Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Types of laser

Correct, a lot of laser treatments are done in the winter when there is less sunlight and the sun is not as strong. I live in Florida, so although we do get shorter days because of the time change, the sun is still pretty strong. Just be sure to wear sunscreen all the time, even if you are going to be indoors or if it is cloudy outside. Even sitting by a window can allow sundamage to happen, so after laser treatments, be sure you are covered up as much as possible.

I had IPL in November 2018, and my doc told me to do whatever I needed to do before the treatment to flush. I went for a 20 minute run in the freezing cold and then entered his warm clinic, causing my face to blush/flush severely. He told me it was easier to treat as the dilated vessels would respond to the treatment.

He said the IPL device he was using operates on a "seek and destroy" basis, and that he had his patients doing whatever they needed to do to deliberatley aggrevate their skin. He said some paitents would drink a glass of red wine if that was their trigger.

I'm having PDL next week and I'll be doing what I did with my IPL in 2018 - spending as much time out in the cold right up until the treatment. I do not want to spend any time indoors as my face will look benign prior to treatment when I really want it to look its worst so it's easier to see where to treat and with what energy settings (bruising for me in the major flush zones).
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.