Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tranexamic Acid Solution

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    My skin is in much better shape in terms of redness, flushing, and overall texture than when I started tranexamic acid soaking. I seem to have recovered well with from derma rolling as well.

I'm going to drop back to two soaks a week, combined with the derma roller every other week.

I'll post back if anything major changes, but based on the studies and what I've seen so far it seems like this is a good treatment for reducing subtype one symptoms. I think I still need more lasers to stop the remaining flushing and redness though.
    This is really interesting, thanks for the update! May I ask what type of gauze youíre using? Also, are you placing the soaked gauzes on your skin and allowing it to sit their for 20 mins to saturate the skin, or are you just wiping your skin with the wet gauze, then micro needling?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This is really interesting, thanks for the update! May I ask what type of gauze youíre using? Also, are you placing the soaked gauzes on your skin and allowing it to sit their for 20 mins to saturate the skin, or are you just wiping your skin with the wet gauze, then micro needling?
    I wash and dry my face, then derma roll with 0.5 mm needles to create holes for the TXA to soak through, then apply the soaked gauze pads (1 on each cheek, 1 on nose) for 30 minutes.

If you decide to try derma rolling I'd suggest watching a few videos about technique, sanitation, needle lengths, and safety.

I'm just using gauze pads like these.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I wash and dry my face, then derma roll with 0.5 mm needles to create holes for the TXA to soak through, then apply the soaked gauze pads (1 on each cheek, 1 on nose) for 30 minutes.

If you decide to try derma rolling I'd suggest watching a few videos about technique, sanitation, needle lengths, and safety.

I'm just using gauze pads like these.
    Nice one! Do you find the gauze pads retain the moisture for the full 30 minute duration, or do they start to dry up fairly quickly? Iíve been trying to find gauzes made from Ďoptimumí material so that they remain soaked and donít start drying too quickly if that makes sense. The ones youíve linked seem fairly standard, which is encouraging.

Also, how easily do you find the TA powder dilutes in the water? i.e, any residual bits floating or does it mix-in nicely? I wonder how practical it would be to buy TA tablets over the counter and use a pill grinder, and dilute it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Nice one! Do you find the gauze pads retain the moisture for the full 30 minute duration, or do they start to dry up fairly quickly? I’ve been trying to find gauzes made from ‘optimum’ material so that they remain soaked and don’t start drying too quickly if that makes sense. The ones you’ve linked seem fairly standard, which is encouraging.

Also, how easily do you find the TA powder dilutes in the water? i.e, any residual bits floating or does it mix-in nicely? I wonder how practical it would be to buy TA tablets over the counter and use a pill grinder, and dilute it this way.
    I haven't found they dry out. I think thick cotton pads used for makeup removal would be fine too.

The TXA powder dilutes easily; just shake them gently in a container for a several seconds. Some of the solution runs down my cheeks, and there is a white powdery residue on parts of my face when I'm done.

I haven't looked into using the tablets to make a solution, partly because they're prescription-only in the US, and if I wanted to get a prescription I'd try to get ampoules of TXA solution (these are made for injection, but they're perfect for soaking) instead. The other reason is that I think they probably contain a binder or something other than just TXA and I have no idea how to separate the components.
    Last edited by jrlhamcat2; 19th January 2019 at 04:13 PM.