2 ways to collect the skin sample for the slide:
    1. Do a light skin scraping and place the results on the slide.
    2. Put some glue on the slide and stick the slide on the face in an affected area. Wait briefly and pull the slide off. This works sort of like a pore strip.

In my case, after having skin and eye issues for decades it turned into a very severe case of ocular rosacea (blepharitis demodex). My long time family physician prescribed the treatment after checking and making sure the drugs were safe for me. It worked and no other treatment ever did.

I’m so glad you don’t have Demodex, what if my doctor will only prescribe one of the oral medication do you think it will still be effective
    One drug might work, it has for some. The more effective treatment is the 2 drug Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole, 2 week treatment. The medical study showed that it was more effective to take both drugs. Try taking a copy of the paper with you to show your doctor in case they are not familiar with this anti-parasitic treatment.

The doctor should check your medical history to make sure that you do not have any allergies or conditions that would make it unsafe to take either or both drugs. The drugs are older and have a good, long term safety record. They are on the WHO's list of 100 essential medications. I had no side effects from the treatment.

Link to the medical paper "Evaluation of the efficacy of oral ivermectin in comparison with ivermectin–metronidazole combined therapy in the treatment of ocular and skin lesions of*Demodex folliculorum"* * *URL:**https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X

If the link is broken, Google the title of the paper to find it.

Default Thank you

Thank you I will show this to the doctor what shampoo do you use

I’m also new to this group and not sure how to post on the forum so that everyone can see i live in Atlanta Georgia and would like to know if anyone that lives in Atlanta could recommend there doctor that specializes in Demodex, if anyone needs to reach me my email is mikeprotwo50@yahoo.com thank you

Thank you I will show this to the doctor what shampoo do you use
    For active Demodex, the DIY Borax shampoo followed by a dilute Apple Cider Vinegar rinse is very effective.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...inse-(Balances

For maintenance I still use this about once a month or so. The rest of the time I use a regular shampoo (Sulphate free).