Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tranexamic Acid Solution

Default Trial

The mouse study looks interesting, suggests TA could be really helpful
    Last edited by Brooks; 7th January 2019 at 05:45 PM.

Ive ordered a cream containing tranexamic acid and collagen from ebay.Hope it doesn't have the same affect as vitamin k did.

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Ive ordered a cream containing tranexamic acid and collagen from ebay.Hope it doesn't have the same affect as vitamin k did.
    Cool. May I ask which one you ordered? I have a Chinese TA cream but I'm afraid to put it on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I've soaked one side of my face about 6 times over around 10 days now. My skin has been getting less red and the flushing has been less frequent and less intense, but on both sides of my face, not just the one I've been treating. Actually my face looks better than it has in several years. I'm not sure if that's because of the tranexamic acid circulating throughout my face when I apply it to one side, or if the improvement is related to something else that started recently (taking 3g of MSM, wearing sunscreen more often, less accidental sun exposure due to the change in season, washing my face more gently, acclimating to the winter indoor heat that came on recently, etc). I've also started using a couple hyaluronic acid and niacinamide products on parts of my face that aren't affected by rosacea.

I'm going to soak my nose and one cheek nightly for 20 minutes for a week now and see if the split face test is still inconclusive.

One thing I've noticed is that the soaked side of my face is very calm and cool after the soaking. I tested with gauze soaked in cold water and no tranexamic acid and got the same effect, so it looks like soaking your face in cold wet gauze is a good way to break a flush, possibly because the heat dissipates through the pores in the gauze well.

Been continuing with the nightly 20 minute soaks on one side of face. I'm having a flare at the moment but the one side of my face has improved enough that I'm happy to end the split face test and start soaking both sides.

Cool. May I ask which one you ordered? I have a Chinese TA cream but I'm afraid to put it on my face.
    Dermo Pharma DNA Moisturising Cream Tranexamic Acid + Collagen Cell Renewal 50ml.
    Will try a test area on my neck first

I decided to try combining the tranexamic acid with a 0.5mm dermaroller to see if I can get better delivery. I'm not sure if the results are better yet but it's not very irritating at least.

[QUOTE=jrlhamcat2;347364]I decided to try combining the tranexamic acid with a 0.5mm dermaroller to see if I can get better delivery. I'm not sure if the results are better yet but it's not very irritating at least.[/QU
    Does the dermaroller cause alot of bleeding?
    I've got alot of new permanent dilated capillaries and am worried that if I tried it I could make things worse.

[QUOTE=red devil;347370]
    I decided to try combining the tranexamic acid with a 0.5mm dermaroller to see if I can get better delivery. I'm not sure if the results are better yet but it's not very irritating at least.[/QU
    Does the dermaroller cause alot of bleeding?
    I've got alot of new permanent dilated capillaries and am worried that if I tried it I could make things worse.
    No bleeding at 0.5mm though I've heard it's possible. I didn't press very hard.

This page has some info about the different needle lengths. I don't know how acccurate it is.

http://dermarollerinfo.com/derma-roller-needle-size/

I was reading this interview (completely unrelated to rosacea) earlier, and now I'm wondering whether it's possible to get a similar effect to tranexamic acid by soaking your face with black tea bags:

Ho: I have never worked in a hospital that doesn't have tea bags for patients or family members. They are actually really great for mucous membrane bleeding. Here, I have a routine hospital tea bag. It can be any brand, such as Lipton black tea. The black tea has tannic acid in it, which is a vasoconstrictor, which means that you can use it for topical application of anything from dental extractions to hemorrhoidectomies. This is very well documented in the literature.[1,2,3]

[One of my favorite tricks is using tea bags following dental extractions.] I open up a tea bag, wet it, put it in the patient's mouth, and tell them to bite down on it for about 20 minutes. That pressure plus the vasoconstriction almost always stops these dental extraction bleeds, even if they are on anticoagulation.

Glatter: That is really novel. In my experience, I've used TXA [tranexamic acid], which might not be readily available. This is an incredible approach. How do your patients respond to this?

Ho: They love it. They think it is so novel. It is a great thing to educate patients on for when they go home. You always worry about re-bleeding. I just tell them, "Hey, before you come to the hospital, you can try a tea bag at home." They love that. You can't send them home with TXA. You can't send them home with topical cocaine. This is a great thing that means they don't have to come back.

Glatter: Do you use warm water when you use the tea bag approach? Does the temperature matter in terms of any hemostasis?

Ho: The temperature doesn't usually matter. I tend to use cold water, but it doesn't make a difference.

Glatter: Can you use any variety of tea or is this limited to a certain kind of tea?

Ho: It has to be black tea. You want to have any tea with tannic acid. I couldn't speak to Earl Grey or any of those, but all black teas have tannic acid in it.
    I'll probably try this sometime. I doubt it gives the same results, but it would be great if black tea bags were a cheap and easily obtainable therapy for rosacea-related redness.
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 17th January 2019 at 12:59 PM.

My skin is in much better shape in terms of redness, flushing, and overall texture than when I started tranexamic acid soaking. I seem to have recovered well with from derma rolling as well.

I'm going to drop back to two soaks a week, combined with the derma roller every other week.

I'll post back if anything major changes, but based on the studies and what I've seen so far it seems like this is a good treatment for reducing subtype one symptoms. I think I still need more lasers to stop the remaining flushing and redness though.